The Propsal

Number Ten Ox

Right on man, this is truly great progress, and fast.

Now you need to season those pads, get a bag and put them in, along with a hefty dose of chalk. Know reach in and knead the pads all around, saturatin them with chalk, making them less rigid and more maleable. They should be white, not blue, when you are ready to bend with them.

This will help a lot, good luck man!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Number Ten Ox

• Left Side

• dadams

• climber511

Thats a great idea, thanks! I did notice that was a bit of a problem.

No bending for a few days for me though. My pecs were sore yesterday but today its my ABS!

It hurts to laugh, sit, stand and lay down. Bending is truely a great core workout.

I feel like I'm about two workouts behind, one pinch/one finger workout I was suppose to do Wed. (I climbed instead) and levering today.

Ah well I am getting stronger anyways.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Hey climbing's a great pinch workout in itself. I can't wait till I get to university, and I can go climbing anytime I want.

It'll be indoor for the winter, but beggars can't be choosers...

Friday- rice bucket and Contast bath

Yesterday-light gripper work up to 45 reps w/ everlast (sporting goods store gripper), rice bucket contrast bath

Today-light gripper work, filed #1x1, filed #2- 2 singles, #3 with washers x 3 singles.

Bending-3/16x7, 3/16 x 6, 60d x 2 these were pretty quick and easy today (!YES! I am getting stronger or better or something!)

Tried the 6" g5 and put a good kink in it but couldn't finish it. Maybee next time? Next week?

Tried a 60d DU, same thing, kink-no bend, ah well.

Not sure what I want my 2006 bending goal to be. I think I will get the g5. RED? It's too early to tell...

My wife wanted to go to the gym on this rainy day to tan and workout so I went with. To workout, not tan...

Haven't been to a commercial gym since 6-28-05 says my log book so I was pleasently suprised to find I had not lost too much in "normal" lifting stuff.

In the grip portion of the workout I did:

Hubs: w/ "standard" brand plates 25# c+p a couple times both hands, 35# c+p oth hands (PR), 45# plate DL, 47.5 dl, 50dl, 52.5 (4PR's!!)

Plate Pinching: 2 25's DL! (PR) 4-5#'s first ime trying 5's, 3-10's broke ground only...first time trying

Two handed pinch: 92# (PR-first try at this lift...)

All in all a good day at the gym.

Did a bunch of #3 no set "trys" through out day.

Now rice bucket and contrast bath and maybee a bit of rest...

Cool log, and VERY cool problem you are trying to climb!! V13!!!

nice to have another climber on board.

maybe I missed it, but are you training plate wrist curls? I believe they have a decent carry over to climbing.

good luck with your goals

david

Thanks! I think the problem is suitable to obcess about.

I have added the RED nail to the goals for the year, it's official. If Ron Dude can do it in 51 weeks maybee I can too.

Today bouldered for 1.5 hours, felt ok but I have a BAD hangnail in my toe, makes tight little climbing shoes hard.

I have been doing kinda a GTG thing with my #3. Leaving it in my car and just trying to CCS it when I feel like it. Nothing to strenuous, just an experiment.

More 3 ccs trys today, what I am doing is closing as far as comforatable w/o straining too much, forcing it closed w/ both hands to a point I can comfortably hold it with one hand w/o it opening, and then slowly letting it open all the way.

Trying not to strain too hard on any one close...

Spent about 45 minutes playing in rice bucket today for a nice pump. Lots of thumb work and open hand plate wrist curl type work.

To about 2.5" from being shut.

No, not that bad but I feel weak on grippers. Usually about parallel, then I force it a bit farther for the hold. It's def not a max attempt, no chalk, just a little squeeze now and then.

This morning warmed up with 25 and 35's hub lifts. Tried the 45 CAP a few times and got it off the bed for about 3 secs each hand.

Bending: 2 pieces of 3/16

finished a kinked 60d (remnant of DU attempts last week)

3x 60d -felt soooo good

finished a 60 degree kinked 60d.

(So 5 60d's, all closed to between 3/4" and 1") (pr)

can't rememer what else it was so long ago, some easy stuff.

At work tonight did some easy thumb clamp stuff all night since it was in my apron. Got a nice pump. Levered a 8# sledge a few times strict. Did a 10#er to nose (PR) and a 16#er from halfway down handle with good form and about 7' from the end of handle with kinda sloppy form i.e. my hand/arm dropped below shoulder. Still the best (only) time I've lever a 16#er.

Tried to lift it front lever static style but could only hold it an inch or so from the black rubber.

Did a bunch of 3 tries throughout day and threw in a few hard tries closing all the wat and trying to hold it shut. Probably 20 attempts today.

Feel very nice and loose. Rice bucket and contrast bath and bed.

Las Vegas tomorrow morning! Not sure if I will grip while I am there through Tuesday. Who am I kidding, I will bring a gripper or two...

This morning warmed up with 25 and 35's hub lifts. Tried the 45 CAP a few times and got it off the bed for about 3 secs each hand.

Bending: 2 pieces of 3/16

finished a kinked 60d (remnant of DU attempts last week)

3x 60d -felt soooo good

finished a 60 degree kinked 60d.

(So 5 60d's, all closed to between 3/4" and 1") (pr)

can't rememer what else it was so long ago, some easy stuff.

At work tonight did some easy thumb clamp stuff all night since it was in my apron. Got a nice pump. Levered a 8# sledge a few times strict. Did a 10#er to nose (PR) and a 16#er from halfway down handle with good form and about 7' from the end of handle with kinda sloppy form i.e. my hand/arm dropped below shoulder. Still the best (only) time I've lever a 16#er.

Tried to lift it front lever static style but could only hold it an inch or so from the black rubber.

Did a bunch of 3 tries throughout day and threw in a few hard tries closing all the wat and trying to hold it shut. Probably 20 attempts today.

Feel very nice and loose. Rice bucket and contrast bath and bed.

Las Vegas tomorrow morning! Not sure if I will grip while I am there through Tuesday. Who am I kidding, I will bring a gripper or two...

Like the 3 tries and the sledge levering. You'll get that 16 sledge this year buddy keep going

Went to Vegas, took Sat, Sun, Mon off. Three days!

Tuesday on the flight home played with my three a bit with the usual COC attempts. Threw in a bunch of forced closes. Felt Ok but not great. This was all Rt hand only as I think I slept wrong on my left or all the 3 trys were starting to hurt it. Did sets of 20-25 with the Everlast.

Wed off.

Today Hose clamp 3 for a ton of reps from 5 pennies. COC set attempts with my modified 3 (chopped, drilled and added washers to lengthen it). Next MMO set practice, came close to closing it with MMO set. It is ten washers longer than the standard 3.

Tomorrow climbing, bending, pinching, one finger lift, levering or as much of that as possible until I die.

Today before work-1:30 pm

WU w/ homeade formulator.

Two hand PWCurls-35#x5, 35+5# x 3 negs, 35# x 5.

Sledge 8#-Rt to nose couple times, left felt weak and hurt...

Formulator 10# x 25 flexion, 5# x 10. Two sets.

Bending-At work tried to bend 60d DU with a rag and some folded leather gloves, kinked it, couldn't finish.

Sledge-16# sledge-good attempts with Rt. from about about 12" from the end of the handle. Lowered it but couldn't bring it back up. Left is sore, did easy levers from higher up handle.

Got home at 10:30 and did pinch.

Hubs-25 WU, 35 DL x 3. 45 attempts (couldn't break it from carpet yet but it's feeling really good lifting it off the bed)

Blob- bounced it off bed, nothing special.

Cleaned rafters for first time to try to do pull-ups. Managed to jump up and stall myself and hang, hang from top position with bent arms, and :upsidedwn (FANFARE) :yikes actually hang from bottom position, slowly lift feet and do about a 3rd of a pull-up. Felt really cool. With rest and fresh I think I could do a full PU in a week or two. We'll see.

Cleaned rafters for first time to try to do pull-ups. Managed to jump up and stall myself and hang, hang from top position with bent arms, and (FANFARE) actually hang from bottom position, slowly lift feet and do about a 3rd of a pull-up. Felt really cool. With rest and fresh I think I could do a full PU in a week or two. We'll see.

Awesome man, wish we had something around here to do rafter pullups from. :)

Thanks for the link. I read that article when I first learned about the rafter pullup. Brad actually had directed me to it but I had forgotten all about it. Good stuff there.

Sat,Sun-rest.

Monday After reading the oard I had to bend, nevermind the fact that it was 2:30 in the morning.

8" HRS

60d

6"G5 attempt. Increased the warp a bit but still no bend.

Rice bucket 30 minutes.

All out of Arnica gel and I can feel my hands are a lot more sore, thus the 2 days off and light workout yesterday.

Tonight saw my g5 still in the wraps so I gave er a try after work. NO go.

So instead I bent 10 60d's. A new PR for volume. They started to get a bit tuffer after about 7.

Then tried to g5 again. It is impossible.

After 10 60D's I imagine it was.

And your first try was done with loose padding.

You need to get serious about this G5 business, you are more than capable of bending it.

You are SO right and I know it. At the end of every day I kick myself for not going to the hardware store. I want to get some 7" g5's, more 6" er's and some shorter lengths. Also want to order g8 and 9's and some reds. It's silly but in my head all I own right now is this one un-bendable piece. If I have more, harder stuff it's like "let's go, weako you got work to do, get on it!!"

I also have a stainless steel bolt 1/4" x 6". How should it rate?

Just got home so prob no real grip today, maybe rice bucket. Hands were a bit sore today from the pads yesterday.

Want to get bolts and bend tomorrow, perhaps grippers. No pinch my thumb is still sore from my rafter attempts. Wierd. I think not having the time/energy to do contrast baths etc is sapping strength. Or maybe it's just the 14 hr work, school, intern days, or perhaps I am just a big wuss who needs to get shut up and get stuff done.

Inspired by video of dadams 3 closes I warmed up in the rice bucket for about 20 min, did a try with my extended #3, and closed my hose clamped 3 a bunch of times.

Tore a deck of 54 cards, and then quartered half of it. Nice night. Good night.