T.p.s. Grip Contest

davetps

Me Brad and Smitty will be there. Eli is a chode.

-Jedd-

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davetps

• Soilworker

• Dude

• BRUNO

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great guys.

This should be a great compettition anyone that has never competed before, we have a few locals here that this will be there first contest. So any one that is new, this the perfect contest to break yourself in on, there will be plenty of fresh meat there. :trout:trout

Are Z and Bruno competing?

The double rolling thunder lift seems really interesting, and we have been working on our hub lifting skills. Well brad has anyway - none of us have any yet.

Dave, what grip is allowed on the hub? Classic claw style, or can you grab it like you're picking up a vertical bar?

-Jedd-

The double rolling thunder lift seems really interesting, and we have been working on our hub lifting skills.  Well brad has anyway - none of us have any yet.

Dave, what grip is allowed on the hub?  Classic claw style, or can you grab it like you're picking up a vertical bar?

-Jedd-

YOU KNOW IT JEDD

The double rolling thunder lift seems really interesting, and we have been working on our hub lifting skills.  Well brad has anyway - none of us have any yet.

Dave, what grip is allowed on the hub?  Classic claw style, or can you grab it like you're picking up a vertical bar?

-Jedd-

SINCE JEDD STARTED THE QUESTIONS WHAT ABOUT HAND POSITION ON THE BOMB? ANY SET RULES OR JUST LIFT IT?

BRUNO

This should be a great compettition anyone that has never competed before, we have a few locals here that this will be there first contest.

It's my first competing.

I second the "Bomb" lift question.

I bought a softball to try and practice the lift, even though I've used it about once so far. Different hand positioning makes a big difference I would say, although the actual "bomb" is probably much harder than the softball to lift

I bought a softball to try and practice the lift, even though I've used it about once so far. Different hand positioning makes a big difference I would say, although the actual "bomb" is probably much harder than the softball to lift

Jedd you of all people should no better, you know I like to make things as hard as possible. So hand position on the bomd will be with the palm of your hand top dead center. I think if it were any different it would just be one handed dead lift. way to easy and who wants to count all that weight anyway. ( you know I just make it harder so there is less work for me) Anyway. about the hub lift, I have not put much thought into that one! probably just startard claw but have to think about it. I guess I should get all the rules together for you guys huh!

Jedd give me a call will you!

Also, do we have to bring our own chalk? We get to use chalk right? I thought I would bring like a little half-gallon bucket.

I am going to force feed you those cookies dude. Ha ha ha!

-Jedd-

If you have one, you won't let any go to waste, I'm sure! I doubt anyone will be able to get near them anyway if Murph has anyting to say about it!

I have 14 reasones in my Glock that says I get all the cookies! Who's the man now Ricci?

Hey

Just wanted to let you all know that it is confirmed that Kayem will be herre to braughtworst for us. So ther will be free, yes free food after we compete. I know I put the deadline at dec first, but if don't get in ontime don't worry if you show I will let you compete. After all it is for charity. :D

If you have one, you won't let any go to waste, I'm sure! I doubt anyone will be able to get near them anyway if Murph has anyting to say about it!

I have 14 reasones in my Glock that says I get all the cookies! Who's the man now Ricci?

I WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR A TASTY SNACK.

Wow! You guys are serious! Maybe we should leave it up to Ralphie to see who gets what.

Wow! You guys are serious! Maybe we should leave it up to Ralphie to see who gets what.

Don't listen to Murph, we all know he is a big cuddley bear. He just has a hard time sharing when he's hungry!!

Dave,

Could you give a brief run down of the rules or how the events will go? I've never been to a comp before so I'm in the dark a little bit.

Do we have a designated amount of time to complete a lift, like 1 minute? Or do we have a set # of attempts.

I saw the results from last year, like the grippers said 2.4, 2.6. etc... how is that setup, MM set, CC set?

Thanks

The Rules

1, Grippers,

All Standard Rules, Set to parralell and then crush.

2, V-Bar,

Your hand can not be below 7" down from the top of the impliment

3, Bomb Lift,

Your must be placed so your palm is top dead center of the impliment(this will be strictlly enforced)

4, Double Rolling Thunder,

Two rolling thunders at the same time with the same weight.

5, Hub Lift,

Any grip can be used.

All lifting events will be done to full lock out just like a dead lift, the same as Grip Assault One. Its easier to judge a true lift this way and thats why we do it.

All events will be rising bar and 3 attemps at each. You will have 30 seconds to complete each try. :flame

The Rules

1,  Grippers,

2, V-Bar,

3, Bomb Lift,

Your must be placed so your palm is top dead center of the impliment(this will be strictlly enforced)

5, Hub Lift,

Any grip can be used.

All lifting events will be done to full lock out just like a dead lift, the same as Grip Assault One.  Its easier to judge a true lift this way and thats why we do it.

All events will be rising bar and 3 attemps at each. You will have 30 seconds to complete each try.  :flame

TIME TO LEARN THE "VBAR" GRIP ON THE HUB...

The Rules

1,  Grippers,

2, V-Bar,

3, Bomb Lift,

5, Hub Lift,

Any grip can be used.

All lifting events will be done to full lock out just like a dead lift, the same as Grip Assault One.  Its easier to judge a true lift this way and thats why we do it.

All events will be rising bar and 3 attemps at each. You will have 30 seconds to complete each try.  :flame

DAVE

IS THIS THE NEW ORDER OF EVENTS?

I THOUGHT GRIPPERS WENT LAST AT TPS?

BRUNO