British Iron Grip Championships 2006

mobsterone

Baring in mind how well Marc did with NO training - with a little he'd be a lot better. Again I'd need a profile.

I'll see what the scale situation is in the next few days. We only ordered the weights tonight. I had enough standard plates and we'll still need them for my adjustable set up but the rest will be Olympic.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• Mikael Siversson

• jimwylie1

• David Horne

There is an outside possibility that I can make this years British Champs. Don't put me down on the list yet but I am hopeful of showing up and competing on my old home turf.

Nick

Isn't the contest in May? I am hoping to make it over in May right now. June would seem to be out as I need to be here for work then. I'm sure you can get some scales to calibrate the weights from Wedderburn in the UK. It's been a long time since I did a British Champs (1998).

Nick

Yes May. I was was refering to previous PM's etc about the 105's and the White Cliff's Dover event but you mention working now. Anyway send me a half decent photo and sign up to start blogging on the www.irongripgb.com site and see if we can stir things up :cool

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Williams profile added. I still need to sort out trophies. Weights arrived this am (240 in 20's and 60 not 30 as I said previously in 15's).

• 4 weeks later...

Prizes sorted (I might post a pic when they arrive next week). Venue sorted (see below).

The Trust Centre, Conduit St, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL1 4XH

Google maps link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=GL...2,0.033646&om=0

This is five minutes walk from my house. The contest is on the first floor but they have a 680-kilo lift. I've booked it from 10am until 4pm so I'll be cracking the whip to try and keep us on time. There is also a small kitchen (kettle, microwave and fridge). Bring a mug and snacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to be in when the post office delivers. The prize package from FBBC / John Beatty arrived today - super stuff - something for all 8 and a little extra for the top 4. Cheers John.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

It is with a heavy heart, burdened by a sense of tragedy, that I announce that I will not compete in this year's competition. I am under-prepared and far from my best in all of the lifts. In addition, my left hand is still way down after last year's accident and I feel that I would be lucky to place mid-field in this year's competition.

To be honest with you my heart hasn't been in it of late and everything has taken a back seat in preference to work and family stuff. Unfortunately, this trend is set to continue over the summer as I intend to try and ride my mountain bike whenever I can - as a consequence grip will take a back seat.

Good luck in the comp and I hope you set some records. Have a great day.

Jim

That's a shame Jim. In spite of occasional friendly jibes I enjoy our lifting rivalry and have worked my arse off this year, in spite of an on-going injury, in order to be at or close to my best. You'll be missed.

Good luck to all, lot of fun and great lifts with strong hands!

Looking forward to see the pics and results.

:mosher

May it be a PR kind of day!!!

Lets hope so :D

Hi Mobsterone

Is anyone welcome at the comp tomorrow and if so what sort of time will it be starting?

Yes and 10am. All the info you need is on the official website www.irongripgb.com

In just over an hour... :calm

Edited by mobsterone

Good luck guys, have fun.

Congrats Steve.

Well done! :rock

Very well done Steve! Congratulations! :rock