• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diesel

• mANVIL

• dannyboy

• tsuk

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my brother tried to recruit you for the rugby team earlier this week.

that is crazy man. yeah, i was coming back from the dining hall, and i was approached by a girl i know, who asked me to join the rugby team. i had said that i might consider it after i was done training with KTA. i def remember meeting your brother (although i don't remember if i was formerly introduced to him or not). i do remember him knowing about Captain of Crush and Mash Monster, along with Gripboard. i def thought it was sweet--somebody finally knew what i was talking about.

small world apparently. hopefully i was looked upon well by your bro.

nick

Definitely a small world. My brother came home the other day and said he was at a bbq and tried to convince a guy who "looked pretty big" to come out for the team. He mentioned you were training for the #3 close.

I played for 2-3 years on the team and it was a lot of fun, most of my college friends are from rugby. It's a pretty diverse group of guys.

I'm up at umbc fairly often, i usually line judge for their games and every once in a while I hop in if they are down a man or on a Bside match. If you finish KTA and want to try your hand at some blobs lemme know cuz i've got the 35,40,&50 lbs yorks. btw whats Iron Alliance?

-Matt

that's cool matt. yeah i would like to give a go at the blobs. i actually got into grip about 4 months ago, and not too long afterwards did i start KTA. i have made some good progress with grip, but i want to get my hands on something new for a little bit. KTA is starting to get to me...i want to experiment with some other things like bending, pinching, and blobs.

iron alliance is the weightlifting organization i started on campus. it is really new, with only a few members right now. we actually should be getting our tee shirts in the next week or week and a half, so i am stoked about that. basically it is just a bunch of guys and girls who are dedicated to weighlifting, whether it be bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, fitness/figure, grip, etc. just as long as you have the killer mentality, the mentality that isn't afraid to establish goals and see them conquered. so it is basically a large support group for lifters, etc to unite, and also to support athletes who want to compete. i would eventually like to work in the fitness industry in say, marketing or finance, and am hoping that i will be able to network with companies and representatives with the iron alliance name. so you could say i am trying to use it to establish a long term organization dedicated to lifting on campus, along with using it as leverage to aid me in attaining my life goals. but look for team iron alliance to take to the competitive floor in the upcoming months!

phase two ended tonight...thank god. me and crush have been giving it our alls for this past week. time to rest up. it was funny tonight. the RA of the neighboring hall saw me with some chalk on my hands, and asked to look at them. then she is like, 'why are your hands swollen?' so i responded, 'no kira, they aren't swollen. that is muscle.' :D i got a good kick out of that. the hard work pays off eventually. :rolleyes

now it is time to rest up. we will hit up phase 3 nice and hard on monday. time to pull out all the stops 'cause it is crunch time now.

• 2 weeks later...

been a little while since i last posted---getting ready for finals (you know the deal)

KTA ends this week. very ready for it to be over, for sure. the thumb on the righty is still popping out of socket, so maximal squeezes are a bit hard. i have been laying off 3 closes, and just working with the BBSM. i can now close the BBSM at will with the righty, which is comforting.

my lefty is a penny or two (on my best squeezes) away from that close. it is going to go down shortly. i am just waiting for it. tonight me and crusher are doing up the workout, and it would be nice to get a close.

gotta post again on ray's 2 close. he really rocked out some PRs the last workout (goal gripper closed and strapholds). props ray.

....now it is my turn. i gotta turn the tables tonight. time to die super master :angry: