• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• gazza

• jimwylie1

• twig

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got about 3 months to get some hard training in. If I'm not strong enough by then, I ain't ever gonna be!

Hope you can make it Steve - you are the thick bar daddy after all. BTW, when you come up and train, we have a spare room if you want to stick around for food and beer

Gazza,

I'd say Steve and Jim have the best chances, but I'm not too far behind even with the normal grip.

It'll be nice if someone can get it on my dad's day. :)

David

Indeed it would.

Just uploaded a picture of the Total Wrist Tester i just finished making so the Wirral Boyz can train for the event in the comp :D

Jim

The only thing i will be lifting in it at the mo is a pizza :cry as its quite heavy plus the 2"handles make it harder.

Im gonna make thinner handles to slot in so we can train on both.

:D we all had a play with the newly named pizza pan today,its a beast!excellent work gazza lad may you continue to make great contraptions that make my hands arms and wrists beg for mercy!

• 1 month later...
:D 5 weeks to go is everyone still up for it?The Wirral Boyz are almost ready,well 2 of us are :whistel

Okay guys after chatting to Steve Gardener I am going to run the British Novice Grip Champs here on the 8th April. This is so that you Wirral boys and other novices can have a comp. Events will probably be;

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift

2. One Hand Vertical Bar Lift

3. One Hand Deadlift with Olympic Bar

4. Grippers

5. Total Wrist Tester

On the one handed events (One Hand Vertical Bar Lift, One Hand Deadlift with Olympic Bar, Grippers), we will only test one hand.

I also think I may run the 2nd British Nail/Bar bending champs on the same day.

What do you think?

I will just have a go at the Rolling Thunder record, and there will possibly be something else with the other guys. It will all be pretty low key and no entrance fees or prizes as there isn't really time. But should be a damn good time.

Give me your thoughts?

David

RT record

David Horne

Something else

Jim Wylie

Bending?

Gary Hunt

Dave Johnson

Dean Bolt

Marc Wylie

Richard Scott

Novices?

Mike Doolash

Neil Belcher

Jason Horne

Maxwell Thompson

Carl Ryan

Alexander Horne

I'll come along on the RT with you Dave. See if I can push you long a little.

:D im game for anything,even a bit of bending!by the sound of it this is going to be a great day!

David

Sounds good .

British Comp and Bending wise,i am nowhere near were i was or would like to be :cry I was crap at these events and have also not trained them,we have been doing mostly rock lifting,kettlebells and a bit of thickbar,just letting you know so dont be expecting much outa me :) I will give it a go on the day.

Bending wise again aint done any in along while,this was/is mainly dew to probs at work.as you know with bending you are always running the risk of injury,this mixed with pure anger has given me a few small injuries,so i decided to leave the bending out till i have resolved the work issues,or it would of ended up with me getting a bad injury or one of my bosses seriously hurt :blush (i kid you not its gotten that serious).

Maxwell is the one here for bending at the moment so i expect him to do well.

I am up for it David and will have a chat with Mike and Maxwell today about it.

Carl(Mighty Mouse)has gone over to the dark side to the land of chrome and fern.R.I.P. the Mouse :D

Great idea, David.

Of course I especially like the bending comp.

But the novice class is great also. Get them boys competing. :rock

Gazza and Maxwell,

Don't worry just have some fun. My training is pretty average right now, although my cycling is coming on all the time.

See you in April.

David

So on the day we will have.

British Novice Grip Champs

British Nail Bending Champs II

British Hub Lifting Champs

Should be a cool day with 3 new British champions. My dad would be very pleased with this outcome.

You can enter as many of the comps as you want.

David

Dave

Will the hub lift be contested using the 45lb plate or the Stan Pike triple hub?

Jim,

I think we'll use both.

Gazza,

Not sure yet, but probably 3 bends and a break.

David

We'll also have the British Pinch Lift Champs.

A full day of lifting. I'll probably have 2 platforms going at the same time.

My dad would have liked this day of crazy competitive fun! All under the banner of The Peter Horne Memorial Day.

Info to follow.

David

I would hope so, since there will be more than one event in the comp, and the weights are calibrated, etc. But hell since I've not pinched since November I doubt any records will fall.

David

You never know - with a bit of wind behind you and with it being your Dad's day anything could happen :)