College Student's Quest For Strength

diesel

Great progress you've made in 3 months. I look forward to reading about the gains you make on KTA.

.. neilkaz ..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diesel

• mANVIL

• dannyboy

• tsuk

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight was the first day of the second KTA week.

felt pretty good through the first couple sets of negs. and OCs, but those last sets were brutal. the left hand just wanted to cry on those negs. with the 3

did get within a half inch on the 3 close.

very soon. me and crush are rocking this program, giving blood and guts on each and every second of each and every set. nothing but hardcore.

diesel up. :mosher

oh man. the intensity of yesterday and the increasing workload really put us to the test today. i don't even know how to describe it....you seasoned athletes know what i am talking about.

no way can i call myself a newbie anymore. digging this deep with the desire for blood and guts on each set...no way.

def did the contrast bath afterwards. i can only prepare for tomorrow. desperately needing to fuel up with dining hall food until i get sick tonight.

diesel up

last night was brutal. it went a little easier than day two of the second week; it seems as crush and i are now growing accustomed to the increasing and intensifying workload.

was fighting a bruise in my left palm (where the base of the dogleg sits), but was able to bear the pain and get through all the sets. i think i also pinched a nerve by my elbow on the iniside of my forearm....happened during the second and third sets of negatives. who knows what the deal was. crush added his words of wisdom (the man has barely any skin left on his pinkies--ripped caluses): "your arms, fingers, blood, and bones are all luxuries." wise words. so we hit the next set and finished our workout in pain.

feeling pretty good today though. will do the workout tonight after we get our schoolwork done.

now i gotta get myself pumped up for leg day!!

last night's workout was pretty rough. everything hurts. fingers, palms, thumbs, wrists, and forearms. i want to crush these suckers so bad; my feel like my mind is in the right place and the intensity factor is there, but my arms just won't do the work.

so tonight the plan is to get mean. :angry: real mean. it is day 6 of week two. i gotta stop pussying around with these stupid pieces of metal and just rock em out. i seriously just want to break them in my hand.

so that is the attitude. about to go fuel up heavily at the dining hall in preparation for tonight.

deep breathe diesel, it is going down hardcore soon.

diesel,

hey man, i like your attitude, i like it alot....3 months of grip to the BBSM! WOW...i wishi had been more serious when i started, i might have been able to make similar gains.....do me a favor, please post some of your other workouts on here, im interested to see what else you are doing...great job man, you will be a 3 killer soon! DIESEL UP!

thanx a lot mossman. i really appreciate the comment. life is too short to go 50%, right?

with college being as stressful as it is, I have had to re-work my lifts so that I don't run myself sick. so i used to do 5 days a week training, but with school, only 3 days on. i keep it simple, but intense. trying to dig deep on all the sets i do. today was chest, shoulder, tris.

i am not a real strong guy, but it is a process (like anything else). did flat bench. ending up repping 220 for 9x. tried some push presses. it went ok. my good buddy ray is helping me out with explosiveness, of which i am desperately trying to incorporate. i am trying to find it within me, that little button that turns ordinary strength into brute force. slowly i am getting there, but with his help and critique, i believe i can get there faster. finished off the workout with tricep pushdowns with the rope and D handle underhand grip. feeling pretty good right now.

i must admit my heart is in grip right now. i haven't felt this kind of passion toward a goal in a while, and it is nice to see my dedication and intensity (not to mention the Diesel attitude) erupt in my grip sessions. I will not stop until I see my goals smashed in my hands. You can mark my words on that.

Tonight is the last day of week 2 of KTA. the bruise in the left hand came back and a calus is almost fully ripped on the pinky. let's see what i can dig up tonight.

diesel up or move over. :devil

thank God for rest days. this upcoming one is going to be well deserved.

with the thumb clamp, now deemd the diesel clamp, me and crush's thumb muscles just decided to give up on us. we feel strong with it through the first couple sets and then it just decides to die. freaking thumb. so, of course, we decide to work it out even in the coffin. warriors never rest.

we both felt more confident with our goal grippers today...they seem to rest more easily in our dominant hands, enough so hat we can get our beginning-bratwurst-like fingers around the handles and give it a good squeeze. we are pumped for monday to see what kind of gains we have made since a week ago. we both definitely had some good sets tonight; ended the week on a positive note.

now the day of rest is at hand. sleeping in, eating well, and not using my hands at all (well, maybe some).

till monday, diesel up.

this morning was day 1 of week three.

one day of rest really doesn't cut it, but crush and I were able to find the strength and intensity to get the job done. my thumbs were still feeling pretty tired, and it wasn't until about the second or third set of negatives that i was starting to really get those good squeezes. filed down the one even more for the overcrushes--it really isn't a problem at all with my right hand.

i am waiting for my BB elite to arrive so i can do my negatives properly....

:erm

i'm fighting a freaking cold too. last week of midterms before spring break and the heaviest KTA week so far, and diesel has a freaking cold.

time to OD on vitamin C and water.

another good grip session today.

used the 2 for overcrushes tonight, and actually felt pretty strong with it. some strange reason ray and i both were just having good squeeze after good squeeze. i def got within a half inch on the first attempt on the 3. that sucker is no longer intimidating. i can feel it quaking now when i look at it. i am going to murder that thing---mash it until the handles break off. :devil

i can't wait for that stupid elite to get here. i feel that the sooner i get that dumb piece of metal in my hands, the sooner i will be able to rock out that 3. i was reading somewhere that mossman said doing negs with the 3 won't get the job done..yeah i can agree. i am getting stronger but it isn't enough. i need some stinking progressive resistance. bastard piece of metal.

it's all i think about now. my midterms are over. all i have to do is sleep, eat, get rid of this stupid cold, and grip. only 15 hrs before the next session.

time to rest diesel.

• 2 weeks later...

it has been a little bit since i last posted (college spring break), yet unfortunately, nothing huge to report.

the damn bruise on my lefty got a lot worse over the break, extending from the base of my wrist to the middle of my ring finger. yeah, sweet. it didn't help that i did heavy bench and dead work over the break too...my freakin hand couldn't take it. somehow the brains to get me straight As in college don't get me too far for common sense. :(

screw it. it will heal. :angry:

let's talk about the righty though. this little beast is feeling real strong, and after a week's rest (executive decision on my part) i think i will be more than prepared in seeing how far i have come over the first couple weeks of KTA.

the end of the semester goal is the slam that 3 shut on video tape. i am also not a person to set a goal and not achieve. so now it is crunch time. i go into what i like to call diesel training. breathe, eat, and sleep the grip dream. and this is the segment of the show where i turn green, break through fences, and kick total arse.

time to fuel up with good ol' haagen dasz peanut butter fudge chunk

good test day. actually, it was a great day. both crush and i felt real good with our squeezes and feel like we should be owning our goal grippers real soon.

crush came within a quarter of that 2...gosh i thought it was going to go down tonight. soon though, very soon. he wants it bad, and that 2 quakes. :rock

i came within a half inch of the 3. the little hooch doesn't scare me. half inch, whatever. that is the progress i have made with doing negatives on the three...now that i finally got that BBElite, things are going to get ugly. :angry:

i want to see the handles fly off.

btw, the lefty feels a little better today...i can close it a little further and squeeze a tad without any pain. by the end of the week i should be money.

diesel up.

another good day.

attempts with the 3 again produced half inch results for the first two attempts, then a butchered third attempt (resulting in an inch).

overcrushes with the 2 seemed real smooth too. a lot better than yesterday and previous times attempted.

i feel now that i am doing negs with the elite and my overcrushing ability has gotten stronger, i should be making some noticeable gains relatively shortly.

good day though.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been feeling really strong lately, with both grip and my lifts. last night had some real decent strapholds with the 2...going to up the weight tonight. i love working with that elite too for negs.

real solid arms workout today.

smith machine shoulder presses:

95X15

135X10

185X6

200X3

followed by lat raises of 15, 20, and 30 lbs

straight bar curls:

95X10

115X7

125X6 (this one was a killer...my partner was egging me to keep at it)

followed by numerous tricep extensions, palms down and under grip, getting nice squeezes. barely could move my arms afterward. :D

wow. just wow. i totally put the hurt on the grippers tonight

first two shots with my elite were really good...got to a 1/2 inch on the first squeeze, then was able to force close it. i am not consistent with it yet, but i will get there soon.

i got real pissed on strapholds. my first set was with the BBSM with a 2.5, second was with 5 lbs. by my third set, i just experienced massive fatigue and had to go down to the 1. the last set was even worse. grabbed the T and put all the weight i have in the room (20lbs) on it....held it for a good amount of secs, no problem. :cool

my lefty is feeling good too. that bruise-problem has gone away, so i think i will be able to do heavier negs with it next week...my strapholds with it are up to par, i just have been afraid to go too heavy with it too soon..don't want it to flare up just yet on me.

very proud in getting through the first week of phase 2 of KTA. i want that 3 closed by end of finals week this semester. i want it bad. :angry:

tomorrow is leg day :whacked and off day on grippers.

now back to my reese's pieces bag

If you want it that bad, go and CRUSH it!! :mosher I pity the #3 gripper that is yours!!

yeah Dutch, i feel ya on that.

man, I am still sore from my leg workout on sunday. i am usually sore for days afterwards, but this is crazy...like i just did it yesterday or something. i am dying.

i had a real good grip session yesterday. real nice, hard squeezes with the elite. was able to force close a couple of them and could hold it at a quarter inch. felt nice. it is weird. either i am real strong on negatives or real strong on overcrushes/strapholds, but neither. my strapholds were ridiculous. totally pathetic. don't understand it, but as long as i am strong in one area, my day is made.

tonight i have two workouts (or i should have two workouts). i am pretty beat though from the past late nights studying for my finance exam (which i totally destroyed today..let's go 100%). tonight i should have back and chest, followed by day three, phase II of KTA. crush can't do it tonight cause he has two exams tomorrow. hectic here at school, for sure.

let's see if i can put a dent in some stacks tonight...

Great log Nick. You have made a lot of progress thus far.

BTW I feel your pain about this time of year in college. This semester the prof's have made absolutely EVERYTHING due the last few weeks of class along with studying for finals and arranging clients. May cannot come any faster.

Keep on working hard.

hey guys, thanx for the feedback and the encouragement. i def need it now.

my body seems to be falling apart. both of my palms are bruised, my joints hurt, my muscles in my hands ache. i want to keep on going, but my body is freaking out and screaming at me. i am ready to duct tape its' screams out, cause i can't lose focus. not me. not at this level. not this far.

i don't get discouraged often, but i can honestly say that my head and body is not in the right frame of mind for attempting a 3 close. girl problems, bro bs, and schoolwork (does it ever end) are just mounting up. i just can't seem to concentrate.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. PR 16:3

that is all i can do, right? sometimes I try to carry the burden of this all upon myself, and it just wears me down. like now. i gotta just let it go, and God knows I am trying.

whewww. I thank God that there exists a lot of positive individuals on the board. as i read other logs and posts, i am reminded that I am surrounded by a bunch of dedicated people. people that lift and prop you up and tell you to stand tall. i love those kind of posts.

until the next post, i will do my best to change things around. God is my true helper, let him take the burden.

i want to say thanx to all you guys, especially shane for that support. thanx buddy. it means a lot. :)

i took your advice and rested up yesterday. my mind is getting more focused, which is definitely a positive. i did up KTA late tonight with crush, and we were doing fairly well. i was honestly scared before i started this last workout; i usually don't get too discouraged about things, but it got to me. crush was awesome though...that kid was just slamming things shut right and left. really inspring me to work hard and remember who i am and what i was doing. if you aren't giving 100%, why bother right? (life is too short to go 50%) so i had some good squeezes with the elite. my sets kind of sucked with it, but i was able to hold it closed at anywhere from 1/4 to a 1/2 inch. i had two good strapholds with the BBSM too, but it seems when my righty gets tired, i quickly drop in my crush abilities.

thanx again for all the support :bow it is like a second family :)

• 2 weeks later...

Diesel, I noticed you are a college student how come I always read about your studying and homework but never of your binge drinking or crazy week end sexcapades. Very good progress to date.

well darco,

i don't binge drink, and i don't do sexcapades.

a couple reasons i guess. the first is that i take my studies very seriously, as the grades i receive now will help pave the way for success later. as some say C's get degrees, i believe A's get success. I don't want to be a failure, I don't want to be a bum, I want to be financially secure, and I want to know that I gave it my all (100%) in school. no second chances, no regrets, this is how i play ball in school.

i just don't have time to drink anymore. i have drank before (yes i am underage), but I have no need to do it anymore. in fact, i haven't drank in prob 5 months. i have been too busy with my school work, establishing a weight lifting organization here, networking, and listening to God's will. I feel like drinking and partying hard is too much a distraction to what i am trying to get done. I feel like i have a certain calling in school that echoes quite far, and I am now careful in choosing my activities. My actions are seen by many, and I now choose to be a lighthouse for others. Besides, the Bible warns against drinking heavily; at this time in my life, which by no will of mine has it become more spiritual and religiously charged, there is nooo way I am going against commandments in the Bible. Yes, I know, i am a sinner; but there are certain actions that we can always be fully aware of. It is my desire to remain pure, of heart, mind, and soul.

and this is where sexcapades come into play. i used to chase girls around at my own will, doing what i wanted to to who i wanted, and always feeling pain afterwards. after enough heartache, I began to ask God to direct me in meeting girls, that He would show His will and give me patience when it came to seeing girls. He very quickly paved the way, and I am now able to see myself with someone in the future. But the relationship needs to honor Him, first and foremost, and i rejoice in that fact because i know it will work. He is the necessary glue that makes it work.

Man darco, i didn't always used to be this religious. i had faith, but i never really listened to God before. it's just been really over the past two weeks or so that i have really zoned in on the whole 'God' thing. I find that when you obey his commands and seek His guidance, listen to His will, etc, etc, He blesses you beyond imagine. it is quite a site.

so, yeah, while i might miss out on drinking so hard i can't remember what i did, or having random hook ups with girls and taking advantage of them at parties i can't remember (cause i was so drunk), i now rejoice in the fact that God has given me all the drunkeness and joy i need for the time being....he has granted me certain gifts, certain pleasures, certain instances where i could feel as if i was so weightless i could fly. He has given it all, and i rejoice in the matter.

thanx for the comment on my progress, man. i haven't journaled in a while except in the goerner forum (asking for prayer, which by the way, is still very needed). God has been opening my eyes to things over the past two weeks. i have been still doing KTA, and still remain strong in my weighlifting, gripping, etc. it is funny darco, and i am not sure how quite to explain it. when God opens your eyes, you really listen. He gives you glimpses of His majesty, and holy smokes, that is all you want to see and experience. Instead of indulging myself in shots and quick sex, i am indulging myself with His presence. and that is more than enough for me :cool

so here i am, phase two, week something or other of kta. lots and lots of sets.

so i had a blood blister on my pinky last week. it ripped open gripping, but whatever. it gave my elite a nice coat of love. but i kept on gripping, and it kept on getting deeper, pussing and bleeding, pussing and bleeding. so it grew to almost a centimeter big on my pinky. sweet, right. nope. it hurt, and i think was starting to get infected.

but i can't look like a total puss in the last 'hard' week of kta. no way no how. and no way would crush let me skip this week--if he does it, i do it.

so i improvised a little bit and worked on three finger (index, middle, and ring) negatives. it was a little awkward at first, especially the negatives, but i got used to it toward the end of the workout. i actually got about a 1/4 inch on the BBSM with three fingers...felt pretty proud in that. strapholds were a little harder to work with, just because a three finger close isn't that natural and a little awkward to pick weights up. i was able to use the T with 20 pounds. i had attempted the 1, but it just seemed to difficult to pick weight up without my pinky to help crush it. i'll see what i can do today.

lefty is getting a lot stronger. i am very close to closing my BBSM. very close. i'll give it a whirl today, but within the next two weeks it will go down. also the bruising has chilled out some, which is, thank god, such a blessing

also, we just put in the order for apparel for my founded weightlifting organization on campus, Iron Alliance. i know smitty from dieselcrew knows about it (or was once called Brotherhood of Iron), and we had his support in the matter. i am excited. it is def a step forward for all who are involved.