The Global Grip Challenge 2006

smitty

I'll be staying at the Ramada Inn in Columbia- anyone else crashing there?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• Jedd Johnson

• climber511

• madss

will it be better to stay in Columbia rather than finding a spot in Irmo? how big of a town is it anyway? I heard it wasnt to big.....I guess Ill look around tonight for a place to Stay.

Columbia is 8 miles from Irmo. There are a number of nice, super easy interstate access hotels and places to eat less than a mile from the Sorinex facility in Irmo. I for one would "stay close" and mention Sorinex at Amerisuites @Columbia/I-26 location for discount 803-407 1560. It is right off interstate and two turns thereafter to Sorinex's door! All kinds of extra cool stuff will be on display.

As of right now, I will be attending... but not participating. Long story that I'd rather not get into right now.

I just want to rub elbows with some of the greats!! :D Does anyone want me to bring any toys??... speak up now!! Wow, this is gonna be a great event!! I just want to see all you guys there!!! :cool

Snott, bring whatever you'd like. Should be fun to do some exhibitions afterwards.

-Jedd-

As I have understood it, the Diesel Crew is providing the LGC vbar and Euro pinch set up.

All plates have been calibrated by the organisers and the LGC vbar was calibrated previously by Jedd and Smitty.

That leaves us with the Euro pinch set up. Time is running out. No records on Euro equipment will be recognised unless all eqipment have been calibrated PRIOR to the competition.

I think I have been nagging the Diesel Crew for closer to a year now to calibrate the pinch set up. :trout

Seriously you have to do it now if it has not already been done or David Horne's WR in pinch will be perfectly safe regardless of how much nominal weight is lifted at the competition.

I got the exact weights of the pinch apparatus down to the ounce yesterday at the post office, so no problem.

-Jedd-

Actually, down to the fraction of the ounce. My bad.

Jedd,

Could you please post the result of that calibration here or in a PM.

Thanks

I sent this info to you.

We went to Sorinex today and each weight plate is labelled to the ounce.

-Jedd-

Ahhh, now Mikael can sleep at night. Nice job Diesel Crew!!

Good luck to all competitors! Have a nice day everyone! :rock