T.p.s. Grip Contest

davetps

Yeah, Dude, I want to try some card tearing, too. I cleaned out Target's cheap card decks (a measly two) and will hit KMart tomorrow.

I only live a couple miles away, so no amount of snow can stop me! Can't wait to meet y'all.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davetps

• Soilworker

• Dude

• BRUNO

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we will not be making the trip.  They are calling for a lot of snow all up and down between PA and New England.

-Jedd-

If this contest gos to shit im going to be soo pissed.

I've competed already with many of the guys that are posting on this thread, so there should be no worry about the quality of this contest. You're gonna see some freakin scary shit happening from Bruno, Zack Gipson is a freakin' tank that'll probably squeeze the RT's to dust and Tom Ricci is so freakin crazy you better not get in his way. Dave needs to come out of his "retirement" from competition because he's got a damn good grip, and if the two Murphy boys (brothas from different mothas) get into the mix, you're all in for an entertaining day - especially if CJ turns back the clock to his street days. Enough said.

It's killing me to miss it guys - wish I could be there, but we got a ton of snow. Sorry.

-Jedd-

TPS Crew,

If possible, I would like to compete as well. The web site says 'novices and walk-ins are welcome', so I hope you don't mind a novice walk-in who missed the 12/01 entry deadline! I'll bring the entry fee with me. The good news is that I've never tried a hub lift, bomb, v-bar, or rolling thunder. SO with the Diesel boys having to cancel, and my inexperienced ass entering, the bell curve just had a huge shift that should push a few more guys towards the top :D I at least know how to set a gripper :erm

See you tomorrow at 9:30, hope the last minute notice doesn't mess up any plans.

Thanks,

Mike Z

The good news is that I've never tried a hub lift, bomb, v-bar, or rolling thunder. 

You are in for a surprise on the Rolling Thunder handles, Z-man. I am inexperienced and weak as well so you are not the only one in the "novice" division. 13 hours to go......

BRUNO, I would like to try the Blob50. I know that I can't lift it but I want to compare it to a York. I have heard nothing but good things about the Blob50s.

You are in for a surprise on the Rolling Thunder handles, Z-man. I am inexperienced and weak as well so you are not the only one in the "novice" division. 13 hours to go......

BRUNO, I would like to try the Blob50. I know that I can't lift it but I want to compare it to a York. I have heard nothing but good things about the Blob50s.

Cool man, looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll bring a hex head and a smaller York head so we can compare, GordonV has his BLOB50s on clearance so I'd like to see/feel it as well. I'm going to try to get all the free tips I can, so I might bring a sledge and my bending bag since my bending stalled out a long time ago.....

Cool man, looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll bring a hex head and a smaller York head so we can compare, GordonV has his BLOB50s on clearance so I'd like to see/feel it as well. I'm going to try to get all the free tips I can, so I might bring a sledge and my bending bag since my bending stalled out a long time ago.....

Cool. I love playing around with everyone's grip toys. I am not much of a bender but I will bring some stuff as well.

TPS Crew,

If possible, I would like to compete as well.  The web site says 'novices and walk-ins are welcome', so I hope you don't mind a novice walk-in who missed the 12/01 entry deadline!  I'll bring the entry fee with me.  The good news is that I've never tried a hub lift, bomb, v-bar, or rolling thunder.  SO with the Diesel boys having to cancel, and my inexperienced ass entering, the bell curve just had a huge shift that should push a few more guys towards the top  :D  I at least know how to set a gripper  :erm

See you tomorrow at 9:30, hope the last minute notice doesn't mess up any plans.

Thanks,

Mike Z

everyone is welcome....

The good news is that I've never tried a hub lift, bomb, v-bar, or rolling thunder. 

I WILL BRING IT. IVE NAMED IT BEATRICE..

everyone is welcome....

Dave,

THANKS! See you in 12 hrs......

I just want to wish all the competitors Good Luck and a great day! PRs for everyone!

Drive safe in all that weather.

In Mass @ hotel. Roads were perfect until the end of I90, like 2 inches of snow. I brought some bending things and my ISGDA in case anyone wants to try it.

See you guys tommorrow

George, we are all tired and some of us had to drive a long ass ways!

BRUNO smoked the events. :rock I think he took the highest weight in every event except maybe grippers, where he tied for a #3 close with Dude and someone else I think. It was good meeting BRUNO, Z-man, DuDe, Gabe, the TPS people, and anyone and everyone else I forgot (sorry I am bad at this).

I already wrote a long response on the other board; more tommorow. Me=tired......