Diesel Crew presents

The Global Grip Challenge 2006

Along with

Anson Castelvecchi

and

Scott George

hosted by

Sorinex

This huge event will see the best GRIP athletes in the United States on June 24, 2006 going into battle. Get ready to crush your competition if you are strong enough. Considered the US Grip Championships, the Global Grip Challenge has been rocking the east coast for the past 2 years and this year's contest will be the biggest yet.

This year, GGC will be dominating the ground of the Sorinex compound in Irmo, SC.

Richard Sorin, the original CoC and inventor of the BLOB, will be donating his facility to host the most exciting day of hand strength of the year.

Events:

1. Max Effort Gripper Close – Each Hand – Credit Card set

2. 2 Hand Pinch

3. Vbar

4. BLOB Load Medley

5. Rolling Thunder for Reps

Date: June 24, 2006

Time: 10am - til complete

Bar-B-Que provided by Richard Sorin.

Current Sponsors:

Sorinex

IronMind

Dennis Rogers

APT Pro Wrist Straps

Biofreeze

Contest Events, Sponsors, Rules Sheet, Entry Form, Sorinex Compound directions, local attractions, airport information – CLICK HERE

Current Competitor List:

This list will continue to be updated

MEN

Jedd Johnson

Chad Woodall

Dave Thorton

Tommy Heslep

kevin perrone

Anson

Chris Rice

Jon Creason

Scott George

John Demchak

Troy Smith II

Alexander Poptodorov

WOMEN

Jes Brock

If I missed anyone, send me a PM!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• Jedd Johnson

• climber511

• madss

WoW. That's awesome.

Great choice of events. Hopefully I can make it. Im very interested in the rt for reps and this should be an exciting contest. Good job guys and looking forward to meeting everyone sometime in the future.

Austin

Ok guys this will be the big one so don't miss it!! It is the 24th of June, which makes this also Richards B-day party. Dr. Strossen from Ironomind will be flying in with a catch of goodie to try. Sorin is also working on getting some of the great hand strenght guys there. I won't name names yet...

The events are going to be great.

1. grippers- you can try the hardest first thing, because if you miss you can go back!!

2. blob lift- 5 blobs to different height platforms- 1 point for up by the top and 1 point if you can lower by the face!!

3-RT for reps- This will be head to head- last event so the 1st place guy goes against the 2nd place and so on. Reps in one minutes. if you are close in points this could be the deciding factor!!!

A in-depth rule sheet will be out soon.

Hotels are pletifully, airfare is cheap into Greenville, and Sorinex is incredible, don't miss out!!

Edited by madss

Scott - I'll be there of course but how about a couple day climbing trip before I head home. Go up into North Carolina - maybe Looking Glass or Stone Mountain - take the families - just camp, relax and have some fun before I head home. Teresa will be out of school then and she wants to come down with me - let me know if you can swing it.

Scott - I'll be there of course but how about a couple day climbing trip before I head home. Go up into North Carolina - maybe Looking Glass or Stone Mountain - take the families - just camp, relax and have some fun before I head home. Teresa will be out of school then and she wants to come down with me - let me know if you can swing it.

Sounds like a great idea!! I will talk to ya more about it this week. Oh ya I am ready to do some climbing.

Edited by madss

Okay...we have around 11 weeks till game time...Who all is thinking about or going to be competing in this AWESOME grip competition? I know the NC boys, Geezer, maybe the Ohio Blob dominators, and of course the Diesel Crew with Blob Barker will be there...but who else?

Just curious :rock

Of course all of the NC boys will be there plus a few new guys. One of whom no set a 3, and toyed with the 2 hand pinch set-up yesterday. With a little train he's going to be tough!

Scott, would this surprise competitor be an ox that you are somehow related to?

Scott, would this surprise competitor be an ox that you are somehow related to?

yep! He is going to train with me for the contest. about time!!!

I would like to come just to check the place out and meet ppl...I wouldnt be much of a competitor but I would try for the hell of it all.

Here we go again - this is addressed to Troy Smith II and everyone else thinking about coming to just watch - DON"T - sign up and compete - so you don't win, who cares, only one man is going to win - the rest of us won't. Never watch others have fun when you can join in and have fun yourself with them. It's going to be a great time, lot's of strong guys and gals going head to head. So get to training and sign up!

Who all is thinking about or going to be competing in this AWESOME grip competition?

Me, since I sat it out last year.

Who all is thinking about or going to be competing in this AWESOME grip competition?

Me, since I sat it out last year.

Great...I will see you there :rock

Climber511 is so right. I've been in 2 grip competitions. I placed last in both of them. In one, I got beaten by a 15 year old that doesn't even train grip.

You know what? I set PRs in almost every event. I had a great time at both of them and am very glad I competed. My training is going better than ever now. Things that used to seem unreal now seem attainable. My prevoius PRs just seem like small stepping stones. I have more motivation than I ever thought possible.

Go and compete. You won't regret it. Every grip competitor I've encountered has been nothing but encouraging. Get your butt out there.

I am interested in competing. I don't think there was much of an increase in the numbers participating from GGC I to GGC II. I think there will be a big increase to GGC III. Just my hunch based on Richard's reputation, being Summertime, a new place, etc.

Hubgeezer

We may have just doubled the "Geezer" population! Hope you can make it Mike.

Kewl, too bad I live in Florida

Dude...I drove 15 hours to PA last year to compete in the GGC. If you want to compete...make it happen...you will not regret it :rock

I hope to compete next year but alas I'm not strong enough for this group yet I feel for this year :blink Don't worry Big T will come around one day :whistel God is good :bow:bow:bow

Edited by BigT

Kewl, too bad I live in Florida

Dude...I drove 15 hours to PA last year to compete in the GGC. If you want to compete...make it happen...you will not regret it :rock

Yeah, too bad I live in New Hampshire.

That's ok, I drove 7 just to watch last year and this year it will be more like 24 hours drive one way. Last year we got up at like 1:00 am, drove until we hit the GGC, watched it all, then drove back, all in the same day.

That's a warrior right there!

-Jedd-