Ironmind News.

2strong

RSW

Anyway, which means more: Placing in a grip contest or getting on the increasingly long Coc list? The honor of being a Coc had lost all meaning.

Do I agree with the statement? NO FREAKING WAY!!! I have been training my ass off to get the #3, there is honor in that. I would be honored to be COC and I WILL BE HONORED TO BE COC - even with the new rule.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Rob Vigeant

• OldGuy

• mobsterone

Unfortunately Hotmail doesn't like me right now, but I will send Ironmind an E-Mail as soon as it is up.

Far from eliminating people like me with small hands, and possibly most people anyway, this is just not Honorable. You CANNOT change the rules in the middle of the game!

I agree with Tom...just make a #5!!

Disgusting...

Yes, a 5# is the only way - that's my last word!

I agree with Rick. If the whole purpose was to keep the list low, the original silvercrush would have been more than sufficient. It seems to me that Ironmind got what they wanted when the numbers started skyrocketing.

If this were the rules from the beginning, no big deal. If everybody was competing on the same ground, no big deal. Heck, if Strossen wipes out all the certs and starts over, I wouldn't have much of a complaint. Then again, I would still be more interested in the MM cause that is the way I'm built- Much like the reason I prefer PL over strongman, because strongman favors the taller guys.

Seriously guys i don't know why anyones mad. THIS is what we small handed guys were going through with the stupid 1'' rule. The rule should be set it to a 1/4'' of an inch and close it. If you have big hands and an advantage AWSOME at least it doesn't make it so small hands can't even set it. The new rule isn't as bad for 8+ handed guys as the 1'' rule was for 7- guys. Who can close a gripper that they

set to a 1/4'' that they couldn't close before? and yes Rick an easy #3 i can rep for

about 15-17 and NOT close it with the NEW IRONBRAIN rule.

I like what Strossen has done. It will be bad for his certification program and at the same time good for the MM program.

I know I'm going to catch a lot of crap for this but in my OPINION-why have the gripper with a spread at all then?? Why not make one 1 inch apart from the beginning to negate all of this!!

Otherwise close the gripper fully with one hand because that was how they were designed. That's just the way it is.

And before anyone asks I WILL recertify if need be, and if I fail-I fail. Take me off the list until I can earn my spot.

One or two of the replies seem to think some of the 'old CoC' used a set. Most of us didn't. It's mostly the current crop of guys coming from the board who learnt about 'setting'. I closed mine without a set and yes I have large hands and even with a set could use the new rule - no problem.

Let's focus on training the full range.

So you must be close to the #4 still with the new rule right?

Now there's a question! Let me see how I get on at the Iron Grip. If I ain't going to the European then I'll focus on the CoC 4.

mobsterone:

"Ok - so like a post some time this week of mine - train to beat the new rules. There might be a certain smug satisfaction from telling Randall 'it don't matter what you do, that gripper is going down! Now hand me the certificate ass wipe!'"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funniest message I've ever read on this board.

edit:

I should add that when I started reading this thread, I thought that Sybersnott

had brought some age old thread back to life since it had so many replies...

Damn was I wrong

:D

One or two of

So you must be close to the #4 still with the new rule right?

Now there's a question! Let me see how I get on at the Iron Grip. If I ain't going to the European then I'll focus on the CoC 4.

What i'm saying is you were close to the #4

before the rule how about now?

I agree with Rick. If the whole purpose was to keep the list low, the original silvercrush would have been more than sufficient. It seems to me that Ironmind got what they wanted when the numbers started skyrocketing.

If this were the rules from the beginning, no big deal. If everybody was competing on the same ground, no big deal. Heck, if Strossen wipes out all the certs and starts over, I wouldn't have much of a complaint. Then again, I would still be more interested in the MM cause that is the way I'm built- Much like the reason I prefer PL over strongman, because strongman favors the taller guys.

Bob,

I bet when you close the #4 with a set you will be able to no-set the #3, even if you end up using three fingers to do it. How many fingers can you get on the gripper using Randy's rules?

IMHO, the set favors the small handed. I think grippers fit your hand best when they are a little over 8".

Robert

I think ultimately this will go the way of the "old coke" vs. "new coke" fiasco. IM will back down and then just make the new 3's as hard as a 4, therein eliminating the quick growth of the #3 list.

Brian

IMHO, the set favors the small handed. I think grippers fit your hand best when they are a little over 8".

Robert

If the set favors small handed. Then there must be at least

5 guys close to closing the #4 with a deep set.

Also, for those going for the #3, I'm sorry about this. I'm sorry I even bought higher grippers to reach that #3 goal. With my hands measuring a HUUUGE 6 1/2", I doubt I will ever reach that goal, unless I get crazy strong with my first two digits and close enough to then gradually set my other fingers on the gripper. Bill, I would appreciate you getting something going for the "up-coming" #3 closers. That would be awesome.

For the record I can only get three fingers on the gripper at the start of the no-set (hand size <8").

Must be nice to be able to get three fingers on the gripper no set, i can get most of my index finger and some of my middle finger on it.

Grippers now work my pinch grip...

ABSOLUTELY......... it is now a pinch grip movement

............This just in........Ironmind releases the "Setter" - not to be confused with the PDA "Choker". It allows you to set the gripper to exactly credit card depth, and is the only legal device for certification, just a mere $49.99.

Seriously, though, he has a niche market, and just pissed off about 99% of his loyal customers. I don't know what his Phd is in, but it's obvious it isn't business.

So sad, but what can you do. It's HIS company, HIS rules, and maybe once he's lost 50% or more of his business and has to shut down, her realize that he pissed off the wrong people. I'm still scratching my head as to WHY he would do this from a business, professional, moral, etc. standpoint.

Had a feeling something like this was coming. Still plan to pursue the #3, but I don't know if I'm COORDINATED enough to do it now!!!! I can see myself now, tied into a pretzel trying to use my AMEX gauge to see if I'm set Ok!!!!

a little over 8" is NOT a small hand. my hands are 7 1/4" and they're still at the least as large as most people i meet. in many cases, they're even quite a bit larger (ex- i'm 5'6" but my hands are slightly longer than my 5'10" roommate and almost 1/2" longer than my 6'3" roommate).

i can just barely close my #2 in ironmind's newly prescribed fashion. this is tantamount to a 3-fingered no-set close for me...the set allows just enough that my pinky is solidly touching the gripper at the start, but not in such a way allows me to actually use it for the first part of the close. i have long finger too, so i can imagine the disadvantage for people with the same size hand but a larger palm and shorter fingers.

i didn't plan on ever getting certified before the new rule. the rule, in conjunction with my own past customer service/ordering difficulties with Ironmind, seals the deal. the rule is a slap in the face to Ironmind's most ardent supporters/customers.

just my thoughts,

jeff

Looks like I will never get a chance to certify with my 7" hands.....Bastards. :angry:

I just got off the phone w/ Randy, and it's the narrow part of a credit card which is not that bad, but I still think it should be taken in a bit. Thats about a 2". Maybe I was the only one thinking it was the long end. He wanted to use the credit card because everyone has a credit card, it's a universal length on everyone of them, so it took away from the guessing of the 1". Well, I think maybe he should find something that doesn't jump nearly 1 more inch.