John Beatty

I can bring a 167# 3.

Nice!

Among other's I'll have

170# RB 300

170ish 2 5/8 MM5dud

174# E

182.5 #3.5

RB330? harder than the 3.5 easier than the #4, hasn't been calibrated because the handles were too thick for Gamidon's calibrator

195# #4

I might have misquoted some of those by a pound or so as I'm at work at don't remember them exactly without looking at the tags.

I have a hard SE and a MM5 Tetting replica that I can bring too. They should fit in around your 330 to #4.

Chad, any idea what they cal at? They could both be well above 195# is why I'm asking. Thanks.

Josh

I will calibrate this weekend...I would guess around 190 range though.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• bencrush

I can bring a 167# 3.

Nice!

Among other's I'll have

170# RB 300

170ish 2 5/8 MM5dud

174# E

182.5 #3.5

RB330? harder than the 3.5 easier than the #4, hasn't been calibrated because the handles were too thick for Gamidon's calibrator

195# #4

I might have misquoted some of those by a pound or so as I'm at work at don't remember them exactly without looking at the tags.

I have a hard SE and a MM5 Tetting replica that I can bring too. They should fit in around your 330 to #4.

Chad, any idea what they cal at? They could both be well above 195# is why I'm asking. Thanks.

Josh

Thank you sir! Looking forward to watching The Chad show again this year.

I can bring a 167# 3.

Nice!

Among other's I'll have

170# RB 300

170ish 2 5/8 MM5dud

174# E

182.5 #3.5

195# #4

Josh

Thank you sir! Looking forward to watching The Chad show again this year.

Thank you for the kind words :blush VERY tough field of competitors...could be anyone's to win :rock

John,

About how heavy is the double bomb lift going to be and what size bombs? And, what kind of cards are you going to use for the tearing event?

Any word on Chris Rice, we all need a rematch on the Hercules hold. :D

As to weights on that medley, once I get the apparati back from Jerry, we'll test it & figure it all out, hopefully next weekend, but there's a chance of tomorrow.

As to cards, whatever dollar general is selling, probably get them next week.

I can bring a 167# 3.

Nice!

Among other's I'll have

170# RB 300

170ish 2 5/8 MM5dud

174# E

182.5 #3.5

195# #4

I have some easier cal'd grippers for the non psychos coming :D

124 #2.5

130 SM

134.4 RB260N

138 SM

144 GM

145 #3

153 #3

156 Elite at MM1

157 #3

165 Narrow GE

That's a nice list of grippers there Derek!

John, does a calibrated gripper close of 165 on that narrow GE beat a calibrated gripper close of 164 on a wider spread gripper? Splitting hairs, but we all know the narrow grippers are much easier to set and close than the wider ones. And I'll take advantage of any contest allowance necessary to place top 5 in the grippers at least.

By staying home I can remain undefeated .

Sorry you can't make it Chris. You pretty much dominated the Hercules Hold last year.

Looks like I just got the confirmation from my brother Jason regarding his time off. He and I are heading to participate in the BBB4!!! :rock

John Beatty replied back to my pm and there were enough spots left for us. Man, I'm so excited about this I can't stand it!

Now I need to call the hotel ASAP!

Looks like I just got the confirmation from my brother Jason regarding his time off. He and I are heading to participate in the BBB4!!! :rock

John Beatty replied back to my pm and there were enough spots left for us. Man, I'm so excited about this I can't stand it!

Now I need to call the hotel ASAP!

Right on John! :rock I wish it wasn't bad timing - which is actually good timing, since it's my 2nd anniversary roadtrip - and I was driving out with you guys. I enjoy driving. Should've been a long haul trucker. Really glad I talked you into competing man. You won't be sorry. Competition adrenaline...That feeling is like nothing else.

There may be a slight adjustment in the tearing medley, guys. I've been having trouble locating enough big phone books, I have tons of smaller ones, so we have the option of going with a regular phone book between every other object, I have a friend looking into getting big books, so that may come through yet, we'll see.

There may be a slight adjustment in the tearing medley, guys. I've been having trouble locating enough big phone books, I have tons of smaller ones, so we have the option of going with a regular phone book between every other object, I have a friend looking into getting big books, so that may come through yet, we'll see.

I wish I could say that was bad news, but since I'm so terrible at phone books right now, I think that's great news.

I have been wondering John, what kind of time limit were you thinking for the tearing medley? 5 minutes?

John I could send you a big pile of good sized ones if you want. Let me know.

- Aaron

NO Aaron don't do it!!! :D I'm with Zach on this one.

Come on guys! it's just a little phone book, if Aaron doesn't have enough, and BIG! thanks to him for looking :rock , then we'll go with quartering one instead of halving one. Maybe we could expand it to halve a book, halve a deck of cards crossways, quarter a book, longways a deck, tic-tac-toe a book (9 pieces), then the license plate.

- Aaron

Hahaha!! :D I hate phonebooks too! I rip em' in my shows all the time cause' the crowd loves it, but I usually end up pulling something in my hand when I do it!! I'll tell you straight up, for the big ones, I pop em'! If it's 1000pg's or less, I can usually manage to rip it "grip and rip" style. :D

- Aaron

Hahaha!! :D I hate phonebooks too! I rip em' in my shows all the time cause' the crowd loves it, but I usually end up pulling something in my hand when I do it!! I'll tell you straight up, for the big ones, I pop em'! If it's 1000pg's or less, I can usually manage to rip it "grip and rip" style. :D

I can't figure out the "easy" popping technique. I can only start books using the grip n' rip technique :blush That helps explain why I'm so terrible at bigger books but not training them doesn't help.

- Aaron

I can't figure out the "easy" popping technique. I can only start books using the grip n' rip technique :blush That helps explain why I'm so terrible at bigger books but not training them doesn't help.

I really need to start learning to tear phone books, ASAP! Being that the BBB is happening in a little over a week!

- Aaron

I really need to start learning to tear phone books, ASAP! Being that the BBB is happening in a little over a week!

Check out Clay Edgin's article on the Heavy Sports site. Excellent tutorial on popping a phonebook!! Here's the link:

Phonebook tearing article

Got the T's yesterday. As I said long ago, we went with something a little different. Lime green tie-dye!

Really, lime green tie-dye...... :D

Got the T's yesterday. As I said long ago, we went with something a little different. Lime green tie-dye!

AWESOME JOHN!!! I can't wait to wear mine proudly around school! :D

Nice :cool