Kettlebell exercises to improve wrist strength

Kluv#0

23 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You gotta stop it! I'm running out of ways to say "awesome lifts" or "nice video"!

Thanks, I appreciate!  I post too much but coming up with new exercises and PR train is still rolling. Thanks for checking out my vids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

100 LB plate rim rows thumbless x 10 & The Beast x 12 Wrist Deadlift (PR) when I first started this thread( 2 1/2 months ago) after not doing KB since surgery my PR was 88LB x 12!! Hand and wrist getting massively stronger- Also, my finger strength is slowly improving after no direct training for 9 months. Consistency is the key in most endeavors.

Wrist and finger madness!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Wrist and finger madness!

Thanks big man! My wrists are feeling good-almost at my peak of 2019-2020.  I got 100LB rim row idea from watching Kurt Weidner- strong bodybuilder- and I changed it a bit and do it thumbless which makes it much harder and more effective for fingers. Appreciate the continued support.

• Like 1

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks big man! My wrists are feeling good-almost at my peak of 2019-2020.  I got 100LB rim row idea from watching Kurt Weidner- strong bodybuilder- and I changed it a bit and do it thumbless which makes it much harder and more effective for fingers. Appreciate the continued support.

Great to hear man!

I am sure you will soon reach your peak and beyond!

It looks like a great exercise.

• Thanks 1

I just did a kettlebell deadlift with a 32kg,... I tried it a hand full of times tonight, managed to get a few decent reps in.  I normally workout in the morning but had to put it off to after work...  Its much easier to do wrist stuff before mixing 30 bags of concrete... I think i could have done it for a sets of 2 or 3. 

Going to add this one to the routine. I recorded it but i'm too lazy to make a youtube account and upload it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I just did a kettlebell deadlift with a 32kg,... I tried it a hand full of times tonight, managed to get a few decent reps in.  I normally workout in the morning but had to put it off to after work...  Its much easier to do wrist stuff before mixing 30 bags of concrete... I think i could have done it for a sets of 2 or 3. 

Going to add this one to the routine. I recorded it but i'm too lazy to make a youtube account and upload it.

That is excellent weight and glad that you liked them. Once you get about 5 sessions in you will be amazed at progress and your wrists attitude! Keep doing what you do!

134 LB 3" Axle(telephone pole) thumbless hold and 122 LB x 6 Kettlebell Wrist Deadlift. I confirmed yesterday that my Inch DB when weighed diagonally on scale is 177 freakin pounds- I bought another scale(coming today) to verify:( 

• Like 2

KB wrist work this A.M. and a 12lb sledgehammer ulnar deviation rows video- I came up with this idea in 2019 during summer of rows(best collection of rowers ever) my PR is 5 reps but my ulnar strength is not quite at 2019 level- yet..

• Like 3

Sideways Wrist strength and some silly towel/hanky Kettlebell curls with "the Beast" LT you know you know

• Like 2

Strange that this is my most liked video ever on YT- 25KG rim lift so I will share with GB

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 3

Man what a ripoff, I did that and I'm half your bodyweight and nobody cared haha. 

2 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Man what a ripoff, I did that and I'm half your bodyweight and nobody cared haha. 

Last 3 fingers and off hand? Video or it did not happen

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Last 3 fingers and off hand? Video or it did not happen. It was a very easy "feat" but provide your video(prior to this) that shows not using your thumb or index.

Edited by Kluv#0

I did it with both hands, but only full right hand on video and did it with first 3 fingers of each hand afterwards. Didn't consider last 3, but I have zero doubt I can do it will have to try next time I'm down at Jedds. I actually think 2 fingers is possible just didn't have any good attempts left after whatever competition we had done. 

Just now, Climber028 said:

I did it with both hands, but only full right hand on video and did it with first 3 fingers of each hand afterwards. Didn't consider last 3, but I have zero doubt I can do it will have to try next time I'm down at Jedds. I actually think 2 fingers is possible just didn't have any good attempts left after whatever competition we had done. 

Thats what I thought no video. Next time? you said you had done it and nobody cared- LMAO. 

I had done a 4 finger lift, and first 3. I didn't realize your video was last 3 fingers which I haven't done. I will definitely try last 3 and make some attempts at 2 fingers since I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Just now, Climber028 said:

I had done a 4 finger lift, and first 3. I didn't realize your video was last 3 fingers which I haven't done. I will definitely try last 3 and make some attempts at 2 fingers since I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Please don't post on my thread- I don't give a fuc! what you are capable of- I run my own race. IGNORED

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Strange that this is my most liked video ever on YT- 25KG rim lift so I will share with GB

Absolutely INSANE how is that even possible with such a tiny rim.

Extremely impressive!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DevilErik said:

INSANE how is that even possible with such a tiny rim.

Extremely impressive!

Thanks big man. I know of a couple of men who have done it middle/index fingers. It certainly could be dicey lift with less than 3 fingers and approx 4MM rim depth. Upper class climbers could do one finger without a doubt. I like the 100lb plates much better and 3/4" rim more desirable for me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks big man. I know of a couple of men who have done it middle/index fingers. It certainly could be dicey lift with less than 3 fingers and approx 4MM rim depth. Upper class climbers could do one finger without a doubt. I like the 100lb plates much better and 3/4" rim more desirable for me.

Climbers have crazy finger strength for sure I personally think your lift is more impressive though because you aren't a climber.

Not to take anything away from climbers but finger/fingertip stuff is pretty much all they do and what they're used to.

For someone to come in as a non climber and pull off this type of lift is insane.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilErik said:

Climbers have crazy finger strength for sure I personally think your lift is more impressive though because you aren't a climber.

Not to take anything away from climbers but finger/fingertip stuff is pretty much all they do and what they're used to.

For someone to come in as a non climber and pull off this type of lift is insane.

I trade stock options so I do CLIMB "the wall of worry" LOL

• Haha 1

Uplift and lift heavy according to a mod here- good advice. 110 LB Rim Hold Thumbless at end of very productive gripper/KB workout. 

Edited by Kluv#0
Deleted my childish comment
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Memo to anyone who trolls - good idea not to get beat by 4 ladies(squeaked by a 5th)in a grip contest. Uplift and lift heavy according to a mod here- good advice. 110 LB Rim Hold Thumbless at end of very productive gripper/KB workout. 

Finger pulleys of steel!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Finger pulleys of steel!

Thank you, Iam trying!

• Like 1