Deadlift Max Poll

makey98

Best Deadlift  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is your best 1 Rep Max on RAW Deadlift : sumo or conventional: feel free to add bodywieght

• 200+
    • 300+
    • 400+
    • 500+
    • 600+
    • 700+ : I am just a beast

I just started about 4 months ago and i'm gaining alot of strength very fast (newbie gains). When i started, i pulled my back attempting 500 and could not lift it off the ground. About a month ago I lifted 500 quite easily and tried 545 but could only get it to my knees and i started to feel the pulling again. that same week, I started a 14 week powerlifting program and i am hoping to get over 600 at the end of the program. I weigh 255 and 6'2''.

I'm working hard on technique and form cuz that back pulling thing has got me a little scared, i dont want to be an invalid for 2 weeks again. I dont use a belt or wraps or anything but i'm getting a belt tomorrow for my max efforts. I have no idea what form to use, sumo or conventional, i just use conventional.

Join our race to 550 thread, we need a couple more running mates!

Rico

Thanks for the invite man! Sure i'm in.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shoggoth

• John Beatty

• JohanB

• rico300zx

haven't maxed in awhile.. i will pull again sunday at eric's

pulled 675 for a double at 264 awhile back and pulled 805 for a double on the trap bar this year... got a video of it somewhere. I'll see if i can find it....

Put some weight on the bar :rock

In an ADFPA (now USAPL) meet in 1989 I pulled 617 in the 181 pound class. That, to date, is my crowing achievement in competition pulling.

Would you say the trap bar is that much easier, or are you that much stronger now?

Rico

Would you say the trap bar is that much easier, or are you that much stronger now?

Rico

For some, like Ryan, the trap is much easier. I, however, can pull just as much with a barbell.

315 lbs conventional, over/under grip, barefoot at a very fat and soft 240lbs, been training the deadlift for about 4 months off and on, no real routine. I plan on changing that though.

pulled 675 for a double at 264 awhile back and pulled 805 for a double on the trap bar this year... got a video of it somewhere. I'll see if i can find it....

Nice! :rock

Wish I had access to a trap bar. Would be fun to try!

How much do you pull with a regular barbell? For a single that is?

dude trap bar is MUCH easier.. weight is PERFECTLY inline with your body and sets you up for the most efficient and bio-mechanically productive position you could ask for! plus you get to use a neutral grip which I prefer above all others...

there's a huge difference in capabilities with me on the trap versus traditional barbell..

ANDREW YOU'RE BETTER THAN 605!!!

Put some weight on the bar :rock

HAHA bar wouldn't even hold collars! we had to use a jumpstretch band to hold the plates on the bar! AWESOME car deadlift simulation!

405 lbs weighing under 170 at the time

I was on a program where I would warmup with lighter weight and hit 305 x5 until I got to around 360 x 5

then after a weeks rest got the 405 lbs, my maz before that was around 370 at a 160 bodyweight

Guest Bullitt

OK, I felt so weak after looking at this all day, I had to try for a new max today. Not much compared to a lot of you guys I know. But for a guy who had 2 back surgeries a couple years ago and has had a bad back for 20 years, I was thrilled. Pulled all the weight I had, which was 380lbs DO. May have had another 20 lbs in me if I had the weight. My previous best was a double with 310. Goal is 450 after the deadlift program I'm starting next week. I weigh 250 even. Long term goal is 2X bodyweight.

Started weight training again a month ago, now I'm at 385lbs. Trying to bring up my lower back and my squats. My quad strength is pathetic.

260kg at about 122kg, sumo (as wide as possible), done in 2007.

Slipped lumbar disk in 2004, escaped surgery by rehabbing myself with weighttraining.

Started weight training again a month ago, now I'm at 385lbs. Trying to bring up my lower back and my squats. My quad strength is pathetic.

Then again, quads are not much of use for a big pull or squat. Your posterior chain is waaaaay more important.

Just keep pulling hard and fast and you should nail 400lbs in no time.

I've been doing lots of sldl's and back extensions. I need to start with the good mornings and maybe pull throughs. Thoughts on assistance work ? Btw, my sticking point on deads is right at the floor, I pick up pretty good speed from there.

Edited by thehardway

Polled, my best was 200kg @ about 82kg, I've not had the means to work since but I'd hope to hit higher with a little work, I've 1 hand lifted 150kg+. :)

I just pulled 500 lbs the other day at 280. I did it Sumo style. It was actually my first time with a mixed grip so i finally did not have my grip as my failing point.

I've done 415 at a bodyweight of 205. If I can go 6 months without having back pain (my back has been screwed up since '97) I'll definitely increase that.

A few days back I was able to pull 406 raw at 147lb. Over/under grip standard olympic bar

my goal is 3x bodyweight, either at the weight I am at now or bumping up to 180lb bw and working toward 540

Edited by Jsmiley

• 3 months later...

My best nearly a year ago was 375 lbs. Deadlifted for about 8-9 months, than through wedding stuff and back problems, haven't deadlifted for the last 3-4 months. After doing some Christmas shopping on the weekend I was driving past the gym with my wife and decided to stop by and deadlift (don't know why, just felt like it).

So in street clothes, casual shoes and no belt, I tried for a new PR. So now it's:

441 lbs @ 211 bodyweight.

I just pulled 500 lbs the other day at 280. I did it Sumo style. It was actually my first time with a mixed grip so i finally did not have my grip as my failing point.

Given your bodyweight and large frame, you could probably build that up in a hurry with just a few months of consistent training. You're nearly 300 pounds already and have extreme novelty of the stimulus on your side, which is a rare combination.

-Rex

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled 550 raw in a PL comp this summer, 239 bodyweight. Conventional pull. Also did 330 lb per hand farmers walk for 55 feet this spring in comp.

Brent.

Edited by bcpower66

I guess I should update mine. I pulled 505# conventional, beltless, strapless, etc. at a tubby 245# a couple of months ago.