Global Grip Challenge 2007

Jedd Johnson

The venue has changed, guys. I finally got with the owner and got the okay today!!! We will be doing the competition in Towanda, PA instead of Sayre. The place is Edge Fitness center. Towanda is the town we held GGC in in '04 and '05.

Sorry for the late change but the garage wasn't going to work out. We've had some major problems come up with the garage and they would have been bad for the comp.

The contest will start promptly at 9 and we have to keep everything concise, so we will be testing only best hand instead of both hands. The champions will still be rightly crowned, so I don't think it will be a big deal.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• smitty

• climber511

• madss

Jedd does testing strong hand mean that in the middle of the attemps you cant switch hands or does it mean that you are only allowed to use stricly one hand or the other?eg right hand cant get it on the vbar you are not allowed to change to the left on the same attempt.Or at the beginnig of the comp you will be asking witch hand will you be using today?

Brendan

What I meant was essentially whatever your best hand at an event is, use it to your advantage. I.E. Grippers, I am a bit better right, so I will crush with my right.

The vbar and pinch are all one effort per turn, so you could switch hands anyway. This is how the Europeans are doing it, so we adopted that this year.

Are you testing both hands in the vbar for a total (i.e., each round (of 4) you first have a go with one hand and then with the other but not necessarily on the same weight)? In other words you go along two rising bar ladders, one for the right hand and another for the left hand (which is how it is done in the LGC and Euro comps). My series for the 2006 Oz comp was for example (to better explain what I mean): Round 1 (right-160k, left 142k), round 2 (right-167 miss, left 151), round 3 (right-167 miss, left 157 miss), round 4 (right 167, left 157 miss).

Any word yet on how much the rolling thunder hold will weigh?

Brent

There is not going to be enough time to test both hands in the v-bar. We are going to use the same format we have used in past years.

Here is a video of the Double RT hold... http://napalmjedd.blogspot.com/2007/04/30-...le-rolling.html

Super match?

Ok I'll super match ya in some body weight events :shifty

I am feeling good now from the injuries before Germany. Gotta start tweaking my game for the big day. :mosher

I think I'm over trained for this competition - I actually did a grip workout tonight - the first and only one I've done :tongue . At least I'll be well recovered from it I hope. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting David.

Jedd, a question - what width choices on 2 HP do we have this time, same as before? 44-54-64? Also are you going to the one attempt per turn or 30 seconds as before? I don't care but am curious is all.

one attempt per turn for the european devices.

44,48, 54, and 64 mm on the pinch.

Scott, stay off the SUV's for the next two weeks, bud.

Got it now - thanks Jedd.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ready for everything except the long drive - I hate driving. I want a transporter for Christmas. Can't wait to meet David, Brendon and Charlie, I think I know all the rest. Should be a battle royal!

We are siked to meet everyone too.We had our last workout last night it went very well and now its recovery time till the event.Going to bring some sleeping pills with me I can never sleep before contests to siked up!!!Its going to be great!!!

Brendan

Probably won't be back online until next Saturday, so I want to tell all the competitors good luck, especially my fellow tarheels. Anson and Scott, ya'll give 'em hell!

I'm ready for everything except the long drive - I hate driving. I want a transporter for Christmas. Can't wait to meet David, Brendon and Charlie, I think I know all the rest. Should be a battle royal!

Chris, It is a shame you have to make the drive alone. Wish some guys were coming with you. Be careful!

Chris, It is a shame you have to make the drive alone. Wish some guys were coming with you. Be careful!

It looks like George Champlin is coming over with me - it will be great to have some company from a guy I've wanted to meet for a while now.

climber511, sent you a pm about possibly tagging along. its saying i have no sent messages so im not sure if it sent or not.

There is a setting you have to modify in order for your account to keep sent mail. If it is not checked, they do not accumulate.

climber511, sent you a pm about possibly tagging along. its saying i have no sent messages so im not sure if it sent or not.

It came thru just fine - check your PM box and pack your bags.

Good luck to everyone competing, have some fun.

We had some family issues to solve, so I'm still in SC for a while, which sucks, but I hope everyone will have some fun. :)

Safe travels to all !