New Journal

Thaibox

After over ten years of being dedicated to training and diet, I slipped. I've been slacking for 6 or 7 months and I can't remember being this small or weak(probably around 230). Now I'm back into it. Soon, I will bend a red and demolish all the goals I wimped out of before.

6:30 AM

swam the width of Canyon lake. Its a pretty big lake, and it tore me up. I passed out when I returned to shore. I need new goggles.

10:00AM

BENDS

10 TT's

5 60d's

1 G5

5 TT's

Too early to bend, I'll do more later. The swim kicked my butt, I need a nap.

Get on it Eric. We both know you're too strong to slip.

Edited by ClayEdgin

Thanks big bro. You've definately helped get me serious again.

I won't be doing that job for quite a while if at all now, so I shaved all that damn hair off. I think that mop was keeping me down. I feel stronger and faster without all that weird stuff on my head. :happy

BENDS (light)

10 IM blues

5 galv 60s

10 6 " G2s

3 5.5" G2s

Chest and tris are sore from inclines and flies yesterday, so the crush down was painful on all of these. Gonna stop here and save my energy for a better workout tomorrow.

IM HUB

30# to lockout x 15 seconds x 3

35# to lockout

40# to lockout

Stopped at 40# because this is the first time in about a year I've been able to do these without extreme pain.

Thanks guys.

This past weekend :

Saturday------------

Double end bag work 2 minute intervals X 5

Kali stick katas for about 15 minutes solid. High speed. Kickass warmup for wrists and decent short cardio.

BENDS

10 60's

5 G5's

10 TTs

ROTATIONS

3lbers for unknown time

SLEDGE

thick handled 8# various front, back, sides

10# front, back, sides, overs

Sunday---------

IM HUB

25# 20 seconds

35# 20 seconds

45# to lockout

47.75# to lockout with left, maybe a foot off the ground with right

50# x 0

30# 20 seconds

CRUSH(light)

IM SG work for reps, nothing heavy

light work with COC #2 and filed #2

6:30AM (its already 90 degrees outside)

DRAGS

50yds forward

50yds reverse

25 yds forward (heavy) forward

25 yds forward (heavy) reverse

STONE THROWS for distance

Heavy X 12

Medium X 12

light X 15

Gotta bring a scale to weigh my stones. I'm guessing the light is around 35-40lbs, the medium around 55 and the heavy is between 75 - 80.

Gonna eat a huge breakfast and bend a crapload of steel later

Todays motivational tunage was Slipknot and Disturbed :mosher

9AM

BENDS

222.5kg challenge bar (much much easier than the 230)

6 galvenized 60's

2 dark 60's

6 grade 5's

5" grade 2

7" 5/16 grade 2

IM HUB

30# 15 seconds

40# lift to chin with left, lockout with right

45# lockout R & L (longer hold with left)

50# lockout with left *PR

50# broke the ground and dumpeed it with R

Workout fueled by White Zombie and Hatebreed :mosher

Edited by Thaibox

Sounds like you're well on your way to nailing that red. Those 5/16" x 7" G2's are no cakewalk. Someone (Eric Milfeld?) once told me that the 6" ones are about as hard as reds.

Despite a fairly high volume grip workout earlier today, I made my first Grade 8 attempt, because I'm just that stupid.

I terminator'd the initial kink, to my surprise...it kinked fairly smoothly, then transfered to double overhand and it continued to move a little. I had to put it under my chin to get any more movement out of it. I got a few more degrees and thought the bolt was going to tear through my hand, so I stopped for about 10 seconds to adjust my grip and try to move the pressure point a little to prepare for the crushdown. It tore the skin off both my palms and was hurting really bad, but I couldn't let the little bastard win. I finally got it a little past 90 degrees and had to give in. At this point I braced a little on my leg to see if I could get anything else out of it(something I never do, but I made the exception for the end of this), and squeezed out a maybe a cm of movement if that. My hands are numb. I wonder if I could have killed it if I didn't do all the work I did this morning. :dry I'll give myself one day off of bending and try another in two days.

Grade 8 partial bend

Kick ass!

Dump the goggles andd get a mask. Goggles are a pain in the ass. One eye will always leak or fog up; it's just SNAFU. Get a mask, spit in it, rub the spit around, quick rinse, and you'll be set.

-HH

Look's like Clay will not have beat you to the Red finish line by much.

Congrats on that great partial bend! And yes, most likely it could have been yours, fresh. But be ready for a battle on the final crushdown of a grd 8! :whacked

Thanks Eric and Erik.

Hammer, you weenie...Thanks for the input, I'm swimming tomorrow, so I'll go check out masks today. Need to get some fins also.

This morning:

DRAGS

25 yds forward (heavy) X 3

50 yds forward (medium) X3

25 yds reverse (medium) X3

Hands hurting from grabbing the strap(from yesterday), so I had to use my waist more than usual.

CARRIES

medium stone ~ 75 yds

Had to pass on these because my torn up hands were tearing even more. Tried duct tape, but it just slid off. Tried gloves also, but that just tore them up more. Surprised how much pain can radiate from the palms of my hands. Gonna put some antiseptic on the open areas and let them rest the until tomorrow.

:angry: Little things like this suck

STONE THROWS

-small X 15

SOMEBODY STOLE MY MEDIUM STONE!!!!! What the hell is wrong with people. Why would you need to take a damn rock from the middle of the damn desert? :angry:

No shortage of rocks out there, but I liked that one dammit.

-heavy X 10 16 ft PR

Found a new toy. Snagged it from the side of the road. Not sure exactly how I'm gonna use it, but its 2.5" thick, and pretty damn heavy. Today I just marched around with it from side to side like a drill.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun...this is for fighting this is for fun!"

Levered it with both hands from different positions. That was pretty tough. Felt like Neo in the second Matrix. Maybe I can hammer throw it next time.

new toy

Bends later

Thank you b, its not much, but I'm tryin' :whistel

6:15AM 45 minute hill climb.

8:00AM katas, weapons drills

12:00PM STONES

throws(small)

throws (med)

Overhead Press (heavy)

I tore open my damn hand again doing the throws. Most of it is healed except for one big tear. Using antiseptics and trying to protect it, but not easy to do.

Didn't bring enough water with me today and it was pretty hot out there, so I cut it a little short.

IM HUB

30# warm-up lockout for time. THE PAIN IS BACK :angry: The pain that kept me from doing these for several months is back pretty bad even at this light weight. I am extremely pissed.

CRUSH

Just doing right hand today to let my left heal a little.

IM SG light weight - high volume

SLEDGE WORK(in place of bending due to left hand)

8# sides 3 x 20, front 4x5, rear 4x8

10# front holds, rear, overheads

10# w/5lb attached...rear for doubles right hand

ROTATIONS

3#balls

switched L-R for 1.5 hours while I watched Tears of the Sun.

Eric,

That is some pretty good sledge levering - your lost rock is a mystery?? :blink

let those hands heal - maybe the sledge levering is the best bet for now.

Have fun

Brett

Thanks BJ,

Did my usual normal early morning junk.

I know I should let my hand heal, but my 25 reds came in the mail today. I set them aside and they were calling me all kinds of names. So, I tried one on for size. I didn't do enough damage to it to write here 'cause it really dissapointed me. But I did a couple other bends since I was already at it.

445k challenge bar - (off center a smudge) kink was easy, crush was hard- pic's in my gallery

2 60's

Gonna put some goop on my hand and do more bends later, maybe even give the red another go.

Unfortunately, I'm still beginning with an over/under.....

Seeing how happy other people are after converting to a full overhand bend, I kept trying to, but I still can't begin with an overhand. Its not a weakness of any sort, its simply not being able to position myself for the initial kink holding it up high. Its mechanically awkward for me. I'm gonna practice this a bit on some G2's or TTs.

Eric I have the same problem with the double overhand. My upper body pressing strength should allow me to do well with that style but I just cant get into position and can probably barely bend a coat hanger using that style. I talked to smitty about it and he has the same problem and suggested it was shoulder inflexablility. I have a benchers build with shorter arms. Keep messin with it though and maybe it will become natural. I cant seem to figure it out though. lol Good luck bro

Austin

445k challenge bar - (off center a smudge) kink was easy, crush was hard- pic's in my gallery

Let out an audible "goooooood night" when I saw this. Then I went to your gallery and saw the pics of the 245K as opposed to the 445k and figured it must be a typo. That's still very impressive. Keep up the good work.

doh! sorry jad, didn't notice that, and its too late to edit it. 445k will be next week. :laugh Thanks man.

Austin, I'm glad to hear somone else is dealing with a similar problem. I'm 6'3" with pretty long arms to match, but maybe shoulder inflexibility is a problem. Good luck to you with it also bro.

Did some more bending tonight....

Tried to finish off my G8 but my hands were too burnt from the challenge bar. I still have pretty green hands for this stuff.

40d stainless

2 60's

2 short G2's

Ball Rotations

3# balls for about 45 minutes

Edited by Thaibox

High Volume Bends

15 IM blues

12 different size pieces of 3/16 and 1/4 square stock

10 different size pieces of 5/16 crs round

10 5.5" crs

5 g5's