Bbb Top 5

John Beatty

WOW! HUGE congrats to all who competed...that's a great field of athletes and a sick Top 5 if I've ever seen one!!!! I can't wait for the stories, vids, write-ups, etc, etc.

Goody

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalachiMcMullen

• Too Tall

• acorn

• EricMilfeld

I had a blast again.Great bunch of guys and some incredible feats of strength.Great food after and unbelievable prize packages.I only wish that I won one of them.Maybe next year.I guess that means I should train.Thanks again John.

As usual it was a great time hanging out with old friends and meeting all the new ones - what a great bunch of people are involved in our little sport. Some mighty strong performances by quite a few people - congratulations of course to all the big dogs but to everyone else as well for an outstanding day (and night) or grip. John - you outdid yourself again! More later, I'm a little tired right now.

Great contest! all i can say is i had a bad day.

grippers: med. elite 5th place, only got my opener

bending: 6.5 edgin, tied for 2nd place. once again only my opener, could not even kink a 6" edgin.

loading: 10th place

2" v-bar: 270 2nd place Chad smoked 290

Axle: 435 1st place

H.H.: 10th place

I saw the pics cabertosser posted. I loved the look of the medley. looked like there were some interesting objects including possibly an Inch and Baby Inch (perhaps the baby one from heavygriptools unless John started making them)?

I saw the pics cabertosser posted. I loved the look of the medley. looked like there were some interesting objects including possibly an Inch and Baby Inch (perhaps the baby one from heavygriptools unless John started making them)?

There was a baby Inch and the Inch replica. I think John was considering having them made at one point but I don't think there was enough interest.

Great time. Did a 6" bastard and got 5.5 to 90 degrees or so. Did the easy elite, missed the medium by a hair. 345 axle, 220 vbar. 16th place in medley and herc hold, that is what got me to 10th place. Very happy overall and had a great time.

It was really fun & great to see everyone & make some new friends. I can't believe the food we went through after. 28lbs of meat, 10lbs of hash brown casserole, about 5lbs baked beans, 2 cheesecakes from Big Tony Scrivens.

The post contest feats were off the charts, and went on for 7 hours after the comp. I was showing guys how to drive nails through a board at 12:30 am. I did some stone loading at around 10-10:30 pm. I didn't do too much after show stuff, but was amazed at everyone else's energy. hammer curling a 6' piece of 2" solid, KB lifts/flips of all types, levering, raises, Eaton's crazy 20lb sledge work, the armwrestling, about a million gripper closes in every form, 1" hub play, caber tossing, Inch pressing, the list goes on & on & on. I, as usual, missed a lot of it, but saw more then last year. I cannot imagine how some of the guys felt Sunday. Ouch.

Sounds like you had a fantastic comp John, well done to all that competed. :rock

"BIG AL"

p.s. sent you a couple of PM's John, did you get them?

I had an awesome time as usual. I'm crunched for time but real quick, some of the most memorable moments

- Chad locking out 290 on the 2" Vbar with a hold at the top

- Chad alternating hands on the Baby Inch and Inch to finish the medley

- Ryan's 435lb deadlift that he picked up like the Sunday paper

- Climber winning the Herc Hold. Considering his age, his weight, and the field, especially the guys with Strongman experience, this was my favorite.

More later, but as usual the best part was after the contest when everybody breaks out their pet lifts

- Climber winning the Herc Hold. Considering his age, his weight, and the field, especially the guys with Strongman experience, this was my favorite.

Geezer power!! :rock :rock Heh.

Great write up Chad! Thanks and congrats again! :rock

ALL the competitors did a great job and hit many PR's :bow

Chad

So true, I know that for me at least everything I did in grippers and bending(thanks to Scott H. and Brad M.) were PR's and since I've never tried any of the events there before you could say that everything I did was a PR. I had the pleasure of being #8, right between Ryan, #7 and Chad, #9 :rolleyes so everyone had time to check their cameras between their attempts :laugh

Nice write up Chad!

Holy crap. Just noticed Aaron did 6" big G5!!!!!!! And that's a little over one minute?????!!!!!! If you did that in approx one minute, then what's your best bent? A 5.5" or a 5" edgin? :rock

Thanks to John and his family for another great Contest. John really outdid himself on the prize package. Excellent field of competitors. I came in down from last year, and was fortunate to make the top five.

The medly event was a lot of fun to compete in and watch. Jedd and Chad having enough left to lift the Inch at the end was something to see.

Being able to try out the hercules hold was a blast, especially for those of us who don't do strongman Contests. It appeared to be a very good event for grip Contests. The handles were smooth and 1 3/8". No torn hands that I know of and fun to watch.

As always there was as much lifting going on after the Contest as during.

By the way my kids are too much fun with the battle ax prize, I'm going to have to something about that.

BBB III was a great comp put on by John as normal. Thank you and your fam for all you do to put this thing on. I Would of liked to do a little better than I did but what can you do. I still had fun. I bombed the 2" v-bar and sucked up the axel so that is what really killed me. Ryan's axel dead lift was unreal!! I think Chris winning the HH hold was the biggest high light for me. We will have video up of him doing it soon. I had a great time messing with the 50k Kettlebell after and I would Like to thank Rick for bringing a Caber To mess with. That was some fun stuff!! John is the caber prodigy! He did it In like his third shoot !! In the the dark to boot. We had car lights on so we could see I put a#2 St corix light shoe into a hart easy. I need to get some harder shoes. :D Prize packs were awesome! The top 5 guys got some real nice stuff! You out did yourself once agian John!! Then when we got home we realized we forgot one of our kettlebells. Oh well just have to get it shipped.

Thanks guys - that was the longest minute and eight seconds of my life!

Thanks John for an awesome contest! Meeting all the guys and seeing those same guys doing things that I can only imagine one day doing was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Congrats to all the winners and all competitors, because I know what we all had to go through! Does anyone think the soreness will ever go away?

Dan