Metroplex Mayhem At Metroflex Ii

Paul Knight

wanna start a competitors list:

Eric Milfeld

Rex Hubbard

Casey Emery

Ryan Johnson

Paul Knight

PM me if you are coming for sure and I'll add you .. I know there were a couple more inquiries, but didn't sound defenite so I didn't add you yet.

There are a lot more local guys that'll prolly compete, but I wanna talk to them first. let me know

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Knight

• huntca

• Sher

• mwhities

scratch

Edited by Paul Knight

• 2 months later...

Paul, any more thoughts or ideas on this? I know it is still a couple months out, but with the holidays coming up people may want to start putting some money back and planning the trip. Hopefully you guys are still interested. I am.

Looks like the date will be the 23rd of Jan. 2010 .... I still need to confirm though so don't go buy plane tickets or do anything crazy just yet, I hope to have a firm date by the end of the week

Eric and I spoke a bit about the events ... we have decided to do a large medley still, but not for the whole damn contest ...

we are going to keep things simple and stick with what everyone knows and typically trains for with no silly suprises. Starting after this comp in Jan, I would also like to keep all the Metroplex Mayhem comps the same, so that all the competitors know what to expect each year and can train in advance. Eric and I figured with the Show of Hands Grip Cup around the corner, Eric can get creative with the events to satisfy the need for a little bit of change now and then. below are the events.

#1. 2HP

#2. Grippers

#3. Axle DL

#4. Big Ass Medley

That's it .... any questions?

Count me in IF you have an arm wrestling type event.

This way I don't come in last place at everything. :D

If nothing else I'll come and take pics.

Thank you no bending.

yeah ... now that Eric is doing the Steel Slayer Showdown, we all can get our bending fix .... plus I think Eric may be doing some bending in the next SOHGC too.

I don't think anyone can argue with these events .... they seem to be the most popular.

I've got a powerlifting meet at the end of Jan. Will have to miss this one.

-Rex

get your priorities straight

Any hand size classes or anything like that?

yes ... Jedd size hands will be a class ... all others will be the other class

Any hand size classes or anything like that?

yes ... Jedd size hands will be a class ... all others will be the other class

:laugh I second that idea. :tongue

Talked to Rendy at Metroflex .. we're on for either the 23rd or 30th of Jan ... still not set in stone on the date, but will be either of those days looks like.

The comp will be held at the new Metroflex in FTW ... it's much bigger and nicer ... we'll have more room to stretch out and relax between events.

still would like to know who's interested so that I may plan, so gimme some feedback porfavor.

Me, Shane and Cody are coming.

If any one wants to back out now, I understand. :D

Where's FTW location?

Edited by Mighty Joe

I'm planning to be there shooting for PRs (and next to last place if it's all guys). :)

Paul,

Confirm a date so I can. The 24th is my birthday, so I will expect birthday gifts if it's the 23rd or 30th. :)

Is there a sub I could do for the 2HP? Maybe a percentage weight of the 2HP with one hand?

I'll need a bed (I am calling dibs) or a roommate (hotel) if I miss the bed at Paul's...

Michael

I am planning on coming.

Sherrie - I want more ribs. :tongue

Cool, Chris! (I figured you'd try to be there.)

Did I mention Dad cooked more this past week? :whistel

I am planning on coming.

The way this sounds, I might just come for the ribs.... and do the comp just cause I'm there. :)

Michael

I am planning on coming.

Anybody know of any good jobs in the DFW area? :help

I'm moving in with Sherrie. :mosher:tongue

Paul,

Confirm a date so I can. The 24th is my birthday, so I will expect birthday gifts if it's the 23rd or 30th. :)

Is there a sub I could do for the 2HP? Maybe a percentage weight of the 2HP with one hand?

I'll need a bed (I am calling dibs) or a roommate (hotel) if I miss the bed at Paul's...

Michael

If you don't mind the ruckus of the zoo we live in (a gazillion critters and kids that stay up all night) you can stay here. We always have beer, as an added bonus.

Paul,

Michael

If you don't mind the ruckus of the zoo we live in (a gazillion critters and kids that stay up all night) you can stay here. We always have beer, as an added bonus.

The only downside, Michael, is that if you even fart too loudly, the HOA will fine you.

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

I am planning on coming.

The way this sounds, I might just come for the ribs.... and do the comp just cause I'm there. :)

Michael

Ha! Chris'll be moving in soon apparently - guess you'll need to talk to him about leftovers... ;)

Paul,

Michael

The only downside, Michael, is that if you even fart too loudly, the HOA will fine you.

-Rex

Eric,

Thanks, I might have to take you up on it. :) Ok, you got me at beer. ;)

Rex,

Thanks for the heads up, ribs and beer usually makes me gassy.. we'll see. :)

Michael

I am planning on coming.

Michael

Ha! Chris'll be moving in soon apparently - guess you'll need to talk to him about leftovers... ;)

hehe I'm sure he will share... right... Chris? ;)

Michael