Gripinator Vs Other Gripper Tools

bigbuffdan

I hope it's really that cheap because if so that's definetly a potential Christmas present. I would love to get to use one again now that I know how to properly do so. They had one in the college weightroom but I knew even less about grip than I know now and I was one of those jacka$$es who loaded it to full capacity and ended up doing a grip/row/leg press with the weight and thought I was the grip king. I was in for a real shocker when after maxing out that thing I was still an 1/8 away from a #2.

No idea nowadays, but that was the price a few years back. I would get them while you can as HS will most likely stop making them, if they havent already.

Having doubts about your Gripinator? :yikes

No idea nowadays, but that was the price a few years back. I would get them while you can as HS will most likely stop making them, if they havent already.

Having doubts about your Gripinator? :yikes

I always like using various equipment.

If I had the space, I would have a ton of different pieces including some MedX.

That and if I was a millionaire! :)

I'm curious as to why John Wood seems to think the particular HS machine is nearing the end of its run.

I'd also be interested in any info on the HS rotator cuff machine.

John and I have talked grip machines in the past. I understand his points and agree with most.

However, I'll never have doubts about my Gripinator. If anything it's too effective.

-HH

Just spoke to a german dealer:

750 bucks :whacked

Just spoke to a german dealer:

750 bucks :whacked

I figured it had to be close to a 1000 bucks.

I'm curious to know just who in the hell you think you are Dave Kline , demanding information from me while having questioned my moral standing earlier in this thread. You can't even tell us where youre from.

Ok, I'll be a nice guy on this one. Hammer Strength has redesigned several machines taking out some of the steel to make them more cost effective. In just about every case, this has lowered the quality of the machine. They are seeking to cut costs and also as a result doing away with less popular machines. Since few people understand grip strength, the gripper is made in short supply. I'm not sure about the rotator cuff.

Of course the HS Gripper costs $750 in Germany, it has to be imported from America. Hell, they even throw in the paint and seat pad for free.

I made phone calls today to LifeFitness and spoke with a sales rep

by the name of Adam Muniz.

He quoted me a price of $349.00 for the Hammer Strength grip machine.

Also depending on your where you live in the country state wise, he can

discount the price 10%.

$20 for shipping

Adam`s phone number : 1-800-735-3867/extension 3827

Reasonable price and shipping. The machine is also compact. I came across one in a gym a long time back before I trained grip so never even tried it.

Reasonable price and shipping. The machine is also compact. I came across one in a gym a long time back before I trained grip so never even tried it.

Not too bad OldGuy... He did say Florida boys get the 10% ;)

How big is this thing - it appears to be maybe chair size - $20 for shipping seems like a heck of a deal - it can't be all that light. Is that shipping to Florida or anywhere in the states?

This is a kind of general question about the mechanics of the SW, Gripanator, and HS machines. They all appear to have a force draw curve that is not perfectly linear like a guilatine style has. What I mean is hard for me to explain but hopefully some of you can understand my ramblings well enough to explain. Example is SW - as you lift the handle, it appears that the lever arm gets longer by the pivoting action around the handle base point. If this is true(I've never seen a SW, only the pictures), then it should have more resistance the closer to closed it becomes. Both the Gripanator and HS machines also seem to increase lever arm length as they pivot, but perhaps not quite as much. Comments anyone who has actually used all three - is this true and if so, how much change in resistance occurs?

oth the Gripanator and HS machines also seem to increase lever arm length as they pivot, but perhaps not quite as much. Comments anyone who has actually used all three - is this true and if so, how much change in resistance occurs?

I regularly train on the Gripinator, and I would have to comment that the lever arm length is too short for full ROM training. The difference in weight between the closed and open to 3" position is far too close to mimic the mechanics of a gripper. Your sweep would far out pace your close if you trained the full ROM.

Same problem with the guillotene machines, plus you are giving all your fingers equal leverage. The gripinator more closely mimics the leverages of a gripper.

Most of my training on the gripinator is just using a 3/4" ROM with a cut handle. I like it alot, but it is a very expensive machine that has become more expensive since I purchased mine 2 years ago.

The gripinator is also a good choice if you live in a small Manhattan apartment. I keep mine on the dining room table. :D

How big is this thing - it appears to be maybe chair size - $20 for shipping seems like a heck of a deal - it can't be all that light.  Is that shipping to Florida or anywhere in the states?

Length-43"

Width-23"

Height-47"

Weight-65lbs.

Now that you mentioned it Climber, I presume the $20 shipping cost was for

Florida. Florida gets a 10% discount due to a distributor being in the state.

My apologies for neglecting to clarify the shipping with Adam in the first place.

My bad!

If one is lucky enough to have a distributor in their state, then I presume the

shipping would be $20....

I was just scribbling down the numbers as Adam was quoting and pressing

to make a sale :)

How big is this thing - it appears to be maybe chair size - $20 for shipping seems like a heck of a deal - it can't be all that light.  Is that shipping to Florida or anywhere in the states?

Length-43"

Width-23"

Height-47"

Weight-65lbs.

Now that you mentioned it Climber, I presume the $20 shipping cost was for

Florida. Florida gets a 10% discount due to a distributor being in the state.

My apologies for neglecting to clarify the shipping with Adam in the first place.

My bad!

If one is lucky enough to have a distributor in their state, then I presume the

shipping would be $20....

I was just scribbling down the numbers as Adam was quoting and pressing

to make a sale :)

Whether its $275 or $295 or $349(with another 10%)off it is a heck of a piece of equipment.

Before this thread? i didn't know how inexpensive it was either-AND i didn't realize WHAT a value it was.

You can use it seated for closes,heavy holds or negatives and you can use it standing(facing it) in a manner similar to other 'gulliotine'type grippers.

The seat upholstery/padding and the powder coating(paint)set it apart to.You get into powder coating and have to spend some time on 'nice'upholstery and it brings the manufacturers cost up.

Sounds like they don't gouge on shipping either.

(heck I always thought the gym here had paid a ton of money for it too :blink )

The Hammer Strength Gripper and Kinney's Secret Weapon are both mechanically superior to the Gripanator as well as cheaper. You could probably get both for that price.

I respectfully disagree with part of this statement, where it says; the Kinney Secret

Weapon is mechanically superior to the Gripanator.

BWAHHHHH HA HA :laugh Yer Killin' me man :laugh

I own both

where do you buy kinneys secret weapon :blink

Joe Kinney used to sell secret weapons. You should ask him.

How do I contact him or whats his email address :dry

Joe Kinney used to sell secret weapons.  You should ask him.

How do I contact him or whats his email address :dry

Use the FAQ forum or search.

We are a crew here on the gripboard who help those who first help themselves. :)