Lift At Jedd's

Jedd Johnson

So who all will be at Jedd's this weekend?

Goody and I will be there for sure.

I'll be there.

Brent

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• Magnus

• barbe705

• rico300zx

Guest Bullitt
So who all will be at Jedd's this weekend?

Goody and I will be there for sure.

We've got you, Bobby, Brent, John and me...is Rick still gonna be there?

Sweet. I still have a chance for a top 10 finish! :D:dry

No Rick. He is not interested in competing.

I just charted out the pinch calibrated lifts from 138.0188 to 273.9563 lbs with roughly 5 lb jumps each time.

I have grippers from the BBSM to the COC #4 rated from like 127 lbs to 209 lbs for the grippers. All thanks to Climber.

I'm not worrying too much about the calibration of the 2-inch v-bar, since I don't think John requires it. I haven't had time to get an exact weight of my 2-inch v-bar and yesterday doesn't look too much easier to fit it in than the rest of the week.

Let me know if anybody has questions. jedd.diesel@gmail.com

does anybody have a gripper that's about 160 pounds to close that they would be willing to sell/trade/loan? something in the neighborhood of an elite would be good, I think.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow !

Thanks Sam! Gonna be a blast! Hittin the road to get Goody at 4AM. :sleep

I'll still be at work at 4am and won't leave work until 7am :(

Have a great time fellas. Not interested in competing myself...got some other stuff going on plus my grip is not much stronger then my 2 year old right now!

You guys getting up at 4 am to travel reminds me of the Saxonburg Strength Fest many moons ago. Jedd stayed at my house the night before and we hit some grip and I DRANK a LOT of beer. The next morning we were up at like 5 to hit the road and Jedd never thought I would make it. I made it...I was still drunk the next morning but I made it. Jedd had a decent day and by the end, I was at least not drunk anymore! LOL!

Have a great time fellas. Not interested in competing myself...got some other stuff going on plus my grip is not much stronger then my 2 year old right now!

You guys getting up at 4 am to travel reminds me of the Saxonburg Strength Fest many moons ago. Jedd stayed at my house the night before and we hit some grip and I DRANK a LOT of beer. The next morning we were up at like 5 to hit the road and Jedd never thought I would make it. I made it...I was still drunk the next morning but I made it. Jedd had a decent day and by the end, I was at least not drunk anymore! LOL!

Heh, that reminds me of about 25% of my life. I swear, for several years I thought I had some sickness of the mind that caused me to drink large amounts of alcohol the night before days on which I had to wake up very early. Trans-Atlantic flights. Sporting events. Cross-country trips. Standardized tests. It was a phase, I guess, because I can't for the life of me sympathzie with my old ways and sometimes wonder if it was all due to some hormone imbalance that gradually corrected itself. Even as I write this, I'm drinking, and Paul Knight wants me to wake up tomorrow at 8 AM to be in Shreveport at noon. I guess it never did correct itself.

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

Heh, that reminds me of about 25% of my life. I swear, for several years I thought I had some sickness of the mind that caused me to drink large amounts of alcohol the night before days on which I had to wake up very early. Trans-Atlantic flights. Sporting events. Cross-country trips. Standardized tests. It was a phase, I guess, because I can't for the life of me sympathzie with my old ways and sometimes wonder if it was all due to some hormone imbalance that gradually corrected itself. Even as I write this, I'm drinking, and Paul Knight wants me to wake up tomorrow at 8 AM to be in Shreveport at noon. I guess it never did correct itself.

-Rex

go to bed! you got a long drive in the morn .... better not be late!

Guest Bullitt

Wow. Left at 3:50AM and just got home. What a day! I'm sure there will be a good write up from somebody who has the final scores. After 11 hours in the car round trip, I'll try and give you a quick run down of how I did and what I can remember of the rest. Everybody there needed to finish top 3 or get 3 qualifying lifts out of the 4 opportunities to qualify for GGC. Qualifiers were: #3 close, 2HP 170#, pull 200# on the 2" vbar, pull 300# on axle.

This was my first contest ever and I had a blast. Jedd was great for getting this all set up.

Grippers:

I think Jedd won this one. Not sure where everyone else placed other than Brent Barbe and I tied for last with a 151lb #3. I made a rookie contest mistake. Not that it would have made a difference in the final standings but I should have closed something bigger here. I closed the 151 right off the bat to make sure I got my qualifying close in. I should have then closed the next gripper in line, which was an easy BBE at 161# but since I had my qualifier, I jumped to a 169# SE adjustable. Set was a bit wide and I barely missed it. Should have then dropped back and got the 161, but no, had to try the 168# Elite. Missed that one as well. On 4th attempt dropped back to 161 and it slipped back in my palm and just missed that. Had I saved an attempt in case of a mishap like that I would have gotten it, but I got my qualifier and I was happy.

2HP:

Jedd is a beast! Period. His last two lifts were for a new American record at 248# I believe. Just missed them. I think the order after that was Eaton, Barbe, Goody & Frank tied, and I brought up the rear again. However, I was still really happy because I had never done a 2HP in my life before today and I pulled 173#, which was good for my second qualifying lift.

2" vbar:

Another piece of equipment I was trying for my first time. I think Jedd and Brent tied on this with me actually not coming in last and tying Eaton for 3rd. Goody and Frank tied for 4th. Everybody got qualifying lifts, which meant Frank, Goody and I had qualified for GGC!!! I was very happy with my pull of 240#. Thrilled would be more like it.

300# axle for reps: The 3rd piece of equipment I had never touched in my life. :laugh I think Jedd won this with Frank 2nd, Eaton 3rd, Barbe 4th, Goody 5th, and the old man bringing up the rear again with 1 rep. :blush At this point it wasn't so much a grip thing as my back had tightened and I just couldn't pull it. But, I pulled 300 for my first ever attempt on an axle and I was pretty darn happy.

Medley:

This was a blast. Jedd put together a great medley that ranged in difficulty from a very easy anvil lift up to the inch. There was a little bit of everything in it. Jedd got 16 of the 17 implements, just failing on one of the hubs. I think Goody and Eaton tied for 2nd but not sure. Then I think it was Barbe 4th, Frank 5th and me bringing up the rear with 7 implements lifted. I did pull 5 dimes, which was a first for me. Jedd was the only one to pull the inch. He did it convincingly. :rock

I didn't hear what the final order was, but I know Jedd came first and I came last. There were all kind of great feats done at the end. Goody got a double hub and a double blob as did Brent Barbe. Eaton tore them up as usual. I think Frank got a double blob as well. I had a good time messing with the inch. Pulling it with a finger on the side and holding it for a bit with each hand. The highlight was Jedd pinching half a 120# hex block weight. That thing was HUGE and SLICK.

One of the best times I have had in a long time. Big thanks again to Jedd and big thanks to everyone who gave me advice and help before the contest. Climber, Ryan, Sam, Mobster, and Ben (may have forgotten someone, but I'm old and tired). Everyone at the contest was willing to help this newbie too, which was awesome!

Jedd killed it.

Eaton, for being up 36 hours straight did incredible

I meant Brent for the first time today and was blown away by how strong this guys pinch grip is. I am a little P.O.d that he tied me in grippers... :angry:;)

Goody made a few tactical errors on some of the events, but learned a ton from his first contest and will be a force going forward.

Frank is, well... a tank. Very strong. If he could just keep himself from gripping and lifting and doing RT pullups before every event, he will improve rapidly.

Me: Last but very satisfied!

Got the skinny from Brent on the phone earlier - sounds like it was a badass comp with a lot of big lifts ... can't wait for the write up and vids! Congrats to everyone!