David "Iron Grip" Horne V "Napalm" Jedd Johnson

David Horne

I've been unwell. Have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome and it's not been fun. Feeling better today and hopefully will recomence this week.

David

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• Jedd Johnson

• FrankyBoy

• pdoire

My performance has still been poor with this lift. But it feels like I am getting more stable in the wrist. I still can not get it off the ground with the thumbless grip.

-Jedd-

My performance has still been poor with this lift.  But it feels like I am getting more stable in the wrist.  I still can not get it off the ground with the thumbless grip.

-Jedd-

Have you tried pull it while its sits on a scale in order to see how close you are?

11th Session

Inch Holds (thumbless)

R/H 4 secs/ 2 secs/ 1 secs

L/H 2" lift/ assisted lift

Then a/w training later tonight.

After feeling unwell I was pleased to do this.

David

My performance has still been poor with this lift.  But it feels like I am getting more stable in the wrist.  I still can not get it off the ground with the thumbless grip.

-Jedd-

Have you tried pull it while its sits on a scale in order to see how close you are?

No I have not. However, I do not have a scale to do this with, either. Is this a technique of yours to gage progress, Mikael?

-Jedd-

I do it from time to time with blob lifts or plate pinches.

However I don't really feel happy because u just watch the scale and don't focus on the lift itself.

Whats better is to let someone check the scale for you or you just use a camera to catch the scales display.

Thats what I'll use in the future.

I do it from time to time with blob lifts or plate pinches.

However I don't really feel happy because u just watch the scale and don't focus on the lift itself.

Whats better is to let someone check the scale for you or you just use a camera to catch the scales display.

Thats what I'll use in the future.

Good point. Thanks for that tip. I will pass it on to the other Diesel Dudes.

-Jedd-

12th Session

Inch Holds (thumbless)

R/H 6 secs/ 2 secs/ Deadlift

L/H none today

Then wrist training.

I'm a bit frustrated that my hold times are not increasing by much, and that I have not deadlifted the Inch with my left hand. I believe that all the other training and of course 2 very hard armwrestling sessions a week are keeping it back. So really I should be pleased with what I am doing which I suppose is good considering all the other work. Of course the a/w is the #1 goal, and this training is going incredibly well not just for me, but also the other guys. At the weekend at a a/w contest up north my son Oliver won the 80k Novice class, and Jim Wylie won the 90k+ class and also a Superfight contest. I have my first a/w contest for 3 years in 13 days time, and I can't wait!! :yikes

David

Cheers John,

But I have to earn my points quickly this year so that I can qualify for the Europeans in Bulgaria in June. I have some good contests to do it in, and have lined up contests nearly every 3 weeks. Fingers crosses.

Oliver weighs 80k just, and will no doubt have to move up to the 85k class this year as he grows. He's loving his training and armwrestling.

Jim' Superfight was an armwrestling match against a Pro which he won. But maybe he's doing some fighting as well and not telling me lol. :laugh

David

David,

where are your a/w days in correlation to your workout days within the week? Maybe moving something around will help spark things. Keep us posted on how the tournament goes. Ive got mine in 9 wks and I cant wait.

Austin

Austin,

I'm happy with the a/w training, and in fact with it all really. Armwrestling is done on Tue and Fri nights. I also do chins and presses on Tue, and Bench and tricep work on Fri.

I will try to remember and put the a/w results on here if it interests people.

You've got plenty of time to get ready, and I hope you do well, and more importantly enjoy it.

David

-Jedd-

No I have not. However, I do not have a scale to do this with, either. Is this a technique of yours to gage progress, Mikael?

-Jedd-

Yes, at the moment I do not have access to any weights for pinching so I am standing on a scale while hanging on to a single rafter with a one hand pinch gripp. My best is 37.6k on the scale at a bodyweight of 83.6k.

13th Session

Inch Deadlift (thumbless)

R/H 6 secs/ 4 secs/ 1 sec

2.5" Dumbell hold (thumbless)

R/H 50k x 35 secs

L/H 50k x 20 secs/ 18 secs

Wrists to finish.

David

14th Session

R/H 2 secs/ 3 secs/ 4 sec

2.5" Dumbell hold (thumbless)

R/H 60k x 16/12 secs

L/H 60k x 13/10 secs

Wrists to finish.

David

15th Session

R/H 5 secs/ 2 secs

Wrists to finish.

Elizabeth video'd this tonight.

David

Edited by davidhorne

Dan,

Cheers. Yes, it's a 15k (33lb) disc.

We will take some more footage with some better times (this was the day after a/w contest, I was a bit tired), and also outside I think so it's not as dark. Not too bad for our (or should I say Elizabeth's first attempts) at videoing, etc.

David

Dan,

Cheers. Yes, it's a 15k (33lb) disc.

We will take some more footage with some better times (this was the day after a/w contest, I was a bit tired), and also outside I think so it's not as dark. Not too bad for our (or should I say Elizabeth's first attempts) at videoing, etc.

David

awesome Dave, truly awesome

:blink

Wow, those are some wrist curls. :whacked

Yeah - The Inch DB is flying! :mosher

• 2 weeks later...

16th Session

R/H 4 secs/ 3 secs/ 1 sec

L/H 1" lift

Wrists to finish.

Nothing special tonight. I'm absolutely sure that the amount of training of my wrists through the week and the armwrestling training is putting pay to any long holds on this challenge. I think if I was training for it specifically then it would be different, but I can't see me getting any better than the 8 secs I've done so far. I will go to using the Rolling Thunder on one day instead of the Inch for these last few weeks of this challenge, so I can get some longer holds in.

David

17th Session

R/H 5 secs/ 2 secs

Rolling Thunder Hold (thumbless)

R/H 72.5k 26 secs

L/H 72.5k 20 secs

Wrists to finish.

David