The Global Grip Challenge 2006

smitty

Here we go again - this is addressed to Troy Smith II and everyone else thinking about coming to just watch - DON"T - sign up and compete - so you don't win, who cares, only one man is going to win - the rest of us won't. Never watch others have fun when you can join in and have fun yourself with them. It's going to be a great time, lot's of strong guys and gals going head to head. So get to training and sign up!

Thanks for those words climber.....I will compete...I may get trampled but Ill do it just to try the different exersizes...and I want to try a few of those blobs!! I will be training my arse off here just to try and make myself feel a bit more comfortable around you strong men :rolleyes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• Jedd Johnson

• climber511

• madss

Good to have you guys coming down to compete! it will be a great overall experience. Grab some buddies and start planning, It will be well worth it! :rock

Congrats Troy - you won't be sorry! See ya there.

Is it just me or does anybody else think its cruel to have two pinch events in the same contest?

Is it just me or does anybody else think its cruel to have two pinch events in the same contest?

yep you might want to say at home for this one :inno Gives us a better shot at that #1 spot :cool

What about replace'n the "BLOB Load Medley" with something else? Bending at waiste level sounds good to me. :D

What about replace'n the "BLOB Load Medley" with something else? Bending at waiste level sounds good to me. :D

I am sure it does :whacked You will do just fine in the Blob medley...no worries for you :rock

I am looking forward to seeing some big lifts from you...and some new magic tricks :rock

If it's pinching you're talking about, you can be sure Chad will put up some impressive numbers!! :D:bow

Events are pretty much set at this time. Anson and Scott arer working hard building professional loading boxes.

-Jedd-

Events are pretty much set at this time. Anson and Scott arer working hard building professional loading boxes.

-Jedd-

Could Anson or Scott throw up the rules/protocol for each event, maybe a description of each event and how it will be run? The blob medley I'm not 100% sure how it works..

We just recd' a confirmation from the "Stone Man" Steve Jeck will visit and invitations will be sent to John Brookfield and Joe Kinney as well.Dr Strossen and I have discussed the possibility of getting as many Captains of Crush to visit for perhaps a "moment in grip history" Milo cover shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just recd' a confirmation from the "Stone Man" Steve Jeck will visit and invitations will be sent to John Brookfield and Joe Kinney as well.Dr Strossen and I have discussed the possibility of getting as many Captains of Crush to visit for perhaps a "moment in grip history" Milo cover shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME :rock

AWESOME :rock

That is some exciting news!

-Jedd-

Listen up guys, this is going to be one mighty special event you shouldn't miss.

Anson - What happened to the "climbing wall" event you PROMISED me? :inno

You guys did a good job of explaining the events, particularly the two new ones, the blob medley and RT lift.

I still get confused by the gripper table. For example, you could start at the last gripper on table 1, and then go on to table 2 from there?

Also, hopefully this time the #3 will be a typical 3 and not a 3.4 "Euro 3" that virtually no one can close. It seemed that the jump from Super Master to the Super 3 last time was a huge leap, the difference between a 5 minute miler and 4 minute miler.

Hubgeezer

You guys did a good job of explaining the events, particularly the two new ones, the blob medley and RT lift.

I still get confused by the gripper table. For example, you could start at the last gripper on table 1, and then go on to table 2 from there?

Also, hopefully this time the #3 will be a typical 3 and not a 3.4 "Euro 3" that virtually no one can close. It seemed that the jump from Super Master to the Super 3 last time was a huge leap, the difference between a 5 minute miler and 4 minute miler.

Hubgeezer

You will get 30 seconds to close the heaviest gripper (with the appropriate set) that you can, start anywhere you want. If you hit a gripper, try for the next one up...

I spoke again with Randy Strossen and he is very excited about the event...it will be far more than a grip contest... more like a reunion for the young and old lions of grip strength. It will be a welcome atmosphere for all to exchange ideas , participate, or observe with the best in the world! Every day the event seems to grow and as with the York picnic of old and the Old time Barbell strongmans dinner...yes, it was a day of travel BUT, a memory that lasts forever... if you profess to be "all about grip" prove it and BE there...it will change you!

RS

You will get 30 seconds to close the heaviest gripper (with the appropriate set) that you can, start anywhere you want. If you hit a gripper, try for the next one up...

Thanks. So the "3 tables" is just a way of gathering batches of similar gripper sizes so there is not the "needle in the haystack" syndrome, due to the importance of time? If I understand that correctly, that makes sense.

Hubgeezer

Haha, maybe next year buddy! You still taking Tommy on the free solo climb of El Capt the week before the GGC?

Chris we will be climbing somewhere. :cool i should be good for the camp trip.

Hub- We are using a normal 3 this contest. It's not the hardest nor the easiest, very average. With the CC set it will make it tough. Plus this contest you will get to hit the hardest gripper first, if you miss you can go down. makes for a much better first attempt!!

Thanks. So the "3 tables" is just a way of gathering batches of similar gripper sizes so there is not the "needle in the haystack" syndrome, due to the importance of time? If I understand that correctly, that makes sense.

Hubgeezer

You got it :rock