Bbb Top 5

John Beatty

Thanks John for an awesome contest! Meeting all the guys and seeing those same guys doing things that I can only imagine one day doing was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Congrats to all the winners and all competitors, because I know what we all had to go through! Does anyone think the soreness will ever go away?

Dan

No...I went downstairs and put my adjustable SE and GE in hose clamps in prep for Gripmas and my forearms and hands are now thoroughly upset with me again. Keep in mind, all I did was put them in to parallel, there were no attempts involved.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• Too Tall

• acorn

• EricMilfeld

Thanks John for an awesome contest! Meeting all the guys and seeing those same guys doing things that I can only imagine one day doing was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Congrats to all the winners and all competitors, because I know what we all had to go through! Does anyone think the soreness will ever go away?

Dan

Dan - you were doing some pretty nice stuff yourself there afterwards! It was great to meet you finally - and yes the soreness will go away - I think :blink

Nice work to all, I really wanted to make it to this contest, but I have been in a long recovery/injury state. I am very frustrated that I couldn't be there. Just curious, what was the weight of the HH and what was involved in the medley??? Thanks.

Nice work to all, I really wanted to make it to this contest, but I have been in a long recovery/injury state. I am very frustrated that I couldn't be there. Just curious, what was the weight of the HH and what was involved in the medley??? Thanks.

The medley involved a 27.5 blob, a larger red blob, maybe 30-35lbs?, two 50lb scale weights, a large round chunk of steel, a SUPER SLICK 45 blob that stopped even Aaron, the Blob+6 lifter and at the end was going to be just the baby inch but the big guys wanted the real deal at the end and out it came. The weight on the HH ended up being about 210ish per hand, right guys? 3 70lb sandbags per hand I think.

Soreness? what soreness? I cant feel my limbs :D

I am about to go do a grip workout...for what...who knows :fear I am crazy :help

Thanks to John for a great time. Next year, John, we'll get there a little earlier and help you get more organized. That way you can do/see more after contest stuff.

Chris Rice Wins!!!!!! Big hats off to you my friend. Best moment of the whole show.

Zach, Luke and Scott pay attention to what Chris does and says, you'll be his age one day.

I know that must have been an awesome time had by all! Congrats Chad, and Aaron the underdog, and all the others! And Chris... I don't know what to say. :rock

I can't get over how "world class" just keeps getting higher and higher every few months!

Sounds like an incredible time was had, NO WAY Im missing it next year. My wife promised not to have surgery again next year :D

Edited by The Chuck

To echo what everybody said, BBB-3 was a blast. It was a lot of fun to finally meet and talk shop with the top guys in the grip world, making a bunch of friends in the process. Plus, it was nice to hit 2 PR's right off the bat, closing an easy #3 (first time ever) and killing all of my bends in less than a minute, ending with a 6" Bastard (it took me 5 minutes on the last time I tried a 6" Bastard). Did okay on the medley, getting the first 5 objects in 10.84 seconds, but like everybody else said, that 45# blob was slick. I nearly felt compelled to ask a question I overheard at a strongman contest in Columbia, MO August 2006, "Man this is slick. Who the hell covered this thing with mayonnaise?" Lifted like crap on the 2" V-Bar, definitely need to practice that some more. Did okay on the DO Axle DL, getting 335#. Hard to call it a big PR, since my previous best is 300#, pulled conventional, not sumo, like I did in the contest, and it was in regular plates, not truck tires. Nonetheless, it was comforting to know I can hold onto much more weight at lockout than I previously thought possible. I will definitely implement heavy DO lockouts more often into my training sessions.

Finally, everybody's "favorite", the Hercules Hold. This was my rookie attempt at this event, and I did horrible, going just over 42 seconds. I know I was good for possibly 45-55 seconds, but I didn't use my weight to sit down a bit and take some strain off my shoulders. Oh well, just gotta remember that for next time. Highlights of this for me were: 1) seeing Scott Harris getting lifted off the ground by the weights and STILL managing to hang on and 2) Chris Rice's phenomenal run, looking so relaxed, didn't even break his focus and laugh (like everybody else did) when one of the fellow competitors does a Svend Karlsen impression, yelling out "GEE-ZER POW-ER!!"

Did okay on the medley, getting the first 5 objects in 10.84 seconds, but like everybody else said, that 45# blob was slick.

Which objects has to be lifted in the medley?

Post #56 in this thread :D

"The medley involved a 27.5 blob, a larger red blob, maybe 30-35lbs?, two 50lb scale weights, a large round chunk of steel, a SUPER SLICK 45 blob that stopped even Aaron, the Blob+6 lifter and at the end was going to be just the baby inch but the big guys wanted the real deal at the end and out it came."

Post #56 in this thread :D

"The medley involved a 27.5 blob, a larger red blob, maybe 30-35lbs?, two 50lb scale weights, a large round chunk of steel, a SUPER SLICK 45 blob that stopped even Aaron, the Blob+6 lifter and at the end was going to be just the baby inch but the big guys wanted the real deal at the end and out it came."

Thanks! And sorry for my lazyness... :dry

Did John or Chad bend the 6.5" Edgin first? Thanks.

I think they both did them in their last attempt and John would have been first if that was the case.

- Aaron

Did John or Chad bend the 6.5" Edgin first? Thanks.

John bent the 6.5 first and I knew to stay in the game...I had to step it up and get it done...luckily I did.

Thanks, guys! I've updated the Nailman's Top 20 Bending Lists.

Chad, exactly how much bending training did it take you to get to your current level?

Chad, exactly how much bending training did it take you to get to your current level?

Eric there were 2 other 6.5 edgins from what I remember. Jedd, and Dave I think

- Aaron

GEEZER POWER Video proof that Geezer's are world class.

I worked with FrankyBoy via web cam for a LONG session and then I trained 4 weeks prior to the competition.

Thanks, guys! I've updated the Nailman's Top 20 Bending Lists.Chad, exactly how much bending training did it take you to get to your current level?
I worked with FrankyBoy via web cam for a LONG session and then I trained 4 weeks prior to the competition.
That in itself is unreal! You've got some crazy untapped potential.
Thanks, guys! I've updated the Nailman's Top 20 Bending Lists.Chad, exactly how much bending training did it take you to get to your current level?
Eric there were 2 other 6.5 edgins from what I remember. Jedd, and Dave I think- Aaron
Can someone confirm the order in which Jedd, John, Dave, and Chad bent the 6.5" Edgin? Thanks.

I remember that when we picked #'s, John was #1, Chad was #9 and Jedd was 15 or 14, I don't remember Dave's #. John, Chad and Jedd were in different groups and from there I don't know about times. Hmmm, I'm not much help at all, I do know Chad was probably 2nd because I was in the same group and we came after John and Aaron's.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen