Global Grip Challenge 2007

Jedd Johnson

Well, crap, I'm on vacation in AL that weekend, we just set it up about 2 weeks ago. I really am going to come out one of these years. Count me in as a sponsor, at least.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• smitty

• climber511

• madss

How far from Williamsport would you say that is? How do you want us to register?

Sounds like a great contest again guys!!! The rt cardeadlift set up is ingenius!!! Very smart to have a set of grippers just for the competitions as well.

I am scheduled to work that weekend and have zero senority on my new floor but I will try to put in for the time off, will see.

Jon@han

How far from Williamsport would you say that is? How do you want us to register?

about 1 1/2 hour

Sounds like a great contest again guys!!! The rt cardeadlift set up is ingenius!!! Very smart to have a set of grippers just for the competitions as well.

I am scheduled to work that weekend and have zero senority on my new floor but I will try to put in for the time off, will see.

Jon@han

get down here!

Don't think I'll be able to hit this one I'll be at the lake that week and the next day is my 13th anniversary and I' guessing Beth won't want to spend it sucking chalk dust all though I don't know why sounds like fun to me :D .

Congrats on the anniversary - gonna miss you Stew.

John Beatty, I was hoping this would be the year, darn it! Thanks for the sponsorship offer.

What is Euro pinch?

What is Euro pinch?

It is an adjustable pinch apparatus. Imagine a 2-hand pinch with the ability to make minor adjustments to the thickness. Outside plates are steel, slip-in-disk adjusters in the middle are rubber.

-Jedd-

I hope to make it this year. I'll mark the date on my calendar and see if I can do it. Count me tentative for now.

pc

I hope to make it this year. I'll mark the date on my calendar and see if I can do it. Count me tentative for now.

pc

get up there! glad your planning to come :mosher

Do we need to send some money and registration? Or, am I jumping the gun? About how heavy will the rolling thunder timed hold be?

Brent

The registration forms will be up in time.

The set up and weights for the rolling thunder hold will be taken care of once we get the whether to pull out the equipment from the garage.

Thanks.

-Jedd-

Just to tell the guys in the U.S. I am strongly thinking about coming over for this contest this year if all goes well with my shoulder, my training, my contest performance at the Brits, and lastly the finances.

David

Just to tell the guys in the U.S. I am strongly thinking about coming over for this contest this year if all goes well with my shoulder, my training, my contest performance at the Brits, and lastly the finances.

David

David,

that would be awesome :mosher Good luck buddy with everything :rock

Will you be in Germany for the MCG?

Chad

Hope you can make it over the pond David, oh damn I'll have to compete against you......

Chad,

No I won't be in Germany as it's the same day as the Brits, and I'm using that as my warm up. We'll hopefully meet up in August.

Aanson,

Be good to meet you.

Smitty,

I'll reply to your pm now.

David

The name is Global Grip Challenge - let's be as Global as possible - hope you and maybe some others can make it over this time.

We may want to have a wheel chair on hand for Chris this year :whistel He will need to conserve his energy to be able to finish the comp :upsidedwn:upsidedwn:upsidedwn

Just kidding Geezer

Chad

We may want to have a wheel chair on hand for Chris this year :whistel He will need to conserve his energy to be able to finish the comp :upsidedwn:upsidedwn:upsidedwn

Just kidding Geezer

Chad

Hey I won't even be 60 until next year - not over the hill quite yet. Someday you may be right Chad, right now I think I can manage with just a walker - I don't look at it as age - just experience :tongue . I haven't been training grip much lately (well any I guess), mostly doing Olympic lifting and a bit of indoor climbing - set a couple PRs anyway so all is not over quite yet. The time off let me heal up a few problems I was having with my elbows so we'll see how things work as I start back into the grip work here soon. Don't you guys go counting ole Climber out just yet! I think I might have a couple good days left in me.

Bookmarked it gentlemen. I will be down for this one. Looking into flights right now.

-Sean

Very good to see that we will be making this a truly Global contest. both with members of England and that other far off country, Alaska.

• 4 weeks later...

The rules are now available for everyone to see.

Global Grip Challenge 2007 - Rules

If you have any questions, please post them here so everyone will get a chance to view the discussion. If anything doesn't look right, let me know.

David Horne indicated that in the European contests, the athletes get only one effort to try to lift the implement, so we are transitioning to that standard this year. It'll be just like a Powerlifting contest.

Thanks.

-Jedd-

Judging from other contests I have done - it seems that going from 190 to 210 on the two hand pinch will result in a large number of people landing at the 190 mark - I think including 200 as one of the weights would be a good idea and result in fewer ties. 200# on 2HP seems to be the milestone weight for many of us - be nice to get a shot at it in competition. I mean 200# is still a top ten in the world lift at the moment!