The Steel Slayer Showdown

EricMilfeld

I've added a few more pieces of steel to the list, including 5.5" grade 8 for the reverse event. I'm making an exception here by going shorter than 6". Also added is 5/16" 1018 steel that hits 490 for the freestyle, and some 5/16" CRS that hits 550 for the reverse. I still have a few more gaps to bridge with the entry deadline just a few more days away. Guys, I could really use your entry fees to get the trophies and the rest of the steel purchased.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• Paul Knight

• huntca

• jpmmkrahling

We pretty much have the full collection of bending stock now. I might try and bridge the braced bending gap between 265 and 455. :whistel

We have another sponsor! Deathgrip is sponsoring us. Thank you, Weldon!

Added to the stash is some 365 pound 1018 for the big gap in the braced event.

I'm wanting to go for the Bastard In Every Way cert after the contest.

The problem is I don't own any Bastards and neither does Eric.

If you are coming to the contest and have 7" Bastard stock, and you are willing to trade some of it for Red Nails, please bring the stock and I will trade you at the contest.

Thanks

-Rex

I'm wanting to go for the Bastard In Every Way cert after the contest.

The problem is I don't own any Bastards and neither does Eric.

If you are coming to the contest and have 7" Bastard stock, and you are willing to trade some of it for Red Nails, please bring the stock and I will trade you at the contest.

Thanks

-Rex

How many 7" Bastards do you need?

Hey Mike, 3 would be great.

-Rex

I'll save you 3 and bring them with me, unless you want me to mail them to you. Just let me know.

BTW .. if you are coming from outta town and you wanna save $ on hotel expenses, my door is open, just shoot me a PM

BTW .. if you are coming from outta town and you wanna save $ on hotel expenses, my door is open, just shoot me a PM

Do not fall for this trap. Paul will ask you to blow up an air mattress with a hand pump. Finishing the job will ensure that you will have no strength left for the comp the next day. If you must take him up on this, arrive two days before, inflate it that night, so you can rest, recover, and carb load the next night.

-Rex

Do not fall for this trap. Paul will ask you to blow up an air mattress with a hand pump. Finishing the job will ensure that you will have no strength left for the comp the next day. If you must take him up on this, arrive two days before, inflate it that night, so you can rest, recover, and carb load the next night.

-Rex

haha - I actually have a spare bed, but if I think you may be a threat .... air matress it is

I've added two more options for the steel supply: 5/16" stainless for reverse hitting 595lb. and 5/16 x 7 3/16" grade 5 bolts hitting 555lb.

Guys, I've got bad news. Last week I bought us a variety case of Shiner beer for the contest (after contest party, Rex :D ). Well, tonight I caught Sandy creeping out of the laundry room with two bottles in her hand! She was chastised severely. I do intend to replace the lost brew, but must find a hiding place in the meantime. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Guys, I've got bad news. Last week I bought us a variety case of Shiner beer for the contest (after contest party, Rex :D ). Well, tonight I caught Sandy creeping out of the laundry room with two bottles in her hand! She was chastised severely. I do intend to replace the lost brew, but must find a hiding place in the meantime. I'll keep ya'll updated.

:cry:cry

Eric! we are all counting on you to put on a good contest ... people are coming in from out of town ... we expect you to keep closer watch in order to ensure that you meet all the competitors satisfaction ... do not let this happen again.

and yes .. please keep us updated daily on this matter

She was chastised but you still have to replace the bottles?? [she must have had a grip of steel on that beer! :rock;) ]

Eric,

Are the horse shoes for the comp listed from easiest to hardest? Because it took everything for me to get a St Croix Lite 2 to 135 degrees. So i will be lucky to get the #1 lite. And have no chance at the bronco's. I'm just trying to figure out where i stand?

And protect that beer, it starts at 2 then a 6 pack will be gone, and before you know it we will be drinking cool aid after the comp. :D

Edited by Mike K

Eric,

Are the horse shoes for the comp listed from easiest to hardest? Because it took everything for me to get a St Croix Lite 2 to 135 degrees. So i will be lucky to get the #1 lite. And have no chance at the bronco's. I'm just trying to figure out where i stand?

And protect that beer, it starts at 2 then a 6 pack will be gone, and before you know it we will be drinking cool aid after the comp. :D

IMO a lite #1 is harder

Yes, they are listed from easiest to hardest. But keep in mind that these shoes can vary a lot. I personally tested all the contest batches. You might be pleasantly surprised to find these ones are easier than you suspect. I hope. LOL!

Sherrie, I'm not man enough to try and stop Sandy when she's taking what she wants.

...Sherrie, I'm not man enough to try and stop Sandy when she's taking what she wants.

:laugh;)

Less than 2 weeks to go :blink Getting excited. :D

me too :rock:rock:rock

Me three!

Added to the stock is a 510 Bastard, thanks to Greg Griffin's generosity.

John Beatty (FBBC) also sent some free stock to close a gap ... Thanks John for all your help as usual!