Becoming The King

CoC#3

28/11/06

oly lifting

Did some clean and jerks. Worked up to 110kg which was easy but i missed the 2nd jerk on balance issues.

Then i did some very explosive singles at 105kg

pinch

2x15kg plates - singles and triples, verying using all fingers and 2 fingers

2x20kg plates - finger press method, then negatives and passes from hand to hand

2x15kg plates - carried these from one side of the gym to another in a pinch grip

light vbar

singles with 110kg. Easy.

grippers

no set work and sets of 15-20 reps with a both handles filed #2.

extensors

high reps - using thick rubber bands

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• Teemu I

• Chrisx9118

• lifesnotfair

This is going to be a great log. If you're closing the 4 in a choker, you're probably pretty close to the #3 cert, yes? Give 'er hell! :devil

Thanks Cannon.

I believe if the #3 in question is not a mutant one it won't be too hard for me. I just need to refine my CCS work to be sure. I am going to do it after Christmas if all goes well.

Cool log! This will be a hot one to watch.

Thanks Ox for your support.

29/11/06

grippers

all the max effort grip stuff tonight were PRs

LH

hose clamp work with RB260. Sets of 5 reps.

5 reps filed CoC#2 with 2 fingers

attempt at filed CoC#3 with 2 fingers - 1/4''off

closes of #1 with ring/pinky only

closes of trainer with ring/pink only

TNS #1 2 fingers 6 easy reps

then rested the left because of a sore wrist!

RH

hose clamp work and with RB260. Overcrushes.

5 reps filed CoC#2 with 2 fingers

Held the filed #3 at 1mm from closed for 3 sets of 10 seconds

attempt at filed CoC#3 with 2 fingers - very close, failed on the filed bit though. Then i forced it in 3 times.

closed the HG400 with 2 fingers for 2 reps

attempts at BBE with 2 fingers - MMS - 1/2'' off.

attempt at TNS filed #2 with 2 fingers - 1/2'' or so off.

TNS #1 2 fingers 6 easy reps

pinch work

hub stuff

6'' pinch block ('pinchmonster') - 20kg right full lift / 20kg to knee left

armwrestling traning

2'' axle wrist curls

82kgx4x2 (hard)

50kgx15

You seem to have very strong index and middle fingers. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man. When the other 2 fingers could come up to par the #4 will grow scared.

vbar - a vertical pole usually 1'' thick. If you want to try out vbar use a power rack pin and load it with weighst and see how much you can lift.

My current wrist curl ability is 100kgx3 in a strict manner using full ROM, with the bar being curled over my knees. I almost got 120kgx1 but my heels came off the floor so, as per the grip board records page, this would have been disallowed.

I do not think 140kg would be a world record for this lift. Still, to get over 300lbs would be cool.

vbar - a vertical pole usually 1'' thick. If you want to try out vbar use a power rack pin and load it with weighst and see how much you can lift.

My current wrist curl ability is 100kgx3 in a strict manner using full ROM, with the bar being curled over my knees. I almost got 120kgx1 but my heels came off the floor so, as per the grip board records page, this would have been disallowed.

I do not think 140kg would be a world record for this lift. Still, to get over 300lbs would be cool.

thats awsome COC#3 i knew someone who could writscurl about 85kg and his forearms where HUGE but he did high repetitions and rolled the bar to the tips of his fingers.

I used to do these too but i injured myself 5 years ago and my wrist is still not fully healed....never ever make a sudden movement with heavy wristcurls !

Sorry to get a bit off topic, it's great to have your log here Sam!! But I just thought I'd mention to EmEx: Josh Dale has repped 250lbs Wrist Curls recently. He's been wanting to get a rep with 300lbs and has attempted it at least a couple of times, getting it to parallel but not locking it out. But he's close, he's gotten 275 *I think*. He's jad on this board :) Oh and yeah, from what bencrush said after BBB2, he has very muscular forearms.

oly squat

olympic squats

140kgx5

160kgx1 (very easy) both PRs

high box squat

160kgx5

160kgx5

200kgx5

18'' deadlifts - oly bar

all double overhand

60kgx5

100kgx5

140kgx5

180kgx3

hook grip

220kgx1

260kgx1

mixed grip

280kgx1 PR

300kgx1 easy PR with 20kg or so in the tank! TAT managed to pull this fairly easily aswell (without straps!)

180kgx5 double overhand

180kgx12 hook grip, explosive shrug at the top of each rep

shrugs

180kgx5

220kgx5 hook grip

100kgx12

grippers

15,19,15 reps with HG400 wanted 20 but oh well (PR)

inverted Hg400 closes

6 reps RB260 in 1'' choker (PR)

RB260 overcrushes 5 secs

HG400 closes with 2 fingers

extensors

incline dumbells

30kgx5

40kgx5 (taking it easy because of AC joint)

bicep work

Edited by CoC#3

REHAB WORK

contrast baths

extensors

powerball several spins at ~11000rpm and ~8500 with hooked wrist

gentle rehab powerball at ~4000-5000rpm for 1 hour while watching TV (alternate hands every 5 mins)

hands feel fresh now and ready to do the pinch work i have planned for the morning!

Nice log you have over here bro. I will probably start a grip log over here as well. :rock

Thanks Chris.

You just have tendons of steel if all of that 2 finger work doesn't result in an injury.

funny you shoudl say that mate. Today is sprained my middle finger tendon and now the pain shoots right up my forearm, causing stiffness and a dull pain in my forearm flexor. I did it doing eagle loops.

01/12/06

grippers

negatives

5 with the #4

4 with the BB PRO

forced overcrushes

2 5 second holds on the #4

pinch

30 full deadlifts each hand with 2 15kg plates

hub

4 singles with 22.5kg

5x20kg PR

hub cable rows

hub lat pulldown

eagle loops

using 1 finger of each hand

60kgx5

100kgx1

140kgx1

160kgx1 (easy - equal PR)

180kgxfail and this injured my right forearm. While doing this pain shot up my finger and up into my forearm. Definately not a tear but it will need some rest. It hurts to bend my middle finger back, so i have taped it to the ring finger for support and now it is fine.

Rehab is going to involve high reps with the trainer and #1, powerball use and extensor work. What an arse!

I think something like this was inevitable with using the eagle loops as heavily as you do. Using them heavy this often seems like it would kill your strength, rather than build it.

I think something like this was inevitable with using the eagle loops as heavily as you do. Using them heavy this often seems like it would kill your strength, rather than build it.

Until this injury they have done nothing but improve my strength. They have really helped my sweep on bigger grippers. I like them, and i would suggest them to all grip trainees but i would also suggest to be really careful with them. I am strong on the loops, so they tend to turn into an ego luift with my mates at the gym cheerin' me on!!! :D:blush

I am consdiering selling them after this injury.