• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• smitty

• climber511

• madss

Okay, not 100% yet, but I guess I'll be there, too.

Wether I'll be competing or not, we'll see. I'll have to think about that, calculate my expenses and whatnot...

Max, it would be great to have you at the GGC as a german representative! Train hard!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, Who's all going to be coming. Let get a lineup going. :mosher

what group are you going to be in?

Looks like the only hotel is the best western. Smitty did you guys have a group rate deal going?

No group rate yet - still need to do that.

I will certainly be there!!!!

Brendan

i am planning on being there. traveling with ox. can't wait,it should be awesome.

Damn I'd love to be at this event. USA is a long way to travel from Aus though!!

Make a vacation out of it, you'll have a blast!

• 4 weeks later...
No group rate yet - still need to do that.

Any new info on the group rates and hotels ect...? I am just trying to confirm my plans...thanks.

Chad

hi all

Event 4 - Bending - We will use the Reverse technique only, using the Gripboard Rules. Variety of stocks from IronMind, Fat Bastard, along with Grade 5's and 8's will be bent.

sorry for my ignorance but why no do/du

boland

Chad - I'm checking on the hotel rate brother

Boland - DU - double underhand, DO - double overhand

I think he was asking why you're not doing DO or DU instead of Reverse.

We wanted to restrict the wrist event to a true test of wrist strength and reverse bending is the best choice for a bending event with this goal in mind.

We wanted to restrict the wrist event to a true test of wrist strength and reverse bending is the best choice for a bending event with this goal in mind.

thanks mate

Smitty

would have to politely dissagree with you there bro i reckon JB and Heslep style are both harder on the wrists maybe even DU as well.

We have come across a possible venue change which would alter the hotel location. i am going to look into this venue change this week and hopefully have the full concrete answer for everyone on hotels.

Smitty

would have to politely dissagree with you there bro i reckon JB and Heslep style are both harder on the wrists maybe even DU as well.

Gazza, you'd know what your talking about, no question about that. It's worth pointing out that reverse is an easy event to judge and a quick event to perform though - a good choice from that perspective, and it is certainly a good test of wrist strength.

Smitty

Gazza, you'd know what your talking about, no question about that. It's worth pointing out that reverse is an easy event to judge and a quick event to perform though - a good choice from that perspective, and it is certainly a good test of wrist strength.

Reverse takes the upper body out of it more than the other techniques. Remember, we're not having people crush them down to two inches. We're just having them bend the nail 40 degrees focusing on wrist strength.

In all the videos I have seen of Brookfield bending, he braced the nail against his body instantaneously and then came up and away with it, so that technique is out. Double under is a good wrist movement, but again, upper body is involved. Heslep style was not considered in the selection process.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for anyone driving in from the West on I-70 that would like to share a ride to GGC - I hate driving alone. We could meet up In Zanesville, Ohio - I don't mind taking my car the rest of the way but some company would be great.