Bbb Top 5

John Beatty

1st - Chad Woodall

2nd - Aaron Corcorran

3rd - Jedd Johnson

4th - Dave Thornton

5th - Ryan Klein

It was a pretty good show, some amazing stuff done. When I can use my hands better, I'll get more info up.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• Too Tall

• acorn

• EricMilfeld

Congrats to the winners and all you lucky guys who got to participate. This is about the biggest grip event going isn't it, like in terms of # of contestants and all those cool prizes?

Congrats to all who were there,I wish I could have been there,looking forward to the pics,movies and stories.Great job guys. :rock

Great Job Guys I bet it was a blast!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Congrats guys. :rock

I'm happy to see my buddy Aaron that high in the list. :D

Big congrats to Chad and the other top placers!

Personal highlights & lows - I got an Edgin & a 6.5" Edgin. Closed a medium #3. hit 210 on the 2" Vbar, 345 on the Axle DL. About what I expected on the Medley, STANK up the Herc hold.

Ryan is the 5th??? I didn't expect that. Well done guys :rock

Congratulations to everyone competing. What an honor to finish in the Top 5 of this contest. John, congratulations on running such a fun, pretigious, and successful event, respected in the entire world of Grip and beyond.

It was awesome John! Definitely count me in next year! My highlights were bending a 5.5" G5 pretty easy, attempted and warped a G8 and my form fell apart during and after that, pulled 275 on the axle but dropped it at the bottom :angry: I was so mad, pulled 190 on the Vbar but dropped it(I still say the bar was too chalky... that's my excuse) and what else... closed my first #3 :cool I hadn't been able to train grippers the past few weeks because of the pain in my LH index finger and I know I've lost crushing strength so I was pleasantly surprised in grippers.

Found out as soon as I got home that my #2 is harder than the Easy #3 I closed and I CCS'd that thing awhile back! Also found out my #3 is harder than Beatty's RB300N! They're both pretty rusty and I'll be oiling them soon for sure.

Everyone did fantastic and it was great meeting everyone, especially the Michigan gang. John, I was really impressed by Luke's bending too! He powered through that G8 kink and with bad form too!

pics in gallery

Congrats to all who competed, sounds like a great time. :rock

Would any of the competitors care to comment on the new FBBC RB280 gripper if you got to try it?

Would any of the competitors care to comment on the new FBBC RB280 gripper if you got to try it?

It's tough. Mine is harder than my #3, it's harder than Beatty's RB300N also.

I think I speak for everyone when I say a damn good time was had by all. I think the last of us left after 1am. I closed my eyes for 20 minutes before getting up and going to the airport. :rock:blink:D Thank you very much John for putting on an awesome contest. :rock:rock The prize package is awesome and I looking forward to getting the Sword and shot loadable sledge home as I didnt want to take them on the plane :angry::D

My bests were Grippers BBSE @ 1/8 mount #3.58, 6" edgin in 1minute 7 sec ( just say the footage and it is sick), 260vbar, 355 axle, and 1minute 1.6sec in herc hold (mega pain) The Feats after were awesome and I cant even remember half of them. Closed a ton of grippers, bent a stcroix #2 ultralite into a very offcenter heart, 3finger pulled 3 25s and 2 finger pulled them half way. got a nice charlie horse in my forearm after snatching the traffic cone a few times and doing front and lateral raises with it (not strict) Clean and jerked Johns hard pair of 50# scale weights. Played with a ton of toys. armwrestled Bob Lipinski. drove a nail thru a frying pan and 3/4" pine board. My god am I sore today.

- Aaron

way to go Acorn, fantastic performance and thanks for keeping your log detailing your contest prep.

John Eaton, if you are out there.....I have a map and know how to use it.

I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to John for putting on a TOP NOTCH contest and the food after was off the charts :rock :rock :rock

It was great seeing a lot of my old grip buds...and meeting the new guys as well...everybody was cheering everyone on and that kind of brotherhood is awesome.

I am looking forward to competing next year for sure :rock

Chad