Updated list

Zach Coulter

Derek Graybill

Jeremiah Fox

John Beatty

Jerry Donaldson

Sam McMahon

Luke Pro

Josh Dale (recurrent top 5'er - is this the year?)

Dave Thornton

Jarrod Spoonemore

Dan Sweeney (plus a couple of friends)

Rick Kramer

Paul Knight (depending on flight availability)

Ben Edwards

Brian Schoonveld (tentative)

Chad Woodall

So we're sitting at 18, if everyone shows.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Beatty

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• bencrush

Updated list

Zach Coulter

Derek Graybill

Jeremiah Fox

John Beatty

Jerry Donaldson

Sam McMahon

Luke Pro

Josh Dale (recurrent top 5'er - is this the year?)

Dave Thornton

Jarrod Spoonemore

Dan Sweeney (plus a couple of friends)

Rick Kramer

Paul Knight (depending on flight availability)

Ben Edwards

Brian Schoonveld (tentative)

Chad Woodall

So we're sitting at 18, if everyone shows.

Cool...I hope Schoonveld shows :rock VERY STRONG GROUP :rock:rock:rock

Amazing group of competitors there! I would LOVE to finally meet Schoonveld! I've been wanting to see him in action ever since the BBB1 when John was describing some of his feats of strength. I hear he's a "decent" presser too, haha.

John, is there any word yet on what the next jump up from a 7" Edgin will be in your lineup at the contest? My kink is giving me a terrible time, so I have to decide whether to focus on ekeing out a 6" Edgin or go for the longer stock. Part of it will be on-the-spot strategy too.

If Chris Rice was going to be there I'd offer to throw in as much as I could afford towards having him bring that badass 11/32" CRS that he gave me a while back. That would stop a lot of Edgin benders.

I'm going to send a few higher end things to Eric tomorrow & see if he can calibrate them for us.

What about Stainless stock John? Will Shinys be allowed? I realize most don't like to use Stainless in their comps but with my current understanding of things, the Shinys will bridge the MASSIVE gap between the new bastards and the kick-your-teeth-in-and-chainsaw-your-face-Brutal hexes.

What about Stainless stock John? Will Shinys be allowed? I realize most don't like to use Stainless in their comps but with my current understanding of things, the Shinys will bridge the MASSIVE gap between the new bastards and the kick-your-teeth-in-and-chainsaw-your-face-Brutal hexes.

That's a great way to describe those Brutal Hexes! :D

I'd really prefer to not use Stainless, but we probably could, I'm pretty much caught up with all the FBBC stuff right now & unless I get hit big next week, I'm going to start getting steel cut & finish cleaning the shop, the thing is it takes about 3-4 times as long to cut, so I'll just say depending on time. Calibration stuff goes out tomorrow, so we should have clear steps for the high end stuff this year.

Swords should arrive today or tomorrow. I'll be ordering the special toys tomorrow. Got the porta-john delivery set up! Very important, there. Got confirmations from Channel 15 news, and the Channel 3 morning show today, so great media coverage this year, haven't heard from the newspaper. We will have a professional photog there, too.

Really looking forward to this year, I'm actually pretty much ready to go, outside of getting the steel cut & getting plates from the junkyard. I may even get to sleep in & be rested instead of getting up at the crack of dawn.....I have said that before, though.

Great work getting all this together John! Glad to hear the news cameras will be there. Shame they're all going to be focusing in on the prettiest dude there. Me.

Great work getting all this together John! Glad to hear the news cameras will be there. Shame they're all going to be focusing in on the prettiest dude there. Me.

Only until they realize I'm competing in my singlet... cuz,

not enuff lime hur for you to shine hur

deal with many women but I treat dimes fair

Don't really know what that means but I heard some mall tuff spouting it out and it seemed appropriate for this response....I think :D

Don't really know what that means but I heard some mall tuff spouting it out and it seemed appropriate for this response....I think :D

Not enough spotlight for both of us so im taking it. (a long time ago this would have been "This towns not big enough for the two of us")

I have alot of women but only show interest in the 10's(hot ones)

Edited by Chris Mathison

Not enough spotlight for both of us so im taking it. (a long time ago this would have been "This towns not big enough for the two of us")

I can't remember what rapper that's from! Damn that's going to bug me!

I'd really prefer to not use Stainless, but we probably could, I'm pretty much caught up with all the FBBC stuff right now & unless I get hit big next week, I'm going to start getting steel cut & finish cleaning the shop, the thing is it takes about 3-4 times as long to cut, so I'll just say depending on time. Calibration stuff goes out tomorrow, so we should have clear steps for the high end stuff this year.

Swords should arrive today or tomorrow. I'll be ordering the special toys tomorrow. Got the porta-john delivery set up! Very important, there. Got confirmations from Channel 15 news, and the Channel 3 morning show today, so great media coverage this year, haven't heard from the newspaper. We will have a professional photog there, too.

Really looking forward to this year, I'm actually pretty much ready to go, outside of getting the steel cut & getting plates from the junkyard. I may even get to sleep in & be rested instead of getting up at the crack of dawn.....I have said that before, though.

I would be eternally grateful if Stainless was allowed in the comp John!!! Hell, I'll get there early just to help you cut them before the comp if you like!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who will want something between bastard stock and that crazy Hex-Edgin stock.

I can't remember what rapper that's from! Damn that's going to bug me!

I have no doubt it's from some rapper

I would be eternally grateful if Stainless was allowed in the comp John!!! Hell, I'll get there early just to help you cut them before the comp if you like!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who will want something between bastard stock and that crazy Hex-Edgin stock.

You really like stainless? Go for a Big G5...I think you can do this based on what I have seen from you :rock

Stainless is probably quite a bit higher too?? With the prize packages and the food, not to mention time, I'd guess John is already pushing it to even break even.

Great to see that you have excellent Media coverage for comp. Great stuff John. Keep up the good work. :rock

"BIG AL"

Stainless is probably quite a bit higher too?? With the prize packages and the food, not to mention time, I'd guess John is already pushing it to even break even.

Appreciate the thought, I never break even on this show (or come remotely close). I'm a sponsor, so I expect to take a decent bit out of the FBBC coffers. Kind of a way to give back for the support you guys give my company. Plus it's fun!

Appreciate the thought, I never break even on this show (or come remotely close). I'm a sponsor, so I expect to take a decent bit out of the FBBC coffers. Kind of a way to give back for the support you guys give my company. Plus it's fun!

Sorry :trout Your efforts are certainly appreciated.

You really like stainless? Go for a Big G5...I think you can do this based on what I have seen from you :rock

A Big G5? Perhaps :fear

110,000% appreciated John!!! :rock

No need to apologize, I like having the show, well worth every penny, and like I said, it's giving back to the sport & the guys that have made FBBC what it is.

I can bring a 167# 3.

Nice!

Among other's I'll have

170# RB 300

170ish 2 5/8 MM5dud

174# E

182.5 #3.5

RB330? harder than the 3.5 easier than the #4, hasn't been calibrated because the handles were too thick for Gamidon's calibrator

195# #4

I might have misquoted some of those by a pound or so as I'm at work at don't remember them exactly without looking at the tags.

I have a hard SE and a MM5 Tetting replica that I can bring too. They should fit in around your 330 to #4.

John,

About how heavy is the double bomb lift going to be and what size bombs? And, what kind of cards are you going to use for the tearing event?

Any word on Chris Rice, we all need a rematch on the Hercules hold. :D

John,

About how heavy is the double bomb lift going to be and what size bombs? And, what kind of cards are you going to use for the tearing event?

Any word on Chris Rice, we all need a rematch on the Hercules hold. :D

By staying home I can remain undefeated :D .

Sorry but I will never bend double overhand again - after almost two years of therapy, I can finally move my shoulders again even though they still hurt all the time. It simply isn't worth it to me. And the tearing medley - I can do a deck of cards across but not lengthwise - I can tear an easy phonebook by my definition but probably not Johns - John's version of a hard book, no way - and a license plate, I don't even know how to start that one. So starting two events in the hole - I decided not to attend this year - I am going to miss everyone and especially the Hercules Hold - I'd really like to try it with cars - I think that is going to be awesome.

The truth is - I would still attend and not do the bending except I'm going climbing for a week starting the next weekend and that will take all my money. And vacation time - oh wait, everyday is vacation :blush

Edited by climber511

I can bring a 167# 3.

Nice!

Among other's I'll have

170# RB 300

170ish 2 5/8 MM5dud

174# E

182.5 #3.5

RB330? harder than the 3.5 easier than the #4, hasn't been calibrated because the handles were too thick for Gamidon's calibrator

195# #4

I might have misquoted some of those by a pound or so as I'm at work at don't remember them exactly without looking at the tags.

I have a hard SE and a MM5 Tetting replica that I can bring too. They should fit in around your 330 to #4.

Chad, any idea what they cal at? They could both be well above 195# is why I'm asking. Thanks.

Josh