My Gripper Log..

ishred

8/30

back and biceps

rack pulls from lowest pin

135 x 10 (double overhand, i can't do hook grips)

225 x 10 (double over)

315 x 5 (mixed, did one rep with double over)

315 x 5 right to 225 x 9

bent over row

135 x 10

155 x 10

165 x 9

135 x 10

Pull downs

100 x 10

130 x 10

160 x 8

wrists were feeling funny so i skipped biceps.

Did some plate pinching

ripped 2 25's off the floor easy a few times

pulled up the 2 25's and passed it back and forth about 10 times or so.

tried 2 35's...no go...then pulled with both hands and let go of the left...held for about a second before it dropped.

Then did holds with one hand and thumb and index of other hand.

then with 2 fingers both hands.

Its funny how i did his much being that i couldn't close my #1 earlier today. hands are fried now.

9/1

was gonna do chest and triceps...my right wrist felt funny during pressin movements. so i skipped todays training and moved on to grip training.

pinching

2 25's...passed them back and forth easy

decided to do 2 handed pinch. grabbed 2 45's...held for a while.

then tried to put a bar inbetween to add weight. wasn't working too well.

back to 2 25's. lifted both hands easily

then grabbed 3 10's. pulled easy with either hand.

then i told my buddy, i'm pulling 4 10's today.

grabbed another 10, my buddy made a few attempts. best was getting it 2 inches before he dropped.

then i dug in with my right...and pulled to full deadlift easy, held for a few seconds and put it down. then i dug in with my left, same thing, except this time i threw them down and cursed at them :)

Then i went for 5 10's, but i think my hands are too small. can just get all my finger tips around the edge.

Then i tried to simulate a thickbar since my gym doesn't have. So i put some weights on one end of an oly bar and pulled that one end with one hand. went up to 140lbs. I guess thats ok for a 2" thick bar and after frying my hands.

then i wanted to try some vbar. So i grabbed the pin for the power rack. 1" thick, smooth as butter. threw 3 45's on..pulled with left and the right easy. then did 180lb..same result. had to squeeze hard though. tore off some skin. then went to 225lb. harder, but i managed to do it. bent the bar in the process :)

9/3

Legs

squats

135 x 10

185 x 10

225 x 6

225 x 6

Partial squats...probably 3/8's :)

315 x 10

405 x 6

went for 505, gave it all i had, but i couldn't get it off the rack. almost blacked out on that attempt. *note to self, do not do heavy partials after doing full squats.

i was feeling funny after that so i skipped the hamstrings, did some calfs and left.

seated calfraise

180 x 15

270 x 10

360 x 10

standing...whole rack 250lbs or so x 15

have you tried doing the 5 10's with 2 hands ishred, thats what i do, not quite sure how much easier it is grip wise but im the same can just about get my finger tips over the edge but i can get them up to about knee hight before they explode and half the gym looks to see what im doing :)

haha, i love it when i get that look from all the gym weenies. I can't wait to see their faces when i walk in with my rt and vbar.

I haven't tried it 2 handed but i will next time.

9/8

Did some RT work (my rt, not Im's)

90lbs...(don't have anymore plates that fit)

did a bunch of lifts with both hands and held for time.

Then i did a bunch of lifts for time with both hands at the same time with my hands straight (there is about an inch and half gap between my thumb and middle finger) so the weight goes right to the open area.

held for as long as i could each time. Hands were hurting good.

Sledge work

levered in all directions with 5lb'er

9/9

did some plate pinching

warmed up with 2 25s...(wow after a couple weeks 2 25's is easy)

moved on to 2 hand pinching. started with 2 45's did a few pulls

added 20lbs...did a few pulls. ripped out a big chunk of skin by my thumb.

went back to 2 25's.

back to 2 handed with 2 45's and squeezed as hard as i could for 15 seconds (as per bill piche)

vbar

135...easy

180....easy

225...ouch

180...easy

205...easy

215....almost easy

225...ouch

• 2 weeks later...

9/21

In pain from contest and next day training.......

My gym membership is up and i don't have the money right now to renew it. So i will be doing some workouts at home.

I am welding some pipe onto my dumbbells. the pipe is about 2 7/8" outside Diameter. I can't wait to start training with my new thickhandle dumbbells.

I'm not gonna update this log for a while, but I will be training intensely when i'm rested. :rock

Ishred, I noticed that you have passed the plates back and forth while pinching them. Have you tried passing them around your body? It's excellent work and vastly different than the hand to hand pinch back and forth. It will only help your quest for the (5) 10s.