T.p.s. Grip Contest

davetps

So these are the events so far, but subject to change of course!

These are in no order!

1. Grippers

2. V-Bar, (not an Offical bar)

3. double rolling thunder.. (still working on the details)

4. bomb

5. hub lift

Those are the events so far, subject to change if they do not work, but so far they look good to us

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davetps

• Soilworker

• Dude

• BRUNO

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh,

Somewhat similar to the softball lift as far as being round, but of course harder because it weighs 8 lbs and is probably slicker. I have never seen this as an event??!!! Interesting though....

Hey we worked out the details on the double rolling thunder and its going to be tough.

The bomb is just like the softball, but smoother and yes it weighs 8lbs aswell.

The events are finall, and this is the order

1. double rolling thunder

2. V-bar

3. bomb

4. hub lift

5. grippers

Guys just to let you know I am getting a lot of people interested in being sponsors so there should be some great prizes. There will be a mens and womens division so please encourage all your girlfriends and wives that have an interest to give it a try. Also this is going to 100% charity event. There is a local kid that needs two lobes transplanted very soon or he is going to die, he is only 26 guys.

So this is who I want to help, all entry fee's will be going to him so please encourage as many people to show as possible. There will be more info and or a link to his web page so you can learn about him and what he needs.

Thanks for you help

Guys, TPS runs a good contest, and they are all cool dudes (except for that hairball Murph) so I urge to sign up and compete. Plus, they have lots of cool stuff to play around with up there - kettlebells, misc rolling handles, etc.

-Jedd-

Awesome. I will try to get some people other than myself to enter, but I am definitely in. Come on all you New Englanders, make this a great one! Sign up Sign Up Sign Up!

Hey guys here is the info on the charity and also thought you would like to know that I am trying to Kayem hot togs here to barbegue for us, so we can all eat at the same time.

So anyway here is Billy's story, not only are we trying raise money for him but he still needs two people to donate lobes, lots of people have offered but no one has been a good enough match yet, and for more info his web site is www.nicelungs.com.

In April 1978, when Billy Senopoulos was just three months old, he was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. For more than twenty years he struggled with his illness, but was able to enjoy a relatively normal childhood thanks to fantastic medical care and treatments. Billy received physical therapy daily to expel mucus from his lungs, required numerous medications and was often hospitalized when his body required more intensive treatments. Nevertheless, Billy attended school (Brooks-Hobbs, St. Raphael and Malden Catholic), played with friends and even participated in youth sports. Billy was a captain of the Malden Catholic tennis team!

As Billy entered his twenties, his CF worsened. The daily medical regimen increased, his hospital visits became more frequent and his physical activity became limited. Billy was also diagnosed with diabetes. Billy has struggled to regulate that disease in addition to living with cystic fibrosis. At 27, Billy has now reached the point where he has been forced to take a medical leave of absence from college (Tufts University) and he is rarely able to leave his house. Billy's disease has reached its end stage and without a lung transplant he will die. Billy has had to put his dreams on hold and is now fighting for his life.

Billy is a positive person who is grateful for the many blessings in his life. He credits his close-knit family for supporting and strengthening him. Even as he struggles to breathe each day, he still tries to find time to enjoy the things he loves- art, music, and history. He looks forward to the lung transplant (that he knows will come) so that he can fulfill all of his dreams.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Dave

Nice to not only compete in a grip comp but to also do it for a good cause to help someone, especially a person like him. I hope the money raised in the comp can help him. Hope to see a lot of people there!

That's very nice of you guys, Dave.

-Jedd-

Thanks Jedd,

We are also getting a lot of sponsorship so there should be a lot of cool prizes. And of course there will be a side table of different grip things to try.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me for asking, but I cannot find any info on the exact date of your contest.

Thx .. neilkaz ..

Dave

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow.

All

Guys i competed in the TPS contest last year and it was a great time. I was a little reluctant to compete at first having never competed in such a contest before. I figured everyone there would be closing #4s and i had no idea what a Vbar was. After talking with Murph and Dave I decided to compete and i was very glad i did. I met some great people, started really checking out this board and had a blast to boot.

The energy at TPS is great and if your into strength training even a little you should check the place out at least once in your life. Kinda like a Muslim to Mecca thing. The only thing it is missing is Guinness on tap.

To top it all off all the proceeds go to a great cause. How can we miss?

I will now begin a harassment campaign to get as many people as i can to attend and COMPETE in this event.

I look forward to meeting many of you for the first time and seeing some familiar faces from last year.

See you there

BRUNO

Neil, it's December 10th. Saturday at 10:00am I believe. It's on the TPS website somewhere. Everett Massachusetts. It's easy to find actually. New England grip whores unite!!!

Neil, it's December 10th. Saturday at 10:00am I believe. It's on the TPS website somewhere. Everett Massachusetts. It's easy to find actually. New England grip whores unite!!!

WWW.TOTALPERFORMANCESPORTS.COM

UNDER "WHATS NEW"

:help When is this contest ?  :help

.. thx .. neilkaz ..

The contest is December 10 on a saturday and we are starting at ten am. The application is on our web site, but if you do not get it in time just bring it with you, but give me a call to let me know your coming. or shoot me an e-mail dave@totalperformancesports.com. We have a lot of sponsorship that is sending cool prizes, and a possibilty of Kayem hot dogs going to be there to bar-b-q some hot dogs and hambergers for lunch afterwards. So it should be a great time.

So get in touch with me guys. The application is on our web site.

totalperformancesports.com

Thanks

Dave :mosher

I'll be there and my training partner is coming along to have fun. He's never

competed in grip events (or any strength event for that matter) but he's aware

that it's for charity and how much fun it is so he can't wait and neither can I.

I'll try to take this event a little serious this time!