• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• smp76

• carusom1

• FrankyBoy

FrankyBoy,

My wrsits are a bit sore but nothing too bad. I am going to the store tonight to get some grade 8s possibly some 5.5" and definitley some 6"s I think high volume one week, low volume high difficulty next week and see how it goes.

-Sean

October 21st, 2005

(1) grade 5, 1/4"X6"

(1) Grade 8, 1/4X5.5" PR :yikes

(1) Steel Works 5/16"X7 Wobble :angry:

(5) grade 8, 1/4"X6" PR

-Sean

5.5" G8 ????

:bow:bow

5.5" G8 ????

:bow  :bow

Means nothing without the RED DESTROYED!!!! :angry:

But thanks.

-Sean

You're getting stronger, Sean. Only a matter of time. A short amount of time.

Congrats on those PRs!!!

Sean-

here we go man! just a matter of short time.

awesome work with the grade 8 5.5''; I think you own those grade 8s now

Eric is much more qualified to tell you this, but a small suggestion

- can get some 7'' stock (something close to your max), and work on the explosion for the kink, I know you will take care of the rest of the bend

I watched your video again of the grade 8- once you get that kink, the rest will fall

keep up the good work; see RED in your mind and kill it!!!

I am going to have to start bending on a different day. My shoulders are way too tired to handle the volume with a bench workout. I hate sounding like such a bi@#$!!!

-TT

-grade 5 x 5.5" (this was hard, and my wrists were not feeling good)

-grade 8 x 6" (same, I was getting pissed at this point and just said F it)

If it going to happen, then let it happen!

-RED (got a good kink passed 60, turned it over and finally found the leverage point to finish it off)

-grade 8 x 6"

-(2) REDs (felt good to get it again but was really wore out)

-grade 5 x 5.5" (only got it to 60, and couldn't finish it, I was frigging tired)

I don't like doing low volume, since I only bend one day a week. I need to change some things around and work out some of the weaknesses in my bending. Hopefully, this will give me some motivation to try to get this thing to 6'' and motivate Eric?!! :)

I uploaded a pic in my gallery. If I wasn't so retarded, I would figure out how to use the video camera. I will try my best to get it up here.

btw (the RED was done with leather, not the IM pads, I left them rolled up last week and was getting annoyed with them slipping around, so I switched to leather. I need to work with the IM pads more- they don't bother me on the kink, but the crush down slips all over the place, aahhhh)

Mike, I am very pleased! Talk about motivating - I'm sitting here in my chair with the shakes, trying to fight off the urge to go bend!

Congratulations again! You'll be ready for certing in no time.

Watch out when Sean sees this! ;)

1st Place Eric

2nd Place Mike

still running for the finish line: Sean :cry

Mike great work man you and Eric kicked my ass up and down. :bow

-Sean

Sean-

you will get there in no time bro! I am with you to the end and beyond.

btw- Eric kicked both of our ass, badly! Now I have to see if I can seek redemption!

Eric- I glad you are excited, I haven't seen you in this contest since it started and ended on the same day :D

Edited by carusom1

Actually, Mike, you beat me soundly on this race. Not only am I nowhere near a 6" Red, I haven't been able to duplicate a bend with an uncut Red. I think it may have been one of those pure adrenaline bends. I'll be happy just to become consistent with uncut Reds for now. I want to certify with a 5/16" grade 5 so badly I can taste, smell, AND feel it!

Sean let's see if you can't beat me to the Red, again. I'll try and get my second Red (my wrists are hurtin' me every time I try that sadistic DU) :cry.

Well gentlemen, I never really stop running until I cross the finish line so, this will just take as long as it takes, but then again once we have all crossed the line of DU a Red I am sure we could scare up a new race, perhaps slim style? :cry

-Sean

Congrats Mike!! :bow

10-25-05

(3) 60d

(4) G5s 1/4"X6"

(6) G8s 1/4"X6"PR:D

Really just trying to stay in the grove. Looking for some 7" stock that is just below a Red if anyone has any suggestions.

-Sean

Sean-

nice workout and volume! Man, you are destroying those grade 8s. I don't know what it is about them, but they still give me fits.

how do you feel between bending days? are you doing any other wrist work? do you do any type of recovery?

I am just curious because I am adjusting my own training right now and trying to decide on what to do.

thanks

Mike

Edited by carusom1

Mike,

I have been reluctant to do any other levering or wrist exercises recentley because I have been doing so well. My wrists are not really too sore on the days in between but I have some localized pain under my thumb where it connects to my wrists. That knuckle bone right at the wrist line seems to take some damage when I do a lot of DU, that is to say bending because I never really bent any other way, or could not do anything worth writing about.

I think once I get a Red to fall then I may slow the intensity of the bending and do low volume, 3-5 Reds or equivilents a week and slowly increase some sledge stuff and see what happens. As soon as I get paid I will be ordering some Reds and some IM pads. I have used the pads at Deaner's house and they do not bother me, but if I am ever going to get certified then I think I should train like I want to fight, err, bend; you know the drill.

Anyway, you still knocking down Reds? I was also curious as to how you rated shorter G5s compared to the G8s you bend. I had a box of 100 1/4"X6" G5s but I am down to about ten and I have five or so G8s at 6" and ten at 5.5" so it is going to get interesting real quick. Anyway, let's keep this log rolling at least until I get the Red and you a 6" and Eric a 5/16"X6" G5 DU :) okay?

-Sean

Sean, I've found that some of the 3/8 x 7" carriage bolts and a lot of the 1/4 x 7" square stock to be a bit easier than Reds. The carriage bolts were expensive, though, at a dollar a bolt.

You're definitely proficient at the 6" length! Nice workout!

You can get 3/8'' all thread = same as a carriage bolt only cheaper

grade 5 at 5.5 is still not nearly as difficult as the grade 8 at 6''

Eric- Do you think the sledge work and DU work has helped you break through barriers to get the new PRs in DO?

Keep it up Eric, DU or DO, your a beast!

You can get 3/8'' all thread = same as a carriage bolt only cheaper

grade 5 at 5.5 is still not nearly as difficult as the grade 8 at 6''

Eric- Do you think the sledge work and DU work has helped you break through barriers to get the new PRs in DO?

Keep it up Eric, DU or DO, your a beast!

Chris, good point about the threaded rod. I forgot about that. Also, I haven't found any myself, but if you could find some 5/16 x 7" grd 2 hex bolts you might just find that perfect gap filling bolt.

I've asked myself the same question regarding the DU possibly helping my DO. I really don't think it did, though. I know for a fact it didn't help my DO bending at the shorter lengths. It may have helped my with the big grd 5 indirectly by giving me a mental break for a bit as I focused on DU. Or more probably, getting "burnt out" on the real short steel got me "ready" for long steel again.

Eric,

You think grade 2 5/16" at 6" are close? I have wobbled a G2 5/16"X6" but a meek wobble at that. I will look for 7" but they are hard to come by in the great white north.

-Sean

Eric,

You think grade 2 5/16" at 6" are close? I have wobbled a G2 5/16"X6" but a meek wobble at that. I will look for 7" but they are hard to come by in the great white north.

-Sean

I've tried two or three makes of 6" grd 2s that were as tough as Reds, so I'm thinking that at 7" they would be just what the doctor ordered. But no, I haven't found any of these elusive bolts. Surely they make them, I just haven't found them in the local hardware stores.

Eric,

-Sean

I can pick some up next time I go, they are fun, never tried a 6" though, just 7". They have them at Fire and Fastener on International and C st.