Deadlift Max Poll

makey98

Best Deadlift  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What is your best 1 Rep Max on RAW Deadlift : sumo or conventional: feel free to add bodywieght

• 200+
    • 300+
    • 400+
    • 500+
    • 600+
    • 700+ : I am just a beast

Back in the game here after long history of back pain. Been lifting consistently for 9 months with no injury! I love the deadlift, but this is a long road to get up to some real weights. I am maxing out in 2 weeks and hoping 325 at bodyweight of 165. Not very impressive and was curious to see what the guys on here are at. Hoping to get 405 by end of year, but we will see how that goes.

I was just curious to see what the numbers were. It seems that I am a pretty average guy, average height, average build, average athlete, but it is interesting to me how strength is such a variable thing. It seems like I work really hard to get stronger and make slow progress, but it seems everyone on the internet deadlifts over 405! Trying to get some real numbers from guys who actually train, (and I trust not to lie, like on other sites) Enjoy!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shoggoth

• John Beatty

• JohanB

• rico300zx

I lifted 240kilos - 529pounds a few months ago but a lower back injury stoped me there....looking to strart again...

Good luck with your progress.... :rock

Guest Bullitt

I did a double a couple months back with all the weight I had at the time. 310lbs. I weighed around 240 or so at the time. Coming back from disk surgery two years ago, so I understand coming back from back problems.

Next week, I'm starting a 6 week deadlifting program and hope to get that number up considerably.

Actually did Deadlifts last night at the gym.

Went up to 4 plates and it felt light, then put up another 30 lbs and lifted successfully.

My max is about on the 450 lbs mark.

Damn I love deadlifts - the KING of all exercises!

I'll be happy someday to be able to do 500 lbs.

What I've come to realize is that it's better to let the weight fall dead on the floor after each rep, this is much better for power and strength. I used to do my deadlifts by tapping on the floor on each rep, the momentum from the plates hitting the floor and the fact I wasn't struggling on the bottom portion of the lift made this approach not the most effective to higher my one rep max.

Edited by DannyGrip

I just started about 4 months ago and i'm gaining alot of strength very fast (newbie gains). When i started, i pulled my back attempting 500 and could not lift it off the ground. About a month ago I lifted 500 quite easily and tried 545 but could only get it to my knees and i started to feel the pulling again. that same week, I started a 14 week powerlifting program and i am hoping to get over 600 at the end of the program. I weigh 255 and 6'2''.

I'm working hard on technique and form cuz that back pulling thing has got me a little scared, i dont want to be an invalid for 2 weeks again. I dont use a belt or wraps or anything but i'm getting a belt tomorrow for my max efforts. I have no idea what form to use, sumo or conventional, i just use conventional.

Thought I'd add to the 'other' end of the range since you put in a 200+ option. ;) My 1rep max is 250#. I've been lifting about 8 months and am female.

Good luck with your training!

350 @ 175.

About 450# at a pudgy weight of 242#. Haven't deadlifted to much in the past few months as I've been doing more kettlebell and press work. I've just started a barbell program again after reading Rippetoe's books so the deadlift will be fairly predominant again. I've been doing some higher rep trapbar deads over the past couple of months as well. Different feel but I enjoy them as well. In the past year with the information I've been reading, etc. my posterior chain has been getting a pretty good workout and with the amout of press' and cleans my deads haven't fell back to much.

I tried 350lbs yesterday (8/12/09) after 3 sets of 5, 1 of 200, 250, 300. Felt good just pulled it once, its a personal best but after lifting it I know I can go way higher. Bodyweight of 180lbs.

I did 375 DO grip a couple months ago and failed at 400lbs. Not sure what I can do with a more traditional grip . I'm partaking in the same 6 week deads program with Bullitt starting next week so we'll see where we end up!

I hit 510lbs for an easy single a few months ago. I was about 240-245lbs at the time. Conventional stance.

I started my hand strength path just to be able to get my deads up a year or so ago. Now there's maybe only a 25# difference between my DO grip vs alt grip.

I just started about 4 months ago and i'm gaining alot of strength very fast (newbie gains). When i started, i pulled my back attempting 500 and could not lift it off the ground. About a month ago I lifted 500 quite easily and tried 545 but could only get it to my knees and i started to feel the pulling again. that same week, I started a 14 week powerlifting program and i am hoping to get over 600 at the end of the program. I weigh 255 and 6'2''.

I'm working hard on technique and form cuz that back pulling thing has got me a little scared, i dont want to be an invalid for 2 weeks again. I dont use a belt or wraps or anything but i'm getting a belt tomorrow for my max efforts. I have no idea what form to use, sumo or conventional, i just use conventional.

Join our race to 550 thread, we need a couple more running mates!

Rico

464 @ 260 (lb)

Magnus if you had a stronger grip you could probally hold on to more weight!

:)rico:)

Mark Desouza and I pulled 500 at Eric's in his garage prolly 4 or 5 mo. ago. I was weighing approx 230-240 then ... I'm 224lb now and dropping. That was my first time to try 500 and I think Mark's first time too. I lifted conventional and Mark pulled sumo. I tried it sumo later and couldn't budge it ... sumo feels alot harder for me but easier for Mark ... weird

Mark Desouza and I pulled 500 at Eric's in his garage prolly 4 or 5 mo. ago. I was weighing approx 230-240 then ... I'm 224lb now and dropping. That was my first time to try 500 and I think Mark's first time too. I lifted conventional and Mark pulled sumo. I tried it sumo later and couldn't budge it ... sumo feels alot harder for me but easier for Mark ... weird

It's a hip thang...

Highest i ever lifted was 400 @ 160 a few months ago, but since coming back from injury i've been repping considerably more than i had been when i got 400 so before i broke my elbow and wrist 2 days ago i would've been good for around 440, same bodyweight.

haven't maxed in awhile.. i will pull again sunday at eric's

pulled 675 for a double at 264 awhile back and pulled 805 for a double on the trap bar this year... got a video of it somewhere. I'll see if i can find it....

Edited by thewicked

Guest Bullitt
haven't maxed in awhile.. i will pull again sunday at eric's

pulled 675 for a double at 264 awhile back and pulled 805 for a double on the trap bar this year... got a video of it somewhere. I'll see if i can find it....

Seriously strong work bro!

605# @ 220# bodyweight while at Sorinex Summer Strong II. I think 3x bodyweight is possible for me.

video:

Edited by ADurniat