Anyone Interested In A Grip Comp In Ga?

Too Tall

90 seconds worth of max effort repetition DO deadlifting on an Axle - God I love this sport :cry

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• MalachiMcMullen

• climber511

• PowerHouse

90 seconds worth of max effort repetition DO deadlifting on an Axle - God I love this sport :cry

You have Geezer Power...you can do it :rock

Oh BTW...I thought about a hold for time...but I changed my mind quickly because I did not want to lose to you AGAIN :fear

You have Geezer Power...you can do it :rock

Oh BTW...I thought about a hold for time...but I changed my mind quickly because I did not want to lose to you AGAIN :fear

It was an old person thing really Chad - I let go at 40 seconds - it just took that long for the message to get to my hands and then for them to do anything :blush

How about the month of April sometime? Just curious?

What does everyone think about either the 1st or 2nd week in April?

Works for me

Works for me

Cool :rock

There will be prize $$$ for the top 5 hopefully and trophies and goodies from sponsors.

These are some of the events that I am tossing around in my head:

Grippers - parallel set

Euro 2HP - max

FBBC 2" V Bar - max

Apollon's axel for reps (DO)

Heavy Medley (I have a lot of cool stuff for this)

Reverse Bending

Whatcha think?

I am planing on some heavy hitters showing up and my goal is to raise $1000.00 in prize $$$ to be split 1st - 5th along with sponsor goodies. I have plenty of time to do this...so should not be a problem. So mark your calendars for either the 1st or 2nd Saturday in April. This is a OPEN contest! Strongman scoring!

Entrance fee will be $50.00

I am still going with the following events and some maybes: (there will be probably 6 events)

Grippers - parallel set - FOR SURE! (strong hand)

FBBC 2" V Bar - 4 attempts max wt. - FOR SURE! (strong hand)

Euro 2hp - 4 attempts max wt. - FOR SURE

VERY HEAVY MEDLEY(blobs, hub 45's, anvil, Inch, kettle bell, 2 35's, 2 25's, 4 10's, 5 10's) - FOR SURE! (any hand)

Apollon's Axel - most reps in 90 seconds (probably 275 - 300#'s) - MAYBE!

RT - max wt - MAYBE (strong hand)

DO Bending - MAYBE

Reverse Bending - MAYBE

Bending Medley - MAYBE

As it gets closer(about 3 months out) and as I see the interest pick up...I will start narrowing the events down. Shoot me any PM's for questions.

Chad

Edited by Too Tall

I'll be there...I'm not a "heavy hitter" but I'll be there!

Jedd - wanna car pool? If you're driving down from NEPA, I'm on the way! :D We can split the gas 50/50 from DC to Atl and back. Sounds like a win-win if you ask me!

How far from ATL are you? I have some good friends there.

Edited by nickr104

Change the MAYBE's next to the Axle for reps and the DO bending and you have yourself an amazingly fun set of events! LOVE the idea of the heavy medley, I'm sure I would get MAYBE 1 object but since it most likely wouldn't be the first one I'd bomb the event. Still unsure about it but my dad didn't say no right off the bat so it's definitely possible. Wont know for sure probably until March but I'd LOVE to come down.

I'm definitely interested. How far do you think you are from Pensacola, FL?

About a 6hr drive. My family used to go down there a lot took around 5 1/2 hrs and Chad is about 45mins away from me.

Okay...I am getting a lot of interest in this comp...so I am going to limit it to 25...because of room. I know that it is still a ways off...but just wanted to throw this out there in advance.

Chad

The date works for me. I have an old childhood friend who live in Sandy Springs who I can crash with, so I'm in for sure. I like the reverse bending idea!

The date works for me. I have an old childhood friend who live in Sandy Springs who I can crash with, so I'm in for sure. I like the reverse bending idea!

Great Anson :rock

If everything works out I will be heading out there with Dan to compete with you bulls, so count me in. :rock

Edited by GetAGrip87

I've got tons of reasons(two reasons) to go now other than competing. I'd say it's a safe bet I'll be there, I'm aching to get my butt wooped by the big guys again ;) Hopefully less than at the BBB though.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Glad you all are coming to compete :rock It will be a lot of fun and cash to the winners :rock I am also trying to put a prize package together for eveyone that comes to compete...I do not want anyone to go home empty handed :rock

Glad you all are coming to compete :rock It will be a lot of fun and cash to the winners :rock I am also trying to put a prize package together for eveyone that comes to compete...I do not want anyone to go home empty handed :rock

I'm pretty close so count me in if you still have room.

I'm pretty close so count me in if you still have room.

Yes...sir...love to have you :rock

I got a donation by a sponsor for $200 today :rock I was like WOW! If I can raise more $$$...I will up all the placings for the prize $$$!

Stay tuned.