Global Grip Challenge 2007

Jedd Johnson

I agree with Chris, many have a goal 2 hand pinch of 200 pounds. And the jump from 190 to 210 seems a tad Sasquatchian :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• smitty

• climber511

• madss

It's $50. My bad. Point well taken on the 200 pound mark.

I agree with Chris, many have a goal 2 hand pinch of 200 pounds. And the jump from 190 to 210 seems a tad Sasquatchian :)

I like this word! I am going to use it everyday. :D

good point on the 200lbs.

Some questions David Horne asked. His questions are in black. My answers is red:

1. Entry fee is $50 at the top, but $60 at the bottom. It is 50.

2. How many attempts per hand are allowed on the grippers? 3 turns per person. 1 try per hand each turn. 1 effort per turn per hand. So I go right handed for the 2 and i either hit it or miss it. From there, I gather my thoughts and set up for the left hand.

3. I didn't know you were doing the hand sizes this year. Anyway my hand is just over 7.5", so can I do the Large Hand class as well? Yes if you are over 7.76 then you are in the large hand group.

4. On the Two Hands Pinch Lift, say I start at 230lbs as my first attempt, what lifts can I do above 230lb? Anything you want, smallest denomination is 2.5 pounds, at this time.

5. On the V bar, what weight is there above 385lb? Anything you want, smallest denomination is 2.5 pounds, at this time.

6. On the reverse bending you have the degrees bent at 60 degrees. Is this right, as our lists, and John Beatty's list are 40 degrees. 40 degrees is what it should say. My bad - I will get it updated.

7. Will the bending stock be calibrated, say be Eric Milfeld? I hadn't considered this as an option.

Thanks.

A 1RM will be cool for the Rolling Thunder event...especially using the car deadlift...that would be a crowd pleaser :mosher

All the other events...right on :mosher

Chad

I hear you, but I am afraid it would take too long considering we are testing both hands in the grippers and the vbar.

Well, I havent trained grip in over a year. And on my right hand my thumb is broken, and still not healed. But I think I shall try and make it despite no PR's. Its always fun regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a demonstration of the Rolling Thunder Hold over at my blog. Looks liek it is going to work out real nice.

looks awesome jedd,that should work out real good.

What's the matter Smitty, it wasn't heavy was it? :D

You impress me, Jedd and Smitty. The way you organize it all. Thumbs up!

Good luck to all the competitors!

Mats

What they have not told you is that you have to hold it and smoke a cigarette :upsidedwn Smitty was already down to the filter if you look closely :tongue

That is going to be an awesome event.

Very easy to jump off the floor, but when it is in your hands - you fatigue very quickly.

Great idea guys!! that will be a challenging addition to the lineup!

I like the idea of an endurance event as a "finisher" - looks nice - but mean :tongue

Smitty/Jedd,

Mark me down as a tentative - even if I don't compete, I'd like to get back to PA and meet the gang.

Goody

Edited by Goody

Awesome Vid!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, not 100% yet, but I guess I'll be there, too.

Wether I'll be competing or not, we'll see. I'll have to think about that, calculate my expenses and whatnot...

Okay, not 100% yet, but I guess I'll be there, too.

Wether I'll be competing or not, we'll see. I'll have to think about that, calculate my expenses and whatnot...

Max that would be great, hope you can make it over and compete. America is cheap compared to Germany standards. if you need any help on anything let me know.