British Nail Bending Champs III

Entrance fee

£4 fee for the bending to cover costs.

British Rolling Thunder Champs

Rules

http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/export/Iro...ingthunder.html

British Pinch Lift Champs II

Two Hands Pinch Lift

The width of the pinch apparatus is adjustable to suit different hand sizes. Before the event starts, you will be given the opportunity to try it and find your best width. The smooth-sided, adjustable-width disc is held on a 2” thick metal rod by a pair of collars. Extra weights will be added to the outsides. The top of this is grasped with an overhand pinch grip (with no further than a 3” gap between the index fingers) and lifted until the end of the bar touches a horizontal stick placed at 16.5” from the floor. There is no referee’s signal. You do not have to be erect upon completion. You must lower the weight under control. If the outer discs accidentally touch the stick before the bar itself, referee’s discretion will be used to judge whether the correct height was attained. Pinch gripping the discs using an unorthodox underhand grip will not be allowed.

A rising bar will be used on this event.

Four attempts will be allowed.

For all events, no wrist straps, gloves, wrapping or taping of any kind will be allowed on any event.

British Hub Lifting Champs II

1 One Hand Hub Lift with 45lb disc and extra weight

2. One Hand Triple Hub Lift

1 One Hand Hub Lift with 45lb disc and extra weight

A Ben Standard Barbell 45lb disc will be used.

The lifter will straddle the disc, and grasping the hub with finger tips will lift the disc and extra weight to a height of mid knees or above. The lift ends with the referee's signal, and then you must lower the disc under control. If the weights fall off at anytime during the lift, this is a cause for failure.

2. One Hand Triple Hub Lift

A Triple Hub (from Stan Pike) will be used, and only the top hub used.

The lifter will straddle the apparatus, and grasping the top hub with finger tips will lift the Triple Hub to a height of mid knees or above. The lift ends with the referee's signal, and then you must lower it under control.

Four attempts will be allowed on each event.

The top lift on each of the 2 events will be added together for an overall total.

Only one hand will be tested.

For all events, no wrist straps, gloves, wrapping or taping of any kind will be allowed on any event.

British Bar Bending Champs III

1. Double Overhand bending in 2 mins

2. Reverse bending in 30 secs

3. Double Underhand bending in 30 secs

4. Unbraced snapping of Challenge Bar in 10 mins

(All bending is done unbraced)

1. Double Overhand bending in 2 mins.

Usual unbraced rules apply, except all the bend has to be done in the double overhand style. Time limit of 2 minutes. http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=5558

2. Reverse bending in 30 secs.

Same rules as unbraced bending rules apply except all the bend has to be done in the reverse style.

1. For reverse bending you must attain a 45 degree plus angle of bend for bars/bolts from 6 inches upwards, and 40 degree plus angle of bend for bars/bolts below 6 inches.

2. The bend must be completed within 30 seconds. The bender may notify the witness that he's ready to start the bend, after which the witness will give the bender a signal to start the bend. The clock will start when the witness gives the signal to start the bend.

3. No part of competitor’s hands or forearms may touch the body. Upper arm down to elbow is allowed contact with chest/stomach.

3. Double Underhand Bending in 30 secs.

Same rules as unbraced bending rules apply except all the bend has to be done in the double underhand style.

1. For double underhand bending you must attain a 45 degree plus angle of bend for bars/bolts from 6 inches upwards, and 40 degree plus angle of bend for bars/bolts below 6 inches.

2. The bend must be completed within 30 seconds. The bender may notify the witness that he's ready to start the bend, after which the witness will give the bender a signal to start the bend. The clock will start when the witness gives the signal to start the bend.

4. Unbraced snapping of Challenge Bar in 10 mins

Snap a Challenge Bar in an unbraced fashion.

Usual unbraced rules apply. Time limit of 10 minutes. http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=5558

Three attempts will be allowed on each event.

Lifting order and scoring is strongman style, i.e. last placed competitor goes first in the next event, and points are awarded 10pts – 1pt for say 10 competitors. In the event of a tie in an event, the points of those positions are combined and then halved.

Please tell me ASAP who wants to come and participate. Usually we go for a big steak after the comp.

David

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• twig

• LAINE SNOOK

• 1 month later...

Month to go!

It should be a great day, with hopefully some blinding lifts and feats!

Anyway, have bought a 25kg Hampton disc for hub lifting so we've added this into the Hub Champs - should be fun!

Rules

1 One Hand Hub Lift with 45lb disc, or 25kg disc, and extra weight

A Ben Standard Barbell 45lb disc, or Hampton 25kg disc will be used.

The lifter will straddle the disc, and grasping the hub with finger tips will lift the disc and extra weight to a height of mid knees or above. The lift ends with the referee's signal, and then you must lower the disc under control. If the weights fall off at anytime during the lift, this is a cause for failure. One lift with the heavier/tougher 25k disc will better any amount of weight lifted on the 45lb disc. Before advancing with added weight on the 45lb or 25k disc the disc alone must be lifted.

A rising bar will be used on this event, but you can go down from the 25k disc to the 45lb disc.

Laine Snook and Elizabeth Horne will be going at the world records on the Rolling Thunder, and we have Ivanko calibrated discs for the day!

Hopefully I can get a big Two Hands Pinch Lift.

Big Hub lifts, massive bends, and then big steaks and a beer!

Please tell me who is coming to either compete, or spectate.

Thanks,

David

I'm hoping 2 or 3 will come down and have a go at the pinch and who knows maybe give Laine something to chew on ;)

Month to go!

It should be a great day, with hopefully some blinding lifts and feats!

Anyway, have bought a 25kg Hampton disc for hub lifting so we've added this into the Hub Champs - should be fun!

Rules

1 One Hand Hub Lift with 45lb disc, or 25kg disc, and extra weight

A Ben Standard Barbell 45lb disc, or Hampton 25kg disc will be used.

The lifter will straddle the disc, and grasping the hub with finger tips will lift the disc and extra weight to a height of mid knees or above. The lift ends with the referee's signal, and then you must lower the disc under control. If the weights fall off at anytime during the lift, this is a cause for failure. One lift with the heavier/tougher 25k disc will better any amount of weight lifted on the 45lb disc. Before advancing with added weight on the 45lb or 25k disc the disc alone must be lifted.

A rising bar will be used on this event, but you can go down from the 25k disc to the 45lb disc.

Laine Snook and Elizabeth Horne will be going at the world records on the Rolling Thunder, and we have Ivanko calibrated discs for the day!

Hopefully I can get a big Two Hands Pinch Lift.

Big Hub lifts, massive bends, and then big steaks and a beer!

Please tell me who is coming to either compete, or spectate.

Thanks,

David

Hello David,

I will down for the Rolling Thunder, and may have a go at something on the Inch as well.

If you could let me know what system you are using - rounds or rising bar, it would be a great help.

Maybe Steve could bring along his Millenium and we could have a Millenium/Inch Deadlift contest followed(together) by an Inch clean contest?

Let me know,

Laine

Steve

If you bring the Millennium bell, then you and Laine can have some fun with the Inch and your bell.

Laine,

We will use IronMind's rules below, and run the contest as a rising bar with 4 attempts being allowed after warm ups.

Rolling Thunder® Contest Rules

1) An authentic IronMind® Rolling Thunder® handle must be used, it cannot have been modified in any way, and it must be inspected to ensure that it revolves freely. The lift starts with the weight in between the lifter's feet. In the world championships (and the U.S. nationals), the 15" loading pin and large carabiner that IronMind¨ sells are used (this standardizes the lifting height). Any other loading pin and carabiner with the same dimensions could be used.

2) The lifter grabs the Rolling Thunder handle in approximately its center and lifts with the handle remaining approximately parallel to the ground. A thumbless grip is not permitted.

3) Any contact between the lifter's hand and the non-revolving portion of the handle disqualifies the lift.

4) The lifter must fully straighten up; once standing straight, the lifter gets a down signal from the referee, and must then return the weight to the ground. Contact must be maintained between the lifter's hand and the handle until the weight is resting on the floor. The referee then indicates whether the lift was passed or not.

5) In contest situations, we give the lifter one minute to complete the lift after his/her name is called; during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter may try to complete the lift.

6) Ordinary chalk may be used on the lifter's hand, but nothing else is permitted (tacky, for example, is specifically disallowed).

Hope this helps,

David

Steve

If you bring the Millennium bell, then you and Laine can have some fun with the Inch and your bell.

Laine,

We will use IronMind's rules below, and run the contest as a rising bar with 4 attempts being allowed after warm ups.

1) An authentic IronMind® Rolling Thunder® handle must be used, it cannot have been modified in any way, and it must be inspected to ensure that it revolves freely. The lift starts with the weight in between the lifter's feet. In the world championships (and the U.S. nationals), the 15" loading pin and large carabiner that IronMind¨ sells are used (this standardizes the lifting height). Any other loading pin and carabiner with the same dimensions could be used.

2) The lifter grabs the Rolling Thunder handle in approximately its center and lifts with the handle remaining approximately parallel to the ground. A thumbless grip is not permitted.

3) Any contact between the lifter's hand and the non-revolving portion of the handle disqualifies the lift.

4) The lifter must fully straighten up; once standing straight, the lifter gets a down signal from the referee, and must then return the weight to the ground. Contact must be maintained between the lifter's hand and the handle until the weight is resting on the floor. The referee then indicates whether the lift was passed or not.

5) In contest situations, we give the lifter one minute to complete the lift after his/her name is called; during that minute, there is no limit to how many times the lifter may try to complete the lift.

6) Ordinary chalk may be used on the lifter's hand, but nothing else is permitted (tacky, for example, is specifically disallowed).

Hope this helps,

David

David,

I forgot to ask if you were doing a l/hand + r/hand contest or a pull the most wins arrangement?

Let me know,

Laine

Laine,

On the Rolling Thunder it is one handed only for this comp. Highest lift wins, which in this case will be whatever you pull.

David,

I forgot to ask if you were doing a l/hand + r/hand contest or a pull the most wins arrangement?

Let me know,

Laine

On the day we will be using a brand new RT handle supplied by Randy Strossen.

It's all set now, all they have to do is lift the weights.

David

Steve

Laine,

Hope this helps,

David

Sounds like a plan - I'll ask the chaps

• 2 weeks later...
:D Two weeks to go,who is up for it any names yet,all being well i will be there!

Hi Max,

As far as I know right now, on the day there will be;

Me

Laine Snook

Jim Wylie

Dave Johnson

Richard Scott

Dave Warrilow

Elizabeth Horne

Alex Horne

Steve Gardener and friends

Nick McKinless (if back)

Yourself

Any others?

David

David, I'm free to come down (Paul Wood), but will probably just do the pinch, maybe the RT and spectate the other two if that's ok?

I anyone else going from the Gloucester area? I'm looking for a lift up (will help with fuel costs) and wanna have a go at cracking 100-kilos on the pinch and maybe pushing Laine a little. So I need a seat. I'd prefer an early up, long stay and late back but will go with the driver as and when - anyone??

Sorry David I won't be back as I am havign trouble getting a flight out of Australia. Steve...just walk...you need the exercise codger... :rolleyes

Nick

No problem Nick.

It's a beautiful day here today, hopefully it'll be the same next week. :yikes

Oh and we're sticking a V Bar in as well due to a request from Jim. So a little extra to go at.

David

:D its a crackin day here too,lets hope for next week that the fire is not needed :laugh ,V-bar never trained it or even had a go on one,but im up for any challenge,i might even surprise myself!

Yes it's been stunning weather - vest weather, and not a fire in sight!

Next week you can do any or none of the events. I'll ref the Rolling Thunder (except for Elizabeth's lifts), V bar and Bending, as I won't be doing those events, and participate in the Pinch and Hub.

David

I've just arrived in the office (well, not just, about an hour ago, I'm not that lazy!) to find they've tinted all the windows, so it's a glorious day outside, and we've got the lights on cos it looks like dusk!

You will insist on holding this grip meet on my birthday!