Bbb Only 4 Weeks Away

John Beatty

Actually, I just put up all the pad info on the left side of the bending page on the site last weekend. Leather wraps $7 per pair, Suede $5 per pair, Crush pads $3 per pair. Just kept forgetting to get them up.

The grippers were a black handled/gold spring with the skull engraved on the handle, a red handled with a gold spring, a green handled with a silver spring, an all chrome with a red biohazard engraved in the handle, and another skull gripper.

Nice.. Ill be buying a pair at BBB. I hope im not the only one who shows up in full rehband.. man that will be embarassing.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• bencrush

I think you'd be the first "blue man" at the BBB ever, actually. I do have a lot of strongman stuff here, too. Maybe I won't be the only one loading stones at 10:30pm this year.

No problem on the leathers. I'll cut a bunch the day before, so I don't wind up cutting 6-7 pairs right before bending starts like last year.

I think you'd be the first "blue man" at the BBB ever, actually. I do have a lot of strongman stuff here, too. Maybe I won't be the only one loading stones at 10:30pm this year.

No problem on the leathers. I'll cut a bunch the day before, so I don't wind up cutting 6-7 pairs right before bending starts like last year.

That was awesome! I was actually telling that story to a girl here in the office that likes strongman. "So Beatty, with a belly full of BBQ and beer just starts throwing up these stones..."

That was awesome! I was actually telling that story to a girl here in the office that likes strongman. "So Beatty, with a belly full of BBQ and beer just starts throwing up these stones..."

That's pretty funny! I'm hoping to get the 425 stone done in time for the BBB & maybe play with it a bit. I also have a 170 now & that means everyone should play!

That's pretty funny! I'm hoping to get the 425 stone done in time for the BBB & maybe play with it a bit. I also have a 170 now & that means everyone should play!

Ooooo a 170! That's the size I wanted to get from Slaters. Would you mind giving the newbies like me some pointers on stones John? I've been really wanting to start.

Just spoke to John and told him the great news. My wife and I are going to swing by the contest on our way back from a 2nd anniversary roadtrip. So that means I'll get to compete! The only downside is that I have been training grippers and bending only. Won't train any of the other stuff now since it's only a month to go. I'm pretty busy these days anyway, but holy cow I'm pretty excited to make it to another BBB! I'll take my ass whooping just to see the guys again. Just had a real look at the events...all that pinching and tearing...should've kept my mouth shut, lol. Oh well, no specific training to me just means that I'll have no pressure whatsoever. And my wife has been so great to encourage me to compete in it, even though it'll be the end of our big trip. So I've agreed to no grip training of any kind (except for when I meet up with Eaton and Jedd!) during the trip.

Cool.. looking forward to meeting you Ben. dont worry about not training for it.. I havent either. In fact I havent torn a thing.. ever... and I have less than 5 bending sessions under my belt. should be fun though.

Just spoke to John and told him the great news. My wife and I are going to swing by the contest on our way back from a 2nd anniversary roadtrip. So that means I'll get to compete! The only downside is that I have been training grippers and bending only. Won't train any of the other stuff now since it's only a month to go. I'm pretty busy these days anyway, but holy cow I'm pretty excited to make it to another BBB! I'll take my ass whooping just to see the guys again. Just had a real look at the events...all that pinching and tearing...should've kept my mouth shut, lol. Oh well, no specific training to me just means that I'll have no pressure whatsoever. And my wife has been so great to encourage me to compete in it, even though it'll be the end of our big trip. So I've agreed to no grip training of any kind (except for when I meet up with Eaton and Jedd!) during the trip.

FANTASTIC NEWS BEN!!!

Thanks guys! Looking forward to meeting you Chris. And seeing my buddies Josh, John, Zach, and John again. And of course looking forward to meeting those I've never met before, haha.

Sweet! That's awesome Ben. Can't wait to meet you man! :cool

John are we clear to bring our own grippers again? I have a decent amount between the #3 and #4 level and most have been calibrated.

John are we clear to bring our own grippers again? I have a decent amount between the #3 and #4 level and most have been calibrated.

Yes! Absolutely! I don't have a huge amount between 3 & 4 and I haven't anything calibrated, other than my judgement.

I can bring a 167# 3.

Nice!

Among other's I'll have

170# RB 300

170ish 2 5/8 MM5dud

174# E

182.5 #3.5

RB330? harder than the 3.5 easier than the #4, hasn't been calibrated because the handles were too thick for Gamidon's calibrator

195# #4

I might have misquoted some of those by a pound or so as I'm at work at don't remember them exactly without looking at the tags.

Cool.. Bring that 174# elite. Im thinking that will be my final attempt. Unless it goes down easy then the 182.5 will be my last

Zach Coulter

Derek Graybill

Jeremiah Fox

John Beatty

Jerry Donaldson

Sam McMahon

Luke Pro

Josh Dale (recurrent top 5'er - is this the year?)

Dave Thornton

Jarrod Spoonemore

Dan Sweeney

Chris Mathison

Rick Kramer

Paul Knight (depending on flight availability)

Ben Edwards

10 spots left

First edition prize list:

1st - est value $650

Gold spring/black handled RB with skull on handle

RB400N

Double Bomb frame from medley

2 Misc FBBC goodies

Big Squeeze from Max Big squeeze event

Big Sword

plaque

BBB hoodie

APT's stuff

Diesel Crew goodie

Very cool toy TBA

2nd - Est Value - $450

Double Vbar apparatus

20lb bomb

2 misc FBBC goodies

red handled RB gripper

Diesel Crew Goodie

Big Sword

Plaque

APT's goodies

Very cool toy as above

BBB Hoodie

3rd - Est Value - $400

Double Hub apparatus

A couple misc FBBC goodies

2 T's from The FBBC selection

RB Gripper with Biohazard engraved

Diesel Goodie (if available)

APT's Goodie

Big Sword

Plaque

Another very cool toy

BBB Hoodie

4th - Est Value - $375

2.5" axle from medley

APT's goodies

Big Sword

Plaque

BBB Hoodie

Cool Toy

RB gripper

5th - Est Value - $275

2 Misc FBBC toys

BBB Hoodie

RB Green Handled gripper

Big Sword

Plaque

Cool Toy

APT's goodies

6th - 10th - Sword/dagger

Plaque

APT's goodies

Odds are I'll add more, just depends on the costs, we'll see.

For the rest - Beer & Food, and all the toys you want to play with.

Edited by John Beatty

Added a few to 1st

Yeah, he's got a a baby and regular Inch. I think it's "harder" one though although Chad didn't seem to have any problem with it. :D

I had committed to a highland game a week before the date was announced. Come hell or high water I will be there next year. Especially when you consider that it's the only way I'll ever get a sword to hang up.(I have been specifically forbidden from buying one by my wife. She's afraid I'll stab the dog screwing around. She might be right.)

Everyone set PR's and avoid injury. Good luck.

Brent

Zach Coulter

Derek Graybill

Jeremiah Fox

John Beatty

Jerry Donaldson

Sam McMahon

Luke Pro

Josh Dale (recurrent top 5'er - is this the year?)

Dave Thornton

Jarrod Spoonemore

Dan Sweeney

Chris Mathison

Rick Kramer

Paul Knight (depending on flight availability)

Ben Edwards

10 spots left

First edition prize list:

1st - est value $650

Gold spring/black handled RB with skull on handle

RB400N

Double Bomb frame from medley

2 Misc FBBC goodies

Big Squeeze from Max Big squeeze event

Big Sword

plaque

BBB hoodie

APT's stuff

Diesel Crew goodie

Very cool toy TBA

2nd - Est Value - $450

Double Vbar apparatus

20lb bomb

2 misc FBBC goodies

red handled RB gripper

Diesel Crew Goodie

Big Sword

Plaque

APT's goodies

Very cool toy as above

BBB Hoodie

3rd - Est Value - $400

Double Hub apparatus

A couple misc FBBC goodies

2 T's from The FBBC selection

RB Gripper with Biohazard engraved

Diesel Goodie (if available)

APT's Goodie

Big Sword

Plaque

Another very cool toy

BBB Hoodie

4th - Est Value - $375

2.5" axle from medley

APT's goodies

Big Sword

Plaque

BBB Hoodie

Cool Toy

RB gripper

5th - Est Value - $275

2 Misc FBBC toys

BBB Hoodie

RB Green Handled gripper

Big Sword

Plaque

Cool Toy

APT's goodies

6th - 10th - Sword/dagger

Plaque

APT's goodies

Odds are I'll add more, just depends on the costs, we'll see.

For the rest - Beer & Food, and all the toys you want to play with.

MAN...I wish that I could make this one :( This is an EXCELLENT prize package and a STRONG list of competitors :rock Good Luck to ALL :rock

Edited by Too Tall