Lift At Jedd's

Jedd Johnson

Hopefully some of you got the chance to catch our live UStream Feed yesterday from my Garage Gym here in PA. The gym’s been finished since April, but we haven’t been able to schedule anything where all the guys could make it down until now.

Smitty, Eli, Brad and Brian all made it down. Also Joe Hashey and his brother Pat came down.

We started our squats about 9:30. Even early in the morning it was already hot in the garage. Eli went through like a half dozen shirts I think. We squatted outside the cage with spotters. It was nice having people there to spot me. It gave me more confidence considering the back tweaks I have been having. I actually loaded the bar up to 315 to feel the weight again. We did an intermediate stance, not narrow high bars, but not wide sumo stance with the bar lower either. It was in the middle and felt pretty good.

Next thing we went into were shrug bar deadlifts. This was our heavy pull for the day because later on we did Double Overhand axle deadlift later on for a grip emphasis. Pat managed to get 365 to his knee on the axle. Pretty awesome. Joe and Pat could be really good at grip I think if they had the equipment and time to dedicate to getting good.

After some pull-ups, we tried some Inch Dumbbell Push Press. Eli got several singles, and I think a double once. Brad hit like 3 or 4 reps in a row, re-setting his grip in between reps.

We mixed in hub lifting and log pressing.

The fellas had to take off by noon. They car-pooled down and Smitty had to be back home by one.

But the day wasn’t over yet. I had a whole other workout ahead of me.

Brent Barbe, John Eaton and Frank Snyder all came down for a grip workout. I took a break and ate burgers and salad but then got into a full-blown 3-hr workout with these gripaholics starting around 2 PM.

We hit a ton of Grippers. CoC’s, Beef Builders, Tettings, etc. What was awesome was trying the new Fat Bastard Barbell Grippers with no knurling. Brent had a whole set of them. Frank and I closed the 4X FBBC gripper.

Frank is 18 years old and has a better crush than me. He closed a couple of 3.5’s I couldn’t manage to shut. He only lives about an hour away so we are going to try to line up some more training sessions.

We did some blob lifting, 5-tens, 2-inch vertical bar, 45-lb hub lifts, 3-25’s, and a ton of other stuff. My hands are fried. I hope these guys can make it up for another workout soon. I am stoked.

I got video of everything. I will go through it and post some of the stuff, hopefully this week if not this afternoon, since it is pouring out.

Unfortunately, we had trouble getting the UStream to work, but we eventually got it during the lower body workout. I hope that it didn’t turn too many of you away. About a half hour into getting it going, I checked the status on another laptop and we only had 3 viewers, which is pretty low compared to the 20+ viewers we’ve had in the past.

Videos will be forth coming. Here's the link to see them: http://www.dieselcrew.com/awesome-day-here...-gym-yesterday/

-Jedd-

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• Magnus

• barbe705

• rico300zx

Nice report Jedd! Sounds like you had a monster workout! Good job to the other guys that showed up and worked out with you too!

I love the fact that you did grip for 3 hours and "real lifting" for 1....stay true to the cause :rock

Strong lifting guys, John gave me a rundown, sounded like lots of good times!

Rico

I had a blast...can't wait to get back up there. Unbelievably cool place.

Rico, get yourself up there next time!

thanks for sharing jedd - diesel crew got me into grip a few years back

If anybody else is interested, the video of the grip stuff is going to be ready in just a little bit.

Here's the link: http://www.dieselcrew.com/awesome-day-here...rday/#more-2511

Rico, hopefully you can make it up next time. You two, Bullitt and Goody!

I had a blast...can't wait to get back up there. Unbelievably cool place.

You live an hour from Jedd and only just got there? Are you insane? Get down there every weekend for the next...EVER! You'll break every grip goal on earth!

Grip video is added to the bottom of the post!

Looks fun Dude :rock:rock:rock

Awesome stuff guys! I'd love to train there with you all in the near future!

BTW Frank - Great job with the 50 lb. Blob! :rock

Guest Bullitt
If anybody else is interested, the video of the grip stuff is going to be ready in just a little bit.

I'm in. Next weekend sound good? :laugh Seriously Jedd. Anytime you are having one of these griptogethers, I would love to come up. Goody and I can split the gas. Best way to learn is from guys who are better than you and I need to learn!

Anyone that is within a few hours drive is missing out if they don't come out to Jedd's. He has all the grip toys, assorted strongman equipment, a great new garage gym, not to mention Jedd being a strong guy and gracious host

Jedd plans to have more grip get together weekends. So stay tuned.

Anyone that is within a few hours drive is missing out if they don't come out to Jedd's. He has all the grip toys, assorted strongman equipment, a great new garage gym, not to mention Jedd being a strong guy and gracious host

It would be a decent drive for me being from Ohio, but I would really like to actually meet and train with some of you guys. I think it would help out my training loads if I could get around some people that actually know what they are doing.

It would be a decent drive for me being from Ohio, but I would really like to actually meet and train with some of you guys. I think it would help out my training loads if I could get around some people that actually know what they are doing.

You could get a hold of Chris Rice(Climber511) right in south central Ohio and learn from the best in Ohio :D

You could get a hold of Chris Rice(Climber511) right in south central Ohio and learn from the best in Ohio :D

I will definitely give it a chance, Thanks for the info!!

Dude...I'm sad I missed this. I wish I was there for this workout! I can't wait to get back up to your place, Jedd!

Eaton is on the money - anybody who's within a few hours drive and doesn't come to these is really missing out. I've trained with Jedd and Eaton and they've got a wealth of knowledge and are more than willing to share their tips. Not to mention the assortment of strength and grip toys between them (that alone is enough to blow your mind)!

Next time for sure.

Jedd I think ill be able to come for a visit in 3 weeks from now, I'm taking an excelled anatomy class and its killing me. And before that it was excelled microbiology. All I do is study, I have lost so much. Over this summer so ill have to work twice as hard to get it back this fall and winter. Id really like to see your place and meet you and John and Frank and the rest of the D-crew.

Rico

Jedd I think ill be able to come for a visit in 3 weeks from now, I'm taking an excelled anatomy class and its killing me. And before that it was excelled microbiology. All I do is study, I have lost so much. Over this summer so ill have to work twice as hard to get it back this fall and winter. Id really like to see your place and meet you and John and Frank and the rest of the D-crew.

Rico

You could also get ahold of that weirdo in Southeast MI, near Toledo, OH. I hear he's a nice gent. >me<

Edited by MalachiMcMullen