Andy Bolton Pulls 1008

MalachiMcMullen

I've always had it in my head that Konstantinovs was better than Bolton. I think he will get to 1k if he pulls 950+ this year and he'll do it weighing a solid 60lbs lighter than Andy.

I just don't think you can unequivocally say that either Andy or KK is better.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Natural

• mobsterone

• MalachiMcMullen

• twig

Just to throw a little gas on the fire...

Konstantinovs is a better deadlifter than Bolton.

-Rex

Not until he lifts more than Bolton he isn't. Unless you are a (near) 300lber talking lb-4-lb!

946 @ 270ish, soon to be 960+ @ same BW. Done on an IPF approved bar, not a DL bar like Bolton used for the 1008. He's the only 275er to get near 950, I believe. Also, Konstantinovs has to improve his DL without going up in BW, as he is in a restricted weight class. Bolton can go up in weight as much as he wants. So this is another thing that is more impressive about Konstantinovs. He can't afford to have any water retention that comes with using some of the more potent "goodies".

Not taking anything away from Bolton. Just stirring up the shit.

-Rex

Creatine?

-Rex

Not until he lifts more than Bolton he isn't. Unless you are a (near) 300lber talking lb-4-lb!

946 @ 270ish, soon to be 960+ @ same BW. Done on an IPF approved bar, not a DL bar like Bolton used for the 1008. He's the only 275er to get near 950, I believe. Also, Konstantinovs has to improve his DL without going up in BW, as he is in a restricted weight class. Bolton can go up in weight as much as he wants. So this is another thing that is more impressive about Konstantinovs. He can't afford to have any water retention that comes with using some of the more potent "goodies".

-Rex

Creatine?

Celltech silly goose.

Konstantinov is an absolutely awesome deadlifter and my favourite to watch but....... Andy Bolton has just proved he is the best there has ever been.... mind boggling! :blink

If he's better than Andy because he can do it at a lighter weight, why doesn't he just pork out like Andy and go crush his record?

If he's better than Andy because he can do it at a lighter weight, why doesn't he just pork out like Andy and go crush his record?

Who can say?

Maybe he wants to set records that will last the longest, which remaining in the 275 class would let him do.

Maybe that girl he's been seen with likes to rub his six pack during sex, and so he stays lean for her sake.

Maybe he wishes to avoid hypertension.

There are so many possibilities.

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

the best deadlifter in the wolrd is A N D Y B O L T O N

who has pulled the most?

who is the only man to pull over 1000 lbs?

i think to myself too that that dude Konstantinov would easily pull 1000 lbs if he was boltons weight. theirs nothing stopping him doing that. but he knows its not that simple. it may take years to increase your deadlift by just a little bit when pulling that much weight. its taken bolton 2 years plus to increease his record by just 5 lbs! but most other times he does after heavy benching and squatting. they are both fantastic pullers butregradless of weight, its the person who pulls the most!

who has pulled the most?

i think to myself too that that dude Konstantinov would easily pull 1000 lbs if he was boltons weight. theirs nothing stopping him doing that. but he knows its not that simple. it may take years to increase your deadlift by just a little bit when pulling that much weight. its taken bolton 2 years plus to increease his record by just 5 lbs! but most other times he does after heavy benching and squatting. they are both fantastic pullers butregradless of weight, its the person who pulls the most!

If John pulls 900 at a bodyweight of 220 (someone like Coan), and Jeff pulls 901 at a bodyweight of 350, it seems you're committed to saying that Jeff is the better deadlifter. This seems to be a clear flaw of the crude absolutist approach. Bodyweight formuals are biased in favor of the really small guys, but here we're not asking whether a 132's 500 pound sumo DL is better than Mark Henry's 903 (it's not). We're dealing with a case where the maxes are extremely close. In the cases like I'm describing, the ligher lifter is the better deadlifter, but the Crude Absolutist must say that the heavier lifter is.

-Rex

who has pulled the most?

If John pulls 900 at a bodyweight of 220 (someone like Coan), and Jeff pulls 901 at a bodyweight of 350, it seems you're committed to saying that Jeff is the better deadlifter. This seems to be a clear flaw of the crude absolutist approach. Bodyweight formuals are biased in favor of the really small guys, but here we're not asking whether a 132's 500 pound sumo DL is better than Mark Henry's 903 (it's not). We're dealing with a case where the maxes are extremely close. In the cases like I'm describing, the ligher lifter is the better deadlifter, but the Crude Absolutist must say that the heavier lifter is.

-Rex

Hmmm...sounds familiar to another debate in grip.

I've always had it in my head that Konstantinovs was better than Bolton. I think he will get to 1k if he pulls 950+ this year and he'll do it weighing a solid 60lbs lighter than Andy.

I just don't think you can unequivocally say that either Andy or KK is better.

the great thing is we don't have to. They are both great. Way stronger than any of us, and a heck of a lot of fun to watch. I just don't understand why we need to say one is better than the other, they're just different. Both impressive as heck.

cheers to both of them

Maybe that girl he's been seen with likes to rub his six pack during sex, and so he stays lean for her sake.

There are so many possibilities.

-Rex

LOL! Maybe he wants to please his homosexual fans who send Youtube messages asking for more shirtless videos! You'd have to ask him I guess! Hah.

who has pulled the most?

-Rex

Josh, I've admitted before many times that when e.g. Bob Sundin lifts the blob, it's more impressive than when a big handed guy lifts it. These concessions, nevertheless, do not mean a victory for the platform of the small-handed crowd.

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

Then he's in the wrong job! Your blood pressure during a heavy pull is astronomical.

Then he's in the wrong job! Your blood pressure during a heavy pull is astronomical.

Your telling me :laugh

who has pulled the most?

-Rex

Josh, I've admitted before many times that when e.g. Bob Sundin lifts the blob, it's more impressive than when a big handed guy lifts it. These concessions, nevertheless, do not mean a victory for the platform of the small-handed crowd.

-Rex

So then you agree that Andy is better since he's pulling more? Or are you saying being the winner on the platform doesn't necessarily make you the most impressive due to outside circumstances ?

we're not asking whether a 132's 500 pound sumo DL is better than Mark Henry's 903 (it's not). We're dealing with a case where the maxes are extremely close. In the cases like I'm describing, the ligher lifter is the better deadlifter, but the Crude Absolutist must say that the heavier lifter is.

-Rex

I would say its the other way around, that Bolton's and Ks bodyweights are quite similar but their dl maxes are very different, Andy's being much higher. Also I think at that level of bodyweight it seems that adding or taking away has very little effect on the DL. Many say that being lighter and having a smaller gut makes DLing easier (up to a point obviously), judging from the vid it looks like Andy lost a bit of gut since the 1003.

who has pulled the most?

-Rex

-Rex

So then you agree that Andy is better since he's pulling more? Or are you saying being the winner on the platform doesn't necessarily make you the most impressive due to outside circumstances ?

There's relative strength and there's absolute strength, and I don't think they are commensurable.

Then there's impressiveness, and for me this involves many different factors and is much less algorithmic or formulaic. For deadlifting, I consider these factors and more

-How long has the lifter been training? Nick Winters, for example, recently pulled 855 in the gym, and he has been training deadlift for less than a year. This makes this lift much more impressive than Kevin Nee's 855 done at Strength Works two or so years ago, as he's been training DL since the age of 15.

-Can the lifter put up similar numbers without a belt and suit? If I find that a lifter isn't get much out of a suit, this makes him more impressive to me. This is one of the reasons why sumo lifting disgusts me (one of many). They are able to taint the deadlift with gear just like they taint the squat and bench.

-Bodyweight ratios. They are not the whole story, but they do play a part in my judgment. E.g. I think the 220 lifter in my above example is the more impressive deadlifter.

Lots of others I could think of. Impressiveness is less about just the numbers and more about aesthetics.

-Rex

P.S. Here's Konstantinovs pulling 390 a few years ago without a suit, belt, or even shoes (Zach, take note).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtMQsRKaFI...re=channel_page

Edited by The Natural

bolton has pulled 418kg raw when he was 19. his best i believe is about 430 raw in competition

like picking up nothing to him. Edited by raikkonen

P.S. Here's Konstantinovs pulling 390 a few years ago without a suit, belt, or even shoes (Zach, take note).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtMQsRKaFI...re=channel_page

I have that vid on my computer, as well as all other videos of Andy and Konstantinovs pulling. The shoes, if Andy lost them, he'd pull 1020 :rock :rock :rock

This argument=Absurd.

How about Vince Anello, 4x bodyweight pull. I guess he's a better deadlifter than Konst and Andy Bolton. Forget what the bar weight is, the bodyweight scale is the true test of what's impressive! ................ Stupid argument. Anyone who cries about coefficients is lame. Coefficients only exist to make weak guys feel better about their lifts.

Blah blah? Blah blah Andy Bolton is strong, blah, blah. Blah?

Nick Winters, for example, recently pulled 855 in the gym,

Wow, that kid impresses me more every day.

-Rex

-Rex

I'm still a fan of Coan's 903 at 220.

But 1000+ is 1000+ if you weigh 500lbs. There's only the one of him.

I have pulled 310kg raw at around 100kg..... so can really appreciate the magnitude of Coans lift.....from another planet! :blink

nick winters is also a very stand up guy. I have spoken with him on the boards for a few years now. Very down to earth and very helpful.