The Steel Slayer Showdown

EricMilfeld

Is it Saturday yet?!?!?! :( This has been a LONG week! I am ready to witness some Steel Slaying!!! :rock

Must be feeling better then! :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• Paul Knight

• huntca

• jpmmkrahling

Is it Saturday yet?!?!?! :( This has been a LONG week! I am ready to witness some Steel Slaying!!! :rock

Yea. I kind of "willed" myself to feel better. :) I knew I would be kicking myself for months to come if I didn't make it. You gonna be there?

I hear ya, this week will not end !!!!! I need to bend some steel, i'm going thru with drawls

I hear ya, this week will not end !!!!! I need to bend some steel, i'm going thru with drawls

Yea man. I am looking forward to meeting everybody. That is, all you real steel slayers. :rock I am pretty sure Paul is gonna try to talk me into competing. But, I am pretty sure I don't want to embarass my self. :blush

If any of you local guys have a chair or two you could bring that would be great. I'm down to only two fold-outs.

Eric, I have, I think, 4 fold-out card table chairs. However, I don't know if Paul will have room in his vehicular automotive.....dang lady-car! :D

If any of you local guys have a chair or two you could bring that would be great. I'm down to only two fold-outs.

We could always pay some immigrants to serve as human chairs.

-Rex

We could always pay some immigrants to serve as human chairs.

-Rex

Rex - If the whole grip/powerlifter/strongman/all around beast thing doesn't work out, you could easily make a living as a stand-up comic. Nothing but one-liners.

Now, be careful your head doesn't swell to an even more abnormally large size. :D

Eric, I have, I think, 4 fold-out card table chairs. However, I don't know if Paul will have room in his vehicular automotive.....dang lady-car! :D

oh snap!

if you don't want to ride in the lady car you can walk :laugh

Eric, remind me and I'll round up some chair .... but I won't be sitting, I'll be cruching down some steel! :devil

and the trash talk begins ...

Yea. I kind of "willed" myself to feel better. :) I knew I would be kicking myself for months to come if I didn't make it. You gonna be there?

Sure thing! I don't bend but I'm well-qualified as a spectator... :D And, you should reconsider competing! It definitely will be a good experience.

Edited by xengym

Sure thing! I don't bend but I'm well-qualified as a spectator... :D And, you should reconsider competing! It definitely will be a good experience.

Chris is competing

Chris is competing

Well, then. There ya go. :laugh

Chris is competing

Must mean Paul's paying my entry fee. :D

Chris is competing

Must mean Paul's paying my entry fee. :D

that the only thing holding you back?

Chris is competing

Alright! Chris, what's your last name?

Rex, I think the most cost effective thing to do would be using non-competitors as human chairs. You sure you don't want to reconsider competing?

Added to the reverse supply is a 5.5" grade 5 that hits 410 at 6 1/16". That's a pretty tough 1/4" grade 5.

No Paul. The main thing that is holding me back is the fact that what most of the competitors warm-up with for reverse will be what I struggle with DO. Also, I have never bent a horseshoe or even attempted to brace bend anything.

I am going to be there merely for my startling good-looks, boyish-charm, positive attitude, pleasing personality and to offer kind words of encouragement and icy glasses of kool-aid.

Who am I kidding? Chris Hunt - 40$ will be paid to you by this time tomorrow Mr. Milfeld! :rock

Edited by huntca

No Paul. The main thing that is holding me back is the fact that what most of the competitors warm-up with for reverse will be what I struggle with DO. Also, I have never bent a horseshoe or even attempted to brace bend anything.

I am going to be there merely for my startling good-looks, boyish-charm, positive attitude, pleasing personality and to offer kind words of encouragement and icy glasses of kool-aid.

Who am I kidding? Chris Hunt - 40$ will be paid to you by this time tomorrow Mr. Milfeld! :rock

:D That's the spirit! You won't regret your decision.

What's your approximate bodyweight, Chris?

Eric, i realized yesterday that I actually have to work from 8 to 4 on Saturday anyway. I think I gave you 20 of the 40 dollar entry fee. I'll get that back from you some time later.

-Rex

Awesome! You will learn a ton buddy!

Eric, i realized yesterday that I actually have to work from 8 to 4 on Saturday anyway. I think I gave you 20 of the 40 dollar entry fee. I'll get that back from you some time later.

-Rex

Your earnest money has been spent already !! :D

Any updates?!?!?!?!? Hope there were no injuries and good times all around.

I was just wondering the same thing, there must be some big news by now. I'm sure the steel slayer list has filled up today. Maybe everyone's too drunk to post anything at this point?

Yeah, I want to see the results and how far down the 6" list I got pushed. :laugh