Theo Burrgraff 186.5kg/411lbs Vertical Bar Lift!

Nick McKinless

congrats on that great lift Theo :mosher you are the man to beat now . i have never entered a grip contest and may never get into one . but one things for sure if i could lift that much on vbar i would not compete unless the weights were calibrated . and every contest or grip get together should be mandatory to have them . just for this sake . but for now you own the unofficial record great job :flame

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• Mike Betty

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Theo for an excellent lift.

It wasn't too long ago we were discussing who would be the first to pull up 400 pounds in competition.

Even if the plates weighed out light, the lift was most likely over 400 pounds. I'm not sure what Jim Wylie has done on the bar, but 411 pounds is even the highest training lift that I have heard of.

congrats on that great lift Theo :mosher you are the man to beat now . i have never entered a grip contest and may never get into one . but one things for sure if i could lift that much on vbar i would not compete unless the weights were calibrated . and every contest or grip get together should be mandatory to have them . just for this sake . but for now you own the unofficial record great job :flame

I await your contribution to my calibrate Mobsters plates fund... :tongue

sorry mobsterone on your big lift to i was caught up in the story i forgot congrats :mosher ps you will be waiting a long time as is i am just a poor man with low funds :tongue

It's ridiculous, geeky, over the top treatment of lifts and competitions in the grip world that separate grip training from being known as a 'cool' or 'good' thing to do for the rest of the Iron Game sports like Powerlifting etc. It is known as being Grip Gay on many other boards and forums and I can see why. Whine, whine, whine...

I almost never post on this forum and this is exactly why.

Very well said Nick these are also 100% compatible with my own feelings

sorry mobsterone on your big lift to i was caught up in the story i forgot congrats :mosher ps you will be waiting a long time as is i am just a poor man with low funds :tongue

He he - spare a buck Mister? ;)

Hello all,

I think that Theo's V-bar lift was a fantastic achievement, we should all unite in our congratulations, we should be inspired by his achievement - anyone who trains on the V-bar will now be in no doubt that 400lbs+ performances are possible.

I feel that Theo will gain confidence from this great lift and I would not be suprised if he raises the bar, so to speak, even higher. It takes guts for anyone to go further than they have before, unchartered waters are frightening, but the rewards can be great.

Calibrated weights/un-calibrated weights - Theo lifted them, and I am not sure if anyone else out there could, but he did.

Laine - old, fat and knackered - but still having a go.

Hello all,

I think that Theo's V-bar lift was a fantastic achievement, we should all unite in our congratulations, we should be inspired by his achievement - anyone who trains on the V-bar will now be in no doubt that 400lbs+ performances are possible.

I feel that Theo will gain confidence from this great lift and I would not be suprised if he raises the bar, so to speak, even higher. It takes guts for anyone to go further than they have before, unchartered waters are frightening, but the rewards can be great.

Calibrated weights/un-calibrated weights - Theo lifted them, and I am not sure if anyone else out there could, but he did.

Laine - old, fat and knackered - but still having a go.

Laine well said mate and Theo awesome lifting no LIMITS Matey.

regardless of grip not having a governing body and yada yada yada, the lift is still equivilant to a gym lift.

Every other sport has records in competition only.

It is a great lift, but when he does it in competition, then it will be the new WR.

Great lifts from both guys. I had a sneaky feeling that Steve would win but thought Theo might give him a shock along the way - and the v-bar lift certainly qualified as one of those.

I am looking forward to more supermatches - maybe Steve vs Theo II at some point? You guys have certainly made it sound like you both had a barrel of laughs.

That kind of weight already feels heavy on an horizontal bar, with two hands.

Unreal! :whacked

Congrats Theo!!

:laugh

well said!!!!

I totally agree - That was unreal!

VERY WELL DONE THEO!!!!

Helluva lift, Theo! Congratulations!

Thanks for bringing this up Nick!

I thank everyone for the congrats, responds are really overwhelming! I didn't really realize i did such a great job after just reading and seeing the recognizion i get from all the top guys!

I still feel there is a lot of room to grow, i just do my thing, have laughs and enjoy everyone's company. Pressure has been set, and i'll be hitting the gym hard since the competition is in May and i know what i am supposed to do.

Thanks again, and thanks Laine for giving me props on the Ironmind site. You weren't too bad yourself for an old geezer ;)

Theo's lifts were worth my petrol coming down from Stafford! :mosher

They were never going to be world records as we knew before the discs were not calibrated, and well that's fair enough.

But I did offer to bring my calibrated plates down, but then the lifts still wouldn't count in Mikael's list. And well that's all this is, is a list by one person, because with no governing body anybody could type up a list. A governing body was always the way to go, what sports don't have a governing body? As Thorsten answered = Grip! :tongue

Anyway, I cannot see how the pressure of a supermatch is not more than a little local contest, where all bar one competitor is average and the good competitor goes on to take a record!

I have a question for powerlifters. Do they have Bench only comps where you could take the record?

David

Yes David they do. But they do have two records it think one that is bench only and one that is for the 3 lifts. But there are lots of federations on power lifting i can only answer for BAWL.

There is also, which has happened, where the lifter takes token lifts and only 'canes it' on the lift he came to beat. Benni did this with his WR deadlift a few months back. He took a 140-kilo squat and bench and then went all out for his 937 or 941 (?) lift.

Token lifting is an accepted, if "frowned upon", practice in PL. However, I believe some feds have rules which negate the benefit of doing this, as you have to lift so much on each lift for any record to count.

In some feds, the bench record is the bench record regardless of whether it was a 3 lift comp or not.

In others, a 3 lift contest bench record can only be set in a 3 lift meet. Some also have rules that you need to do a certain amount in the other lifts.

Steerong.