Grippers:

HG100, 20reps, CCS width, warm up.

CoC1, practiced MMS form, still shoddy.

BBSM attempts, right hand, MMS,

R 2mm

R 2mm

R 4mm, (bad set)

R 2mm, forced in

R 2mm, forced in (Grr! The last little bit on this thing is TOUGH!)

R 4mm, forced in (bad set)

R 2mm, forced in (good set)

CoC1, more practice on MMS form, warm down

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cannon

• bencrush

• pdoire

• Teemu I

Keep working on that MMS , you'll get the knack of it soon then reap the rewards, 2mm off is bloody close you'll get it soon!

Keep working on that MMS , you'll get the knack of it soon then reap the rewards, 2mm off is bloody close you'll get it soon!

Thanks, Pete! It also felt good to hit the 2mm consistently, except if I botched the set. I just found out last week I had NO IDEA how to do the MMS. So, now I'm practicing, practicing, practicing.

Edited by Cannon

Bending

Timber Tie X 3

Easy 60D, pre-kinked, X 2

Easy 60D crushed to 7/8"

Hard 60D, pre-kinked, crushed to 1-1/2"

Hard 60D crushed to 1"

G5 Diamond, pre-kinked, crushed to 1-7/8" (just snuck it under 2"!)

G8, this is the straight bolt I have been working on. If I put one half flat on the table, the other sticks up in the air about 3/4". I definately moved it from where it was before.

As far as I can tell, my hands feel pretty good.

Great bending Matt! Now that you're moving that Grade 8 it only gets easier. Now that the body knows what it needs to do it will get a bit stronger to supercompensate.

Grippers

More practice with the MMS.

HG150: Warm up.

Hard HG300: 45 singles, MMS, not all closed. Misses were usually 2mm due to a crappy set. I would say about 75% of the reps were closes.

Grip Workout

BBSM

MMS, right only

2mm

2mm

2mm

2mm

2mm

At least these are getting more consistent. That last 2mm! Dang!

Secret Weapon

Warm up, 35lbs

60lbs, 10 reps, both sides.

Bending

Tried for a PR last night. Warmed up with a timber tie and then went after the 1/4" by 6" Grade 8. Got some SERIOUS movement and took it to about 80 degrees! Nothing on the crushdown, though. This thing is going down soon. I put a >pic< of the PR in my gallery.

:D

Edited by Cannon

Thanks everyone. It will be a glorious day when that G8 goes down!

Grippers

HG150, 30 reps, each hand

CoC2, CCS width reps

R 8

L 5

R 7

L 5

Negatives

CoC2, 2 on the left, 1 on the right

BBSM, 3 on the left, 2 on the right

BBE, none on the left, 2 on the right (I've never really touched this gripper, but I found I could hold it at about 3/4"

Spanking new Pinch Block. I made this to mimic IM's pinch block that hooks on a loading pin. Booyah.

25 lbs, RL

50 lbs, RLRL

25 lbs, farmers walk, RLRL

So, this workout was all over the place and a little misguided and my hands are feeling it today. :)

GREAT bending workout.

Easy 60D, prekinked, warm up

Grade 8, prekinked to 4" between the tips, crushed to just below 2", HUGE PR

Grade 5, crushed to 1-1/2" in about 1 min PR

Hard 60D, prekinked, IM pads, crushed to 1-1/8"

*This workout was huge for two reasons 1) Now that I have put a G8 below 2", and I have kinked one in an earlier workout, I should be able to put the two together and complete a single bend in under 5 minutes; and 2) That is by FAR the quickest I have bent the G5.

:devil

Nice job. Gotta get one of then G8's myself someday.

Grippers

HG150, 20 reps, warm up

BBSM attempts, right hand, MMS, 6 reps, all 2mm or less but not closed. These were by far my best attempts!

CoC2, left hand, MMS, 6 reps, all closed.

BBSM negatives, 4 reps

Pinch Block

25lbs, RL

50lbs, RL

Hurt my knuckles a little.

TTK

15lbsX15, X15, 17.5lbsX15, X15

Hands feel great. BBSM is going down really soon.

Bending workout

Easy 60D crushed to 1"

Hard 60D crushed to 1-1/4"

5-1/2" Hard 60D crushed to 1-1/2"

G8, prekinked, easy movement through the sweep, nothing on the crush

IM Blue nail. KILLED. These are definitely easier than the Easy 60D. Crushed to 3/4".

Also did a BBSM attempt just for fun and it was so freakin close.

ROCK THE AWESOME CHRISTMAS TIME!

Edited by Cannon

Grippers

HG150, warm up

CoC2, CCS width reps

R9

R8

R8

R4/4 (8 total, but had to reset because my pinkie slipped off the handle.)

L6

L5

L5

L3

HG150, 45 CCS reps, basically a burn out

*I'd like to see 40 total reps in 4 sets on my right hand.

Griptogether

12-30-06

Number Ten Ox (Joe) happened to be in Minnesota for the holidays, so we got together at the last possible second (Sorry we couldn't get you over here Brouse! We managed to put this together finally at 4pm on the 30th!). Our PRs didn't stand a chance!

Grippers

Joe had some cool grippers. He had the IM 2.5 and 3.5 as well as an old 2, and old 1, and a Guide. I'd never touched a Guide, but that gripper is funny. Definitely easier than any non-store-bought gripper I've ever tried.

He also had a rigged up #3 where you could lengthen or shorten one of the handles. Kind of cool. Joe had never seen the BB grippers, and he gave my BBSM a good ride. Not closed, but darn close.

Two great things for me here. I freakin slammed the 2.5 shut, cold, with no chalk. This made be feel GREAT. I would have just been horrified if the 2.5 was harder than my BBSM. It felt a lot like my harder HG300 before it lost it's spread. I'm calling this a PR. Here is the video.

The second is that I think I closed my BBSM. I thought I felt it shut, and Joe tried to look, but I didn't tell him I was doing it, so he wasn't ready to look. So, we tried to get a close on video, but couldn't. Either way, I will have those handles pinned soon.

Bending

I didn't do much bending. I did however bend a big piece of steel! I wrapped up a piece of 5/16"x7" HRS that Joe brought. It had a wobble in it already because Joe had pushed on it before. I wish I could say it was straight, but it's what we had at the time! I can't compare it to the G8 because I don't know where I'm at with the G8 right now, but it was a pretty tough bend. Probably not a max bend, but definitely a new PR. Crushed it to about 1-3/4" on the video, then hit it again afterward and crushed it to 1" between the tips. Here is the video of the bend.

Phone books

Not much to report here for me. Joe really helped me with my form. Joe ripped a HUGE phone book like it was nothing. It was a PR for him, and he wished we would have taken video. Just to clarify, this was actually a 2005 Tax Code book. Regular paper pages and laminated cover, about 2-1/8" thick. Sick sick sick.

vBar

Tied my PR for vBar at 210. I got 245 over the required 2", twice, but both times I lost it at the top. Soon! Joe also got 210, which may have been a PR for him, I can't remember.

Otherwise, we goofed around with some hub lifts, pinching, the new IM EGG, etc. I set Joe up with a set of leather pads and he gave me some IM Expand-Your-Hand bands and a couple of red nails. We are racing to bend the reds by June!

Joe is a great guy and very strong. I was really impressed with his bending. He was using IM pads to bend some crazy stuff. Pretty much the same bending style, but Joe puts so much torque on the ends of the nail, he has snapped the threads off a grade 5 bolt...TWICE! Also, his phone book tear was sick. All in all, it was a great meeting and I wish we had more time! Again, sorry we couldn't get you involved too, Brouse.

Happy New Year. It's going to be a great year. I think 2007 will be a great year to populate some of these cert lists. ROCK THE AWESOME GRIPPING POWER!

Thanks JoeGrip!

Jan 4 - Grippers

CoC2, CCS width reps

R 9

R 8

R 6

R 6

L 6

L 5

L 5

L 4

Jan 5 - Bending

Easy 60D, crushed to about 1/2"

Grade 8, I wrapped this thing up and pushed on and off over about a half hour. It just FROZE on me at about 90 degrees. I got it to 90 degrees in about 30 seconds. Ug. I thought I would get my first Grade 8 from start to finish tonight, but I guess not.

Since I didn't get much crush work, I grabbed a bent G5 that was just under 2" and crushed it closer.

I think my next bending workout will be a volume workout.

Damn good gripper stuff there Matt. A lot of times if I do grippers first, I have a subpar bending performance. Not terrible, but kind of like yours where you feel good and think you're going to finish something off, but at the last second it goes sour. Still good getting the Grade 8 to 90 though. Remember when 60Ds were hard? :cool

Thanks, Ben. I'm going to try and space the workouts at least a day apart.

Grippers

BBSM, Attempts, MMS

R - near miss, 1/16"

R - near miss, 1/16"

R - near miss, 1/16"

R - Okay, I thought this was closed. These "near misses" were just enough to see daylight. This attempt was so close, I wouldn't have known it wasn't close without reviewing the video I took. I don't think it's possible to be any closer and still miss. I even celebrated a little on the video because I thought I got it!

R - near miss, 1/16"

I think one more volume workout and then I should have this nailed. My left hand still hurts from the last bending workout so I did a billion reps with a light gripper.