Animalcage Training Log

AnimalCage

Yesterday

Trainer - 2 sets - 5 second timed holds - 5 reps r,l

Today

Reps to failure, sets of 10, between sets - switching hands and a 10 second rest

R - 58, L - 89

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnimalCage

• Jonathan McMillan

• bencrush

• gerryg

3 days to the #1. Chomping at the bit. Went back through my log, took some time and read slowly. I'm looking to set some goals for myself, and to get an idea of where I stand compared to past successes. The PR list is this:

Trainer: 55 r, 59 l

#1: 35 r, 27 l

#2: 21r, 17l

##2: 9 r, 4 l

343: 1 rep

#3: 1/8th away

The #2 is a single stamped, and ##2 is double stamped. I gave the #2 to my brother last year. He can close it for a few reps, but no interest in developing gripper strength. He loves his heavy iron.

Yesterday I did 53 reps righty with T. Almost back to PR there. Lefty has some improving to do.

Today:

Trainer - 52 r, 20 l

I was distracted during my left reps. It was dark, there were people walking along the side of the road, oncoming traffic. I could get arrested for DWG.....

Good to see you almost to the #1 again. Very impressive that you're able to limit yourself to the Trainer right now. That would take WAY too much willpower for most of us!

Kill those goals!

I also haven't forgotten about my bending package offer to you. Figured the broken collar bone would make that just a bit painful. :tongue So when you heal up, let me know! I'll send it out! We'll make a Grade 5 and above bender out of you in no time flat. :rock

am warmup

Trainer - 5 sets, 10 second holds - R, L

pm workout

Trainer - 5 sets, 10 second holds - R, L

Note: During the holds, I found my thumb "holding" my index finger. I suppose I've been doing this all along, and just didn't realize it. When I took my thumb out of the equation, the hold became more difficult. Good! I will be doing thumbless holds from now on.

am warmup

T, 5 sec hold x 5, R, L

afternoon workout

Welcome to the #1!

R - 10 sec hold x 5

L - 10 sec hold x 4, rep 5 was 4 secs, last 6 secs a negative.

Sort of anti-climatic. I'll save my anticipation for September 12 and the #2.

Sunday - rest

Monday

am warmup - #T TH - R 5, 5, 5, 5, 5; L 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Tuesday

afternoon - #1 TH - R 10, 10, 10, 10, 10; L 10, 10, 10, 8, 6

Wednesday

afternoon - #1 TH - R 5, 5, 5, 5, 5; L 5, 5, 5, 5, 5*

*TH = Timed Hold

*R 5, 5, 4 = Right hand 5 secs, 5 secs, 4secs

I keep changing my notation, but I gotta find something that works for me. Lefty failed last two sets on Tuesday. Dropped time to 5 secs today. Its somewhere in between. So I'll go back up to 10 secs. I'm having trouble no setting my left hand, but that's what practice is for.

Love your dedication and commitment!

I appreciate that Paul. Great to see your excellent progress!

Today:

afternoon - #1 TH - R 10, 10, 10, 10, 10; L 10, 10, 10, 10, 0

Sick all weekend, raging fever and all.

Tuesday

am - warmup

noon - max rep attempt #1 - R 27, L 17

Yesterday

am - warmup

evening - Demonstrated #2

R - a few timed holds approx 3 secs.

L - sad attempt to close, an almost close

First touch on #2, disappointed the L wouldn't close. Disappointed, but that is where I am, so I set my goals back a bit. Will try to not touch the #2 again until I'm supposed to in two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Since being sick, I have felt a bit weak. Could be the rapid weight loss, but I would think two weeks and things would be better. It could also be the two months of no real exercise due to the broken collarbone. It is back at full strength, now I'm struggling to start back in getting strong again. I hate feeling weak. Workouts have been uninspiring, Trainer and #1, the usual. Of course, my schedule from now to December only gets much worse, but I'm hedging my bets on January to see a real change in life. So until then, I'll grip, rehab my shoulder, do core stuff, and post when I can.

Thanks Paul. I guess I sounded pretty whiny, but that was how I felt that day, mostly frustration. The next day, I felt completely dominant over the #1 lefty. Go figure. Just did 2 pullups. First time in 8 weeks. That felt GREAT! Righty feels ready for the #2 workouts, Lefty probably still needs some work. Yes, it is all getting better.