Rolling Thunder Log

Tom Scibelli

Hey i got a question about the CTD challenge- Can you lift the RT with one hand and then do the gripper with your other hand and so forth or does it all have to be with one hand? I read the rules and didn't see anything that said you couldn't.

Anyone who can lift 200 lbs on the RT won't need to switch hands.

I'd agree but I saw a video Juha posted awhile ago when he was running a CTD challenge and one of the competitors he had there actually lifted 200 lbs and then couldn't CCS a #2. I was honestly just wondering if that was a specific rule or not tho..

Another reason I'm asking this question is because I injured my left hand (strong hand) and cannot do grippers without sharp pain but RT gives me no problem I lifted 172.5# pain free not too long ago. So if i did 200# LH RT could I switch to my RH and ccs a #2 and still have it count?

Never mind I found Juha's old vid it was the hub he had a problem with.. But he ended up getting it later in the video. And the vid actually answered my question LOL Juha used his Left hand to pull RT/hub and crushed the gripper with his RH. Sorry for hijacking your thread Tom here's the video:

• Like 1

Tom, how did your meet go?

Hey Josh, I'm exactly one week out for the meet, gettin pretty pumped!

Never mind I found Juha's old vid it was the hub he had a problem with.. But he ended up getting it later in the video. And the vid actually answered my question LOL Juha used his Left hand to pull RT/hub and crushed the gripper with his RH. Sorry for hijacking your thread Tom here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ViNaAYdS9k

No problem Durrs, yeah you can switch hands, the rule say lifting everything within 3 minutes of starting. Edited by Tom Scibelli
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've taken a long enough break, it's time to get back to work and accomplish what I set out to do a year ago when I started this log. So I'm going to be running a three day a week program starting tomorrow. I did a max today to see where I was at, I might of had a little more in me. Oh yeah and I'm going to be using pounds this time. So this is 173lbs: https://www.instagram.com/p/_A3lsCkfVI/

• Like 4

easy lift, you'll get right back to where you were... thickbar comes and goes fast... CTD gonna be very easy for you at some point soon

• Like 1

Ok, I've taken a long enough break, it's time to get back to work and accomplish what I set out to do a year ago when I started this log. So I'm going to be running a three day a week program starting tomorrow. I did a max today to see where I was at, I might of had a little more in me. Oh yeah and I'm going to be using pounds this time. So this is 173lbs: https://www.instagram.com/p/_A3lsCkfVI/

Pounds!!! - humor

easy lift, you'll get right back to where you were... thickbar comes and goes fast... CTD gonna be very easy for you at some point soon

Thanks Jon,hope so!

Pounds!!! - humor
Haha, yeah I finally got my pound plates from my old place, so I decided to just use them instead of messing up my good plates.

W1D1

1hp: 50x9 x2

RT: 125x9 x2

Well this was my attempt at the comp (9/19). I couldn't hold on to it at the top, I've taken the week off to kind of think about things, I don't want to give up on my goal of 90kgs, but I want to work different things, 1hp, blobs, gripper, but I need to figure out a way forward.

Very nice! You'll get it! Congrats!

Well this was my attempt at the comp (9/19). I couldn't hold on to it at the top, I've taken the week off to kind of think about things, I don't want to give up on my goal of 90kgs, but I want to work different things, 1hp, blobs, gripper, but I need to figure out a way forward.

https://youtu.be/lxsYXFywHdY

Very nice! You'll get it! Congrats!

Thanks Mike!

In terms of allround lifting I can say that you are one of the more well rounded all over strong guys here. The CTD or RT challenge is no sinecure due to the crazy weight on the RT. In terms of The big three lifts you are very consistent man with your work. One lift I don't see you doing a lot is OHP btw, now I know you do more than enough already but any particular reason?

In terms of allround lifting I can say that you are one of the more well rounded all over strong guys here. The CTD or RT challenge is no sinecure due to the crazy weight on the RT. In terms of The big three lifts you are very consistent man with your work. One lift I don't see you doing a lot is OHP btw, now I know you do more than enough already but any particular reason?

Thanks Geralt! I do like the OHP and would do it, but the basement where work out has low ceilings so I can't do it standing. I could do it seated and have done it like that a little, but it's not the same.