Az Cactus Grip Shootout Ii

acorn

Are we doing Braced the same way as AZ-SAC? Any ideas on weights for the farmers walks?

My dad will definitely be there. Maybe I can recruit some kids from school, but they're all pretty cheap so idk if they'd be willing to. Is this going to be sponsered and everything like ACGS last year? I can help with cash if necessary, just let me know.

Yep same way for the Braced Bending. for the Farmers I was hoping for somewhere in the neighborhood of 125-150#. If the some of the beginner competitors cannot lift the farmers setup with 125# we may run 2 different weights. I will start working on finding sponsors for prizes soon and already have something in mind for the trophies if I can pull it off. I will also be getting the AZ-grip site updated with the contest specifics and entry forms soon. The more guys we can get the better. If you can recruit some friends please do. I'll try to have at least 3 group training sessions for anyone interested between now and comp time.

- Aaron

Stupid question, but how thick is the gripping part on the Euro style pinch?

usually 54mm - but some contests will allow you to add/remove some of the rubber spacers to accomodate hand size - not sure if Aaron is doing this or not

yep, can do it if requested. Options are 48mm, 54mm, and 64mm if I remember right.

- Aaron

Alright cool. Btw Im gonna try to make it down there. I'll let you know ASAP if Im going or not

Cool, I hope you can make it!

:D:rock:rock

- Aaron

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• Paul Knight

• vikingsrule92

• The Natural

Great news, I hope you get a bunch of competitors. Any recommendations on where to start braced bending. any suggestions? Ill also search the archives. Hope to see you and Derek and everyone again.

ship

Are we doing Braced the same way as AZ-SAC? Any ideas on weights for the farmers walks?

My dad will definitely be there. Maybe I can recruit some kids from school, but they're all pretty cheap so idk if they'd be willing to. Is this going to be sponsered and everything like ACGS last year? I can help with cash if necessary, just let me know.

Yep same way for the Braced Bending. for the Farmers I was hoping for somewhere in the neighborhood of 125-150#. If the some of the beginner competitors cannot lift the farmers setup with 125# we may run 2 different weights. I will start working on finding sponsors for prizes soon and already have something in mind for the trophies if I can pull it off. I will also be getting the AZ-grip site updated with the contest specifics and entry forms soon. The more guys we can get the better. If you can recruit some friends please do. I'll try to have at least 3 group training sessions for anyone interested between now and comp time.

- Aaron

Stupid question, but how thick is the gripping part on the Euro style pinch?

usually 54mm - but some contests will allow you to add/remove some of the rubber spacers to accomodate hand size - not sure if Aaron is doing this or not

yep, can do it if requested. Options are 48mm, 54mm, and 64mm if I remember right.

- Aaron

Alright cool. Btw Im gonna try to make it down there. I'll let you know ASAP if Im going or not

Cool, I hope you can make it!

:D:rock:rock

- Aaron

Its gonna take some convincing, but I think I can talk my parents into it. Just gotta keep the grades high. Btw, did I ever pm you my address for the gripper?

John, probably a 36-38" of 5/8" and a 20" of 1/2". Watch videos to try to get the technique down, or just come for a get together and me and Aaron can give you a hand.

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to get input on the date from any potential competitors. Possible dates are Feb. 23rd or March 1st 2009. I would love to have 10+ competitors this time so please weigh in here if you have any interest in coming.

- Aaron

Aaron I just realized when looking at dates that you must've been looking at a 2008 calender when you made these days, as these are a Monday and Sunday respectively :D Do you mean 21st or 28th? If so either would be fine for me, as my dad is off for both weekends.

John, probably a 36-38" of 5/8" and a 20" of 1/2". Watch videos to try to get the technique down, or just come for a get together and me and Aaron can give you a hand.

Thanks Derek, Ive made several attempts at some of those 12 inch spikes, got one of those bent. I will be adding some volume soon. Thanks again

John

either of those dates should still be fine w/me.

I would like to get input on the date from any potential competitors. Possible dates are Feb. 23rd or March 1st 2009. I would love to have 10+ competitors this time so please weigh in here if you have any interest in coming.

- Aaron

Aaron I just realized when looking at dates that you must've been looking at a 2008 calender when you made these days, as these are a Monday and Sunday respectively :D Do you mean 21st or 28th? If so either would be fine for me, as my dad is off for both weekends.

Thanks guys I had already caught that and updated it on the www.az-grip.com website for Feb 21st, 2009. I thought I had updated in the thread as well. Sorry about that.

- Aaron

- Aaron

Thanks guys I had already caught that and updated it on the www.az-grip.com website for Feb 21st, 2009. I thought I had updated in the thread as well. Sorry about that.

- Aaron

Hey Aaron, where do the 1 7/8 inch deadlift handles come from? like to pick one up for training.

Ship

- Aaron

- Aaron

Hey Aaron, where do the 1 7/8 inch deadlift handles come from? like to pick one up for training.

Ship

He custom made them, so it would be hard to make for training. Just use thick handled dumbbells or RT holds for time.

- Aaron

- Aaron

Ship

Galvanized pipes from HD/Lowes are about 1 7/8" in diameter, you could train on that

- Aaron

- Aaron

Ship

Galvanized pipes from HD/Lowes are about 1 7/8" in diameter, you could train on that

Yea the actual roller handle portion on these is exactly that 1 7/8 fence pipe. I ordered the rest of the steel to make the final implements for the comp as well yesterday. I'm gonna make 2.5", and 1 7/8" roller handles as well as some pinch plates to swap in there for some nice farmers work.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

You guys could always just man up and do regular FW's for training.

-Rex

I do. But they do not tax my grip at all because I'm far more limited by traps, upper back, legs, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Camo Fo Sho - like we talked about :laugh

• 1 month later...

The handles ended up being John Deere Green btw.

Just a heads up, so far for sponsors we have FBBC and Grip Empire. I'm in discussions with some other parties as well and will announce as soon as things are concrete. If anyone has any interest in sponsoring for prizes and such please let me know.

Also I'm planning on doing 2 divisions for the comp. A Pro and Amatuer division. Pro will be anyone who has placed top 3 in a comp in the last 18 months, Amatuer will be anyone else. I hope to update the website with everything this weekend and get the entry forms up.

Tomorrow I will be putting on a group training session as well, if I havent contacted you and your interested in making it let me know and I can give you directions.

- Aaron

Will you be posting a list of all the cal'ed grippers available to try? thad be cool - maybe I can bring some to fill any gaps

I filled out the entry form, but I'll prolly mail you the loot - what is the deadline to pay? you probably say it somewhere already :rolleyes I'm too lazy to look for it

Will you be posting a list of all the cal'ed grippers available to try? thad be cool - maybe I can bring some to fill any gaps

I filled out the entry form, but I'll prolly mail you the loot - what is the deadline to pay? you probably say it somewhere already :rolleyes I'm too lazy to look for it

I'll try to get a list up on the site of the bending stock, and gripper calibrations as well as weights for the Farmers. Amatuer weight will be 110# on the farmers btw. I'm thinking either 145# or 150# on the farmers. you guys think you can pick that much weight? Deadline for the $25 is 1 week out from the comp. any closer than that and it will be $30.

btw Current entry list:

Aaron Corcorran (acorn) (pro-class)

John Shippling (ship) (amatuer class)

Paul Knight (pro-class)

Thanks,

Aaron

I sent you the entry form for both me and my dad. I should see you at some point before the comp so I'll just pay you in cash then.

I sent you the entry form for both me and my dad. I should see you at some point before the comp so I'll just pay you in cash then.

Thanks

btw Current entry list:

Aaron Corcorran (acorn) (pro-class)

John Shippling (ship) (amatuer class)

Paul Knight (pro-class)

Derek Graybill (vikingsrule92) (pro-class)

Wesley Graybill (vikingsrule62) (amatuer class)

Edited by acorn

Aaron, are you still going to divide this pro/am if it remains small? Its starting to look like it might just be me, you and Paul in the pros.

Aaron, are you still going to divide this pro/am if it remains small? Its starting to look like it might just be me, you and Paul in the pros.

I think we might still get some amatuer level competitors to sign up. but you might be right about it just being the 3 of us in Pro. I think that Rex is afraid you would beat him again and is gonna stay home. Let me think on that some. I still like the idea of splitting it up to give new guys the opportunity to compete against peers for the chance of a trophy rather than freaks like me and Paul.

- Aaron