Two days ago

Farmers holds

222x30 sec

Farmers Deads

222x2

222x3

Gonna do regular deads tomorow

• 4 weeks later...

So after almost a whole month off from back work, I started out slow. It finally feels better though, I just hope it stays that way.

Stiff legged deadlifts

135x10

185x10

205x10

225x7

Back extensions

25# plate for 10

45#plate for 10x3 sets

45x10 drop to 25x5 drop to nothing x5. That was killer, I was already done for after the 10 with the 45.

I need to do regular deads soon, but I might wait just a little longer to be safe, I dont need another month off.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some lighter weight, higher reps to ease back into it still

no belt

135x10

185x15

205x15

225x15

If anyone that knows about deadlifting reads this, like maybe Eric, could you let me know what the difference between sumo and conventional is? I started putting my feet slightly farther apart, but I dont want to be pulling sumo. What is the poit between the 2?

Sumo is a much wider stance that involves more of the legs. Conventional is more stressful on the lower back. I prefer a conventional stance. When i pull i think about driving my legs into the ground and up goes the weight... I can pull about 550 now for 1RM.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_deta...training&id=199

What I was really getting at is that I want to pull coventional, because I have seen contests where sumo is not alowed. However, I do like my legs to be farther than I normally did. What is the cuttoff point between what is sumo and what is conventional. My guess right now is that for conventional, your stance is inside of your grip, where as in sumo your stance is outside of your grip. Is that it?

Thanks for the article smitty, it explained everything to me in a way that really made sense. Plus, I think I was one of those guys that would start to pull first, and my hips and legs would be straightining out before the lift even started. I am going to do some assistance work with my leg workout today, and then do regular and 18" deadlifts on sunday.

stiff legged deadlifts

135x10

185x10

235x7

185x10

Back extensions

45x10

45x10

25x22

regular deads

135x10

225x10

315x8

385x1

405x0 that was a close one

315x4 was dead after the 405 attempt

• 2 weeks later...

Deadlifted off a platform today. I touched my feet with the bar every rep, the weights were off the ground throught the whole set until I racked it. Really felt these in my lower back

135x10

185x10

225x10

275x5

Loaded the bar to 229 using only 25 and 22# plates. Made the bar much much lower to the ground.

Low bar deadlifts, no belt

229x12

229x12

229x12

Love the log! AGAIN we are at the same level. My best was 425x1 for deadlift , Im starting to wonder if your coping me :D Keep up the good work!

Regular deads

135x5

225x5

315x1

335x1

355x1

375x1

395x1

405x0 Maybe fresh? Maybe not.

Kurt, we do seem to be very close on the different lifts. I noticed you would like to sometime compete at the WSM. That is also my ultimate goal. Where do you live? It would be cool if we ended up competing at the same competiton sometime. Right now, it sounds like it would be a dead heat!

Woodstock, NY Closest strongman comp for me would be the Mud Huson somthing... Which is in pokipsee... BTW how old/tall/ and weight are you?

Kurt, I just turned 21, im 6'5" and 225. I want to stay in the under 231 class for this year and then move up to the heavyweights next year. I have about 5 pounds of fat that I could lose if need be, so that gives me 10 pounds of muscle that I could gain and still be in my class. I dont think that will be a problem.

Awsome your a big guy!! I think heavyweights would be your place man you could pack on some serius muscle on that frame. Do you ever plan to weight close to 300lbs?

Right now im 5'8 196-198lbs at about 16-18% bodyfat So im about 175 lean. Giving me a good 50lbs of muscle to gain ! I think ill fit right in the 105KG class forever.

Nice work on the deadlifts you got 405 in you fresh no problem!!

yea, I do wanna be around 300, maybe a little over. My girlfreind on the other hand.... she thinks I shouldnt gain anymore weight.

Sounds like you could dominate in the 105kg class. What kind of implements do you have?

I have made 2 thick bars, a farmers, one 280 atlas stone, an adjustable huseflt stone, a super yoke that just broke cause I have to leave it outside and the joints rusted out, and I just bought a steel log which is my new favorite piece of equipment.

I built a log.

Made a 15,16 dia atlas stones and ordered a 17 & 18 dia mold (which ill make stones for friends ex and thell help me pay it off).

Build some adjustable Farmers walks (185lbs a peice with no plates :D)

Made a 2'' thick bar axle.

Just ordered a Super Yoke from lance 2 weeks ago should be here this week maybe?

Thats about it, but its all I need. Eventully I want to make a good carrying stone (husefelt stone) and maybe get the conans wheel attachment for the yoke im getting.

hey guys, i just had to chime in here......i have dreams of WSM too......im 6' even, im 15, so i should still grow a couple inches, and im 210..i think id be about 200 lean....i just deadlifted 500lbs today so im Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.in happy about that...as for equipment, i have a home made log(14'' in dia, 200lbs empty :D ) im making farmers, i have a 150lb anvil, im buyin a super yoke, and im making a 310lb stone this summer...i have a huge collection of natural stones, from 200 to 350. cant think of anything else at the moment, have a nice day.

First of all to Strong Man To be...go get that 500, I know you've got it. To Moss man congrats on the 500 pound deadlift, that's great. Deadlifts have always been my favorite lift I just love picking up things yeah know and being tall it feels comfortable and all. I remember when I first decided to max out on the deadlift with little training I took 315 easy...After KTA the deadlift needs to come out again ;)

BigT, when you're on KTA, do some good mornings....i found that when i was training for the #3, my hands hurt so much that everything bothered them......so i did really heavy good mornings, which patched in all the weak areas in my dead(hips hams and glutes) give it a try

Worked on the 18" deadlift cause it will be an event in may

135 by a lot. just trying to get my form down.

225x1

315x1

335x1

365x1

385x1

405x1

415x0 got it half way up, but my hips and legs straightend before they were supposed to. was like trying to still leg it the rest of the way.

My form on these really suck, I had a buddy trying to help me by reminding my to keep my hips low, but it just feels like a really unnatural lift for me.

By the way, the 405 was in very good form, and it did not feel heavy at all. Thought I had 450 easy. Ill work more on my form.

regular deads.

Ill admit it, I used straps today. My left hand got tore up pretty bad from last tues, and I didnt want that to stop my deadlifting.

135x5

225x1

315x1

405x1PR

415x1PR!