Strong Handshake

BRETTY1

WHATS THE BEST EXERCISES FOR A HANDSHAKE LIKE ROBOCOP.

WHAT ORDER WOULD THEY GO IN.

IM A NEWBIE SO ALL INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT :rock

I've read a couple different places that Ed Coan actually couldn't even close a CoC #2 the first time one was handed to him. Crushing grip for closing grippers doesn't seem to get very developed in even the world's strongest men, unless they specifically train for crushing grip.

Why?

Hi wes theres a bloke in the local bar who is said to have broke

a mans hand by squeezing it to hard i believe it as everytime he comes into the bar

you just know what he's gonna do he likes to see the agony in peoples faces

you got any ideas? :rock

Why?

a mans hand by squeezing it to hard i believe it as everytime he comes into the bar

Dont shake his hand!

;)Guy sounds like he's got some problems :blink

Why?

A well placed head butt or kick in the nads usually will work. :inno

- Aaron

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I always resented guys who seemed to try to intimidate me with a real strong knuckle-grinding handshake. I don't think I ever met such a guy who I didn't immediately think, "I could kick this putz's a** in a frickin' nanosecond," but of course usually just blow it off. Maybe some of the members of this board would be a different matter altogether, but in my limited real-world experience, guys who shake your hand ultra-hard right off the bat, (1) have problems; (2) usually aren't all that tough in the first place (IMO).

Generally people that shake your hand especially hard without knowing you are pricks... it's different if it's like your buddy trying to mess around with you or something.

It seems that when shaking peoples hands hard if someone immediately goes with a really hard grip and tries to grind your knuckles you have to be much stronger than them to be able to squeeze hard from that position and give them a taste of their own medicine.(or just have bigger hands then them)

Some jagoff tried to do that to me at work recently, somehow I knew it was coming and I was prepared.

He held onto my hand, so I turned on the power (i.e. my own crushing strength), and then with my other hand I grabbed his wrist and gave him a - shall we say - LARGE squeeze! :cool I was looking at him dead in the face, with an expression like, "You don't own me". Needless to say, he let go rather quickly. :D

• Haha 1

Firm handshake gives the impression that you are a reliable person. Trying to demolish other person's hand gives the impression that you haven't grown up and have some issues. If you feel like you are strong you simply don't need to do something that stupid.

Grippers are handy to carry around, most idiots get humbled by them.

• Like 1

Teemu i agree, i happen to have a #1 and #2 on me when i was with some guys, and one of them constantly is saying how strong he is, mind you the guys here all play football, wow ooo, haha, well i said oh yeah you must be strong dude here try this, i grabbed my # 1 no setted it close 3 times and then went "eh just a gripper" he grabbed it and laughed and couldn't get it to within a half inch, his face was priceless and the looks from my buddies and his was even better. no more crushing handshakes from him, he has been humbled.

My thinking is that someone with a good firm handshake usually has a larger than normal hand and that's where the leverage come into play. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have a good crush strength; some guys that I've handed my #2 to couldn't do anything with it, yet these guys could not be considered as "weak". And of course, there are the bozos out there :angry: that have something to prove either to you or to themselves and a 'crushing handshake' is how they like to do it. Huh, not to me they don't!! :)

Teemu i agree, i happen to have a #1 and #2 on me when i was with some guys, and one of them constantly is saying how strong he is, mind you the guys here all play football, wow ooo, haha, well i said oh yeah you must be strong dude here try this, i grabbed my # 1 no setted it close 3 times and then went "eh just a gripper" he grabbed it and laughed and couldn't get it to within a half inch, his face was priceless and the looks from my buddies and his was even better. no more crushing handshakes from him, he has been humbled.

OWNED! :cool

My thinking is that someone with a good firm handshake usually has a larger than normal hand and that's where the leverage come into play. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have a good crush strength; some guys that I've handed my #2 to couldn't do anything with it, yet these guys could not be considered as "weak". And of course, there are the bozos out there :angry: that have something to prove either to you or to themselves and a 'crushing handshake' is how they like to do it. Huh, not to me they don't!! :)

I agree with this. I met a new dumbass at work last night. You know how the story goes. He wanted me to squeeze his hand.........blah blah blah. Then wanted to arm wrestle blah blah blah.........I just happened to have a phone book and deck of cards in my tool box. I gave him the book and he tried the sideways fanned out technique and couldn't get it. I showed him the V way in slow motion, then quartered a deck of cards and asked if he still wanted to arm wrestle. To my surprise he said yes. He is one of those big handed guys that thinks he is strong.

I have a strongman contest in 2 days so I didn't fall for the armwrestling match. We'll do that next week. Maybe I can get him frustrated with a #3 until then.

I agree with this. I met a new dumbass at work last night. You know how the story goes. He wanted me to squeeze his hand.........blah blah blah. Then wanted to arm wrestle blah blah blah.........I just happened to have a phone book and deck of cards in my tool box. I gave him the book and he tried the sideways fanned out technique and couldn't get it. I showed him the V way in slow motion, then quartered a deck of cards and asked if he still wanted to arm wrestle. To my surprise he said yes. He is one of those big handed guys that thinks he is strong.

I have a strongman contest in 2 days so I didn't fall for the armwrestling match. We'll do that next week. Maybe I can get him frustrated with a #3 until then.

Humiliate that guy! :D

I love these stories :rock

• 2 weeks later...

try not to break his knuckles when you slam his hand into the table, Gary :D

I disagree... I want to see the imprint of the back of his hand mashed into the table. :tongue

We layed down a sheet of cardboard. His wrist flopped back like a dead fish :trout which left a very nice print of the knuckles in the cardboard. He said i hurt his wrist. I wanted to try it in the straps but he refused :rolleyes

• 2 months later...

I have a friend who will shake your hand extra hard, but what is even worst, he doesn't squeeze your hand in the middle like you would normally shake their hand in... he squeezes the finger tips so even if you have the strongest hands in the world you wouldn't be able to squeeze back, cause its not a real hand shake its a finger shake.... it makes no sense to me at all why he does this the only conclusion I can come up with is that he is worried I might hurt him cause he knows I'm stronger than him.... the last time he did this to me I took his wrist grabbed it and shuved his hand in the right placement of a authentic normal hand shake and than shook his hand.... I think that sent him the message

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday some idiot from work tried to crunch my hand in a hand shake and has hurt me pretty bad, I have small hands (6.5 inch) and he ground my knuckles hard. He is a contract steam fitter where I am an engineer and is huge, with massive strength. I told him about my grippers and took them in, he managed to just about close my hg250, but not my 06 IM #2. We all had a good laugh and he held out his hand to shake mine. I obliged, which is when he clamped on. He wouldn't let go, despite me shouting and so recieved a cauliflower bean bag with steel toe cap boots.

My hand has been x-rayed and nothing is broken, but it still really hurts to clench a fist. The knuckles on my index and midle fingers are swollen and feel hot to the touch. Anyone got any ideas how to help them heal up? I was wondering about contrast baths, and gentle movement, and thought maybe someone might have some experience.

Deano

If someone is being a real jerk about shaking hands, just do either one of two things(both generally worse than just crushing their hand in a normal handshake). 1st make a little space with your thumb pad then with your thumb overlap their thumb and drive their thumb into the space(with your thumb) as you ratchet your hand toward the floor so your finger tips point down.

Another option is to take an extra step toward them dragging their hand across your body(to about your center line, equal to your belly button), as you do this turn your hand palm up in the handshake and push your hand toward/under their hand so that it bends their wrist down(or just toward their body is also fine).... with your other arm reach behind their elbow and grab their hand(done at same time)... use the strength of both of your hands/arms/chest to hurt/injure their wrist(up to your discretion as to how bad) This second one will work even if they grab your fingers.

I'm not saying that you should do this i just wanted to throw these options out there for you.

Edited by philthy