Thaibox

Thanks Josh

Yesterday.....

BENDS(light)

4" 3/16 suare stock......this short stuff is tough for me

10 different short lengths of 1/4 round crs

couple blues

couple of cheap wrenches

Doing SUB-maximal bends for a while, then I'll try a G8 and also see what I can do to a red.

SLEDGE

8# forward, rear, overhead, sides

10# same

TEARING

6 decks of cards(chinese)...I'm finally getting a good feel for card tearing. It took me a while of straining my ring and pinky, but now I think I'm getting it.

The Malaysian cards from the dollar store are freakin' tough. Clay warned me of this, but I had to see for myself.

3# ROTATIONS

Yesterday....

Did some chest and shoulders

10 IM blues

2 G5's

I was going to continue with heavier bends, but my buddy came by to pick me up early and he had a pizza. I have my priorities, so the nails were put down, and the beer and pizza hit the table.

Stopped by the Dollar Tree and bought 20 packs of cards. Will shred them Saturday and do some heavy bend attempts for the first time in a while.

In CA for a couple days. Despite the fact that I suck in the gym now, its good to be able to train with my old lifting buddies again. Had my first gym lift in a while. Hit back pretty heavy and did some ballistic work in the rack.

After my gym training I tried another G8, but again I only L'd it. DAMN!!

2 60's

5 G5's

5" G5 attempt. Kinked

gonna see how many cards I can tear today. 4 decks so far, but its only 1pm.

Get on that Grade 8!! Give me a call if you want to hook up this weekend.

Clay, I'm trying bud.

Erik, thanks you schlub :cool

Today.......

TRUCK PUSHING/PULLING

I had my girl steer, and I pushed my 4runner around a parking lot as fast as I could(wasn't very fast) with the e-brake partially on. Then did some pulls with a tow strap. It was about 111 degrees today, so that was really taxing me. Then my back took a big crap, so I took a short Airconditioned break, hydrated, then slapped on my belt tight and hit it again. Bad idea. Went home and laid on the floor for a couple hours with some temp therapy and ibu.

BENDS

warm-up with

2 60s

1 G5

then...

G8 got the kink under/over, then began the overhand crushdown. Then my back took its final flop and I had to pop a couple painkillers and lay down again. INJURIES ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!! Hard to make progress when your body sucks ass.

Gonna give it a few hours and do some card tearing, rotations, and maybe some sledge work which shouldn't screw with my back too much.

Yesterday......

Thanks to my back, I did a weanie bodybuilder style workout at the gym(I hate gyms). Came home and kinked.

KINKS(no crushdown) over/under

10 blues

10 G5's

3 5.5" G5's

1 G8

5 blues

I'm going to start adding kink days once a week or so. I guess since I have all this kinked shit laying around, I'll have one crush down day also.

Will train later today

101 degrees, pretty humid. I thought I'd get out there before it got too hot. Suppose to be 112 later.

Bought 200lbs of sand and filled a thai bag with it. Also, bought two concrete pillars and put 3" handles on them.

Carried my bag up hill til I had to dump it. Walked back and carried the pillars a little shorter. Shouldered the thai bag and walked as far as I could, but I got dizzy and dumped it, tried to shoulder it again, but I fell down with it. I woke up with only one eye functioning properly. I think I might have to start going to the gym for the next few weeks until this heat passes. :angry: I hate gyms

Will bend later

DON'T DIE IN THE DESERT!!

How is your eye doing now?

That's hard core Thai! You make my workouts look pretty wimpy...

You've been making fantastic progress on the bending too, good job!

Thanks John

Clay, my eye took about 2+ hours to return to normal. Kinda scared me.

BENDS

w/u with 2 60's

Red, couldn't even kink the damn thing today

G8, couldn't kink that either :angry:

Feel like poop, I'll get them tomorrow. Bad day today :dry

Thanks Josh, thats what my therapist said too.

I found the solution to the fact that its 10000 degrees outside and I hate gyms. MY GUEST ROOM! Today I bought a squat rack, bench, olympic bar, cambered bar, 6 plates, 2 35's, 2 25's, and I'm waiting on the arrival of a RT and some other toys. HEhehehehe:yikes I even have a water cooler in there. hehe

The hubs on the plates are no good, but they're great for pinching!:rock

Gonna put up a big Kaz poster and airbrush a kickass mural on the wall. Hang all my grippers, and rows of bent shit all over the other wall.

Now I just need more plates, DB's, and some mats. Unfortunately I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment, so I gotta keep the stones in the desert.

Now I'm on my way to shop for a reaaallly loud stereo :mosher

Its like Xmas, I think I'm gonna cry :tongue

Sounds like it'll be a sweet set-up. You must have found a buried treasure under one of your stones out in the desert to purchase all that stuff :D

Now thaT I have my gym rolling, I also just got my RT in the mail and made my very first pull a couple days ago. Then had to scream down to TX to work. I'm stuck here with no time, energy or gear, so my training log will be dead for a while.......

Okay, imporvisation at its best. :D

2:30AM

Mossberg 500 12g levers

(by the pistol grip) front 8 x 3

overheads 5 x 3

wanted to hold by the barrel, but it has a tac light

Side twists 3 x 15

It was loaded with 6 in a side strap, not sure how much it weighs

It also has a 3pt sling, so I did single finger lifts with it. Each finger until til failure.

Used the sling for 1 and 2 finger extnensor holds as well. That burned pretty good.

Edited by Thaibox

Gooood work. Maybe try some plate curls by the stock, depending on how tall you are????????

• 4 weeks later...

It has a pistol grip jad, but good idea :D

from yesterday.....

Okay, after too long of working 22.5 hour days and no training, I'm back to it. Feeling weak and small.

LIFTS

Overhead presses, incline presses, dips

RT

This is my second try on my new RT and my first workout with it. I broke the ground with 4 plates. I was pretty pissed at myself. That sucked. I always thought my rt numbers would be solid. Sissy. So I just did timed holds with 2 plates x 8.

CRUSH

filed #2 overcrushes x 10

filed #1 overcrushes x 10

#3...did not close :angry:

Tomorrow will be better

How do you condition your shins? Just kick lots of stuff?

Yesterday after lifting.....

RT

4 plates, broke the ground a little easier than the first time

Misc holds for time X 8

ROTATIONS

3lbr's ~5-6 minutes per hand

Clay, this time I was using a Kali stick(treated rattan fighting stick) and a 2.5" thck bar. I used the thick bar for grinding (rubbing/rolling up and down really hard), then I used the kali stick for impact. I haven't been keeping up on this, so I actually have feeling coming back into my shins which sucks. Back in CA, I had 2 trees cut down to 4 feet tall that I used to round kick. That worked pretty well. I'll condition my forearms today after grip training.

Why don't you just save your shins and buy another gun? :)

Clay, my concealed carry permit is no good in CA, I need something :D

Having a bad back week. Walking is pretty tough, driving and sitting suck. Have to improvise training a lot.

BENCH

135 x 20 with knees up X 4

DIPS

10 x 3

no extra weight today

SEATED INCLINE CURLS ...........bodybuilder type crap that I only do when injured

25 x 25

35 x 20

40 x 15

TEARING

2 decks

Gonna lay on the floor until morning now.

Might do some light bending later.