Anyone Interested In A Grip Comp In Ga?

Too Tall

Glad you all are coming to compete :rock It will be a lot of fun and cash to the winners :rock I am also trying to put a prize package together for eveyone that comes to compete...I do not want anyone to go home empty handed :rock

I'm pretty close so count me in if you still have room.

Yes...sir...love to have you :rock

Thanks Chad, It should be a good learning experience (as long as you don't have the axle for reps set at 450) :whacked . Maybe I'll be ready to bend by then.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• MalachiMcMullen

• climber511

• PowerHouse

I have been thinking about the events...and I want a good group to come out...so I am going to try and even things up a bit :rock

Events:

Grippers - MM set and close - strong hand

DO Bending - biggest bar - 5 minute time limit (Fat Bastard Rules)

OHDL - using a 1" non-revolving handle(it will be attached to the RT loading pin) 3 attempts max wt.(strong hand)

Heavy Medley - like I said earlier in this thread and described objects.

2" FBBC V Bar - 3 attempts max wt. (strong hand)

Apollons Axel for reps - (90 sec.) (most reps win) (will be 300#'s)

This should even things up a bit...and make for a hard challenge for all!!!

Chad

Apollons Axel for reps - (90 sec.) (most reps win) (will be 300#'s)

I'll need to get a LOT stronger in the DL! Maybe I'll be good for 3 reps with that much by then.

I have a friend in B'ham who has offered to make me a thickbar by welding some pipe that is ~2 and 3/4" inches to 2" pipe on each end for the plates, guess I'll be using that a lot. I may need to do a lot of regular DL also because my body gives out before my hands (pathetic) :blush .

Edited by odin

I am also trying to put a prize package together for eveyone that comes to compete...I do not want anyone to go home empty handed :rock

Chad,

I would like to get in on this... it would be my very 1st grip comp, so I will try and make a good show of it - this will get me to training for it especially the bending stuff. Anyhow, COUNT ME IN!!! :D

I am also trying to put a prize package together for eveyone that comes to compete...I do not want anyone to go home empty handed :rock

Chad,

I would like to get in on this... it would be my very 1st grip comp, so I will try and make a good show of it - this will get me to training for it especially the bending stuff. Anyhow, COUNT ME IN!!! :D

Great John...love to have you bro :rock

The list of competitors is starting to look pretty humbling :unsure I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Definitely count me in, come hell or high water I'll be there. Even if it means flying... ok actually if it comes to flying I'm out but I don't think I'll have much trouble driving down(by me I mean me and my dad ;) )

300lb AADL for reps! Ok, I guess I can up my max at least 25lbs by April, repping it will be the fun part :)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

The list of competitors is starting to look pretty humbling :unsure I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Definitely count me in, come hell or high water I'll be there. Even if it means flying... ok actually if it comes to flying I'm out but I don't think I'll have much trouble driving down(by me I mean me and my dad ;) )

300lb AADL for reps! Ok, I guess I can up my max at least 25lbs by April, repping it will be the fun part :)

You can do it...you have 5 months of training ahead of you :rock

You can do it...you have 5 months of training ahead of you :rock

I do :fear

Chad... have you thought up a name for the grip comp? I'm sure we can come up with a few good suggestions - WOODALL'S WAR or something like that... :happy

Chad... have you thought up a name for the grip comp? I'm sure we can come up with a few good suggestions - WOODALL'S WAR or something like that... :happy

Perhaps something alittle bit more media friendly? :D But I must say just naming it the GA grip comp would be boring. Perhaps Woodall's Grip Fest or something, I don't know right now, it's 2 am so I'm just rambling :)

Woodall vs. the rest of the Grip World

lol

Chad,

This comp's over, Snott'll take all! GO SNOTT GO!!!

This comp's over, Snott'll take all! GO SNOTT GO!!!

Twig, hey... don't dare ruin the outcome - it depresses the rest of the field! Anyhow, go ahead and notify the rest of the Sybersnott Fan Club that I'll be there so that they'll have enough time to give me a proper cheering group at the comp! :happy

• 2 weeks later...
My brother(ObsceneJester) said he would be coming if thats all good.

No that is not all good :angry:

j/k of course! ;) The more the merrier :rock

My brother(ObsceneJester) said he would be coming if thats all good.

Love the name of the comp BTW.

Good deal man :rock Sounds like a plan.

Ok, the date. I read somewhere in this thread it would be the 1st week in April so that would make the first saturday the 5th of April, this is probably obvious to everyone but me(as usual) but is this the date you had in mind Chad?

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

• 1 month later...
Are there any open spots for the competition? Have you decided on a date yet?

It will be sometime in April I hope. After the first of the year...I will no more by what those decide about this sport moving forward and a clear cut Nationals ect. Maybe my comp could be a qualifier...who knows???

Are there any open spots for the competition? Have you decided on a date yet?

It will be sometime in April I hope. After the first of the year...I will no more by what those decide about this sport moving forward and a clear cut Nationals ect. Maybe my comp could be a qualifier...who knows???

Haha! Chad you sneaky sneaky planner you :fear

• 4 weeks later...

I am canceling Deep South Grip War due to not having enough time to put it together this year. I am sorry to those that were interested in competing...maybe next year.

Chad

Dang!! I was pumped for this one too, but also completely understand not having the time to plan a comp. Defiantly be there next year though.

To be honest with y'all I think Chad might have been a little worried I was going to beat him!!!! :whistel

• 3 weeks later...

do anyone from ga ever get to gether to train if so i would like to try and join to learn all i can. by the way i'm from loganville if anyone trains out this way