The Steel Slayer Showdown

EricMilfeld

I'm about to crash after a night of partying with the guys, but here's some quick results:

Lightweight

1) Eric Milfeld

2) Greg Griffin

3) Alex Graves

Heavyweight

1) Paul Knight

2) Mike Krahling

3) Brad Manion

Best Overall Bender: Eric Milfeld

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• Paul Knight

• huntca

• jpmmkrahling

I'm about to crash after a night of partying with the guys, but here's some quick results:

Lightweight

1) Eric Milfeld

2) Greg Griffin

3) Alex Graves

Heavyweight

1) Paul Knight

2) Mike Krahling

3) Brad Manion

Best Overall Bender: Eric Milfeld

Awesome job guys!!! Can't wait to see what was bent! :rock

Any updates?!?!?!?!? Hope there were no injuries and good times all around.

I was just wondering the same thing, there must be some big news by now. I'm sure the steel slayer list has filled up today. Maybe everyone's too drunk to post anything at this point?

That

I was just wondering the same thing, there must be some big news by now. I'm sure the steel slayer list has filled up today. Maybe everyone's too drunk to post anything at this point?

That

or hungover. . .

That

or hungover. . .

:laugh I saw the time on Eric's post this morning... :bow

We'll i just got home from the comp. I'm still sore and about to pass out but it was well worth it. I wanted to thank Eric and his family for hosting the comp and Paul and his family for hosting the after party.

I wanted to congradulate Paul and Eric. As everyone will see (when they post the actual bends) they both dominated their weight classes.

It was great to meet everyone, compete and set some pr's. There were no major injuries, just some skin ripping off and some bruises but everyone made it. It was great have a chance to bend with so many great competitors. It really brings the best out in everyone.

I would assume Eric will have some more info soon, but he was up really late last night and then had to work this morning. I'm sure he is still recovering for now.

And yes the Steel Slayer list will have some new people, and some increased numbers from some people already on the list.

Edited by Mike K

Eric, do you think you'll be hosting this contest with the same events next year?

Yes! Can I add the name of Ben Edwards to the roster? :D

Eric, do you think you'll be hosting this contest with the same events next year?

Remember, if you don't do at least one contest a year that involves bending, you're nothing but an old time strongman.

-Rex

Remember, if you don't do at least one contest a year that involves bending, you're nothing but an old time strongman.

-Rex

That's just wrong... and funny. Don't make me spit my dinner on the computer monitor, Rex.

I am just starting to feel normal again. . :whacked . . I'll start uplaoding vids tonight when I get home.

Haha, wish I could tell you yes. But my passion is no longer bending. In fact, I haven't done any bending for a while. I'm still excited to see other guys bending though and I like to encourage a few of my buddies and a few I'm helping with their training. If I get under 200lbs in time for my USAWA contest in February, I'll be a lot more likely to start bending again. Then I could enter the lightweight class at your contest. Course I'd still have the hurdles of not ever training horseshoes and the insurmountable hurdle of reverse bending tweaking an old injury. You know me though - if I get the urge to bend again I'll compete even if I'm giving up points by reversing a White Nail and bending an aluminum horseshoe. :D I still want to make it down your way for an actual grip contest before I disappear off the map completely anyway. 2010 might be the year. Course I've been saying that every year. :blush

Haha, wish I could tell you yes. But my passion is no longer bending. In fact, I haven't done any bending for a while. I'm still excited to see other guys bending though and I like to encourage a few of my buddies and a few I'm helping with their training. If I get under 200lbs in time for my USAWA contest in February, I'll be a lot more likely to start bending again. Then I could enter the lightweight class at your contest. Course I'd still have the hurdles of not ever training horseshoes and the insurmountable hurdle of reverse bending tweaking an old injury. You know me though - if I get the urge to bend again I'll compete even if I'm giving up points by reversing a White Nail and bending an aluminum horseshoe. :D I still want to make it down your way for an actual grip contest before I disappear off the map completely anyway. 2010 might be the year. Course I've been saying that every year. :blush

Well, my garage door is always open, Ben. :)