Anyone Interested In A Grip Comp In Ga?

Too Tall

Deep South Grip War is on in 2009 :rock

Again I would like to have it in Feb, March or April. I will not be competing...because it will be my first comp and I want things to go smoothly :rock

I have a great venue and there will be $$$ prizes to the Top winners to help to off set some of the expensive costs and other nice prices aswell. I would love to have a great turnout and I am sure this will be a qualifier for 2009 Nationals.

Those that are interested and any certain dates during those months that would work best for everyone please let me know. I am flexible.

Possible events that I am tossing in my head:

Gripper's - calibrated and MM set (I hope to have many and small jumps) - strong hand only!

2hp - I have a euro pinch from David Horne and ALL weights will be calibrated! (4 attempts max weight)!

Apollon's axel - reps in 75 seconds!

Medley - atleast 20 things to load!

2" Farmer's - hold for time!

What you guys think?

Thanks,

Chad

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• MalachiMcMullen

• climber511

• PowerHouse

I think... I'm IN!!! That's another super long drive but I also think I can manage :) I'd like it before April though and preferably Feb. because MGC7 will be in April '09 and I can't miss that one.

What were you thinking medley-wise and axle-weight-wise? Keep in mind, not everyone can pull 400+(or 300+ :blush ).

I think... I'm IN!!! That's another super long drive but I also think I can manage :) I'd like it before April though and preferably Feb. because MGC7 will be in April '09 and I can't miss that one.

What were you thinking medley-wise and axle-weight-wise? Keep in mind, not everyone can pull 400+(or 300+ :blush ).

I have a WIDE variety of things to put into the medley of things that I have collected over the years...and it would work for small hand or large hand.

Axel...not sure yet...but I want it to be a test of grip and endurance.

Contest name suggestion:

Dixie Strength Grip Challenge

Sounds like a good list of events. I'll probably be living in Georgia around that time, so I'm game.

-Rex

EDIT: I'd like to add that I have relatives living in Roswell, GA, which is a very easy 1.5 hour drive outside of Chad's town, and so having a guest or two would be no problem. We would have two bedrooms available for guests.

Edited by The Natural

Contest name suggestion:

Sounds like a good list of events. I'll probably be living in Georgia around that time, so I'm game.

-Rex

EDIT: I'd like to add that I have relatives living in Roswell, GA, which is a very easy 1.5 hour drive outside of Chad's town, and so having a guest or two would be no problem. We would have two bedrooms available for guests.

Rex,

you do not like my contest name :(

How about Georgia Grip War?

There will be NO bending at this comp! Bending is not a test of grip strength IMO...and I want this comp to be a test of grip strength only. It will be fun and A LOT of food and drink afterwards. Also the 5 events will be set up in a huge building and all will be set in stations...so that it can move smoothly and quickly :rock

I hope all you guys can come :rock

Contest name suggestion:

-Rex

Rex,

you do not like my contest name :(

How about Georgia Grip War?

Chad,

I had not read enough of the thread to see that you already had a name in mind. I thought you were still looking for ideas. Georgia Grip War actually sounds better than mine.

I really like the endurance test of of support grip using the farmer's hold. I had a similar list of events in mind for a contest testing functional hand strength, and your list of events is VERY close. In fact, the only difference is that instead of max gripper attempts, I had the idea for a 10 pound strap hold with a CoC #2 for time (both hands tested). So I really like the look of this contest.

-Rex

EDIT: I'd like to add that I have relatives living in Roswell, GA,...

Now... who do I know who lives in Roswell, GA??? ;)

Chad - count me in (again). As for the event date, how about early April? BTW, where's the location?

EDIT: I'd like to add that I have relatives living in Roswell, GA,...

Now... who do I know who lives in Roswell, GA??? ;)

Chad - count me in (again). As for the event date, how about early April? BTW, where's the location?

It will be here in Athens at a buddies place of business. Lots of room for setting up and plenty of parking :rock

I see no problem making this one Chad. what ya thinking weight wise for the axle and farmer hold?

Maybe around 300 for the axel and 150-200 for the farmer's.

Please try to keep it a few weeks away from the Arnold Classic - I want to do the Olympic Lifting - they are having a Masters Meet on Sunday.